Zwarte piet/Black pete issue.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitbot

Reaction score
Okay this may be laughable but its big buisness in the netherlands.

We have a festival called Sinterklaas. Actually almost the same as Santa claus. This is celebrated in Belgium The netherlands and Germany i think.
Thats not the problem. It are the Zwarte pieten (translated Black petes)
The equvalient of the elves. The helpers are Black and wear red lipstick and earings. The story is that they get black by the soot in the chimmey they come trough. This was never a problem. But since a few years people are complaning about it being racism. And want it to be stopped. And others want to keep it because its a tradition. So what do you think? Is it racism? Or not?

And for the ones who think Sinterklaas is a rip off of Santa Claus. Sinterklaas was first!

For the ones who want to know more - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zwarte_Piet

Last edited by a moderator:
If they're black because of Chimney soot, I don't think its racism. It's nice to keep tradition. People call EVERYTHING racism these days :p But are black people complaining about it or not? o:

for some reason that makes me u n c o m f o r t a b l e

If they're black because of Chimney soot, I don't think its racism. It's nice to keep tradition. People call EVERYTHING racism these days :p But are black people complaining about it or not? o:
Some are some are not. Some white people also think of it as rasicm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes i forgot to tell they think of zwarte piet as a slave. The netherlands has a slaverny history with black people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back