OldSchoolTama's Virtual Pet Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
January 28, 2012 (continued from here)

TMGC+C

Shizuka was so eager to go outside and check on her plant first thing in the morning that she slipped past me before I could tell her to go take a bath. :p After seeing the tree sprout up some more, she headed inside for a bath.

IMG_2420.jpg
IMG_2421.jpg

Ichigotchi's special item is also the white cream.

IMG_2424.jpg
IMG_2425.jpg
IMG_2426.jpg

Keitai

I noticed this morning that Hearts’ baby boy was sleeping and Hearts had gone back to Tamagotchi Planet.

IMG_2419-1.jpg

I tabbed up my Keitai because it was a good first run and I wanted to focus my attention on my Tamago-chu pair, which I started on the 29th. I think it’s better this way, especially with school starting up for me again.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Last edited by a moderator:
Slowly and steadily catching up...

January 29, 2012

Tamagotchi iD L

Aika was in a very dressy mood today. After some lunch at Tama Restaurant, she rounded off the afternoon with her favorite dessert, tiramisu, from Tama Café.

IMG_2450.jpg
IMG_2451.jpg

She absolutely insisted on playing dress-up after coming home. Of course, she had to return her Henshinjo costume (I remembered to put it back on her, don’t worry :p ) in order to try on a new dress I got her. She looked very pretty in it!

IMG_2449.jpg

Of course, playing dress-up wouldn’t be complete without the makeup. She had a fun time trying some out, although I kept insisting that she was a bit too young to be thinking about wearing makeup. They want to grow up so fast. :’)

IMG_2453.jpg
IMG_2454.jpg
IMG_2455.jpg

TMGC+C

No pictures today but Shizuka evolved into Lavuzukintchi...again. :p

Tamago-Chu

So begin the tales of my Tamago-Chu pair.

IMG_2456.jpg

I bought this set for a great deal a year ago (see this post) and am very excited to start logging about them. A bit about these guys: the name means “egg kiss” and they’re pretty simple to operate. They’re more of a novelty item – you don’t care for them like you would a normal Tamagotchi, you just watch how they interact. There are 5 designs; I have the moon and flower design.

Anyway, I just put new batteries in, pressed reset (you do have the option to download or reset, which is pretty neat), named them (I wasn’t very creative, I just picked a letter for each; it’s all in Japanese), and set the date and time.

IMG_2457.jpg

Setting date/time and intro screen

To be continued...

January 29, 2012 (continued)

After that, I was asked to choose a teen character on each unit, so I did that at random. I’m not sure about the name of the character that I chose on the male egg (anyone know, by any chance?) but the character on the female egg is Ringotchi.

IMG_2458.jpg
IMG_2459.jpg
IMG_2460.jpg

The 3 different options

IMG_2461.jpg

My choice at random

IMG_2569.jpg

How the units look

If you push the sides of the eggs together where the white, heart-shaped buttons are, they interact with each other via the infrared ports up at the top (if you just press the white buttons together without aligning the IR ports, or if you just press the white button separately, they won't interact). When they’re younger, they just kiss, but as they get older, more animations can be seen. Also, if you press the C button, they do C-button animations. The following are just a variety of pictures I caught during the day. Pretty adorable!

IMG_2466.jpg

Fostering love between the cute couple

IMG_2472.jpg
IMG_2469.jpg

Freshening up

IMG_2477.jpg

Sleeping

Here's something interesting to note - after they go to sleep, they can be woken up again without consequence by pressing the C button 3 times. Another interesting fact is that they don't sound like regular Tamagotchis at all. The beeps sound very soft and have a tinkling quality to them.

That’s it for now. I'll be back soon for more updates!

January 30, 2012

Tamagotchi iD L

Well, Aika has been an adult for the past 48 hours so she received her last happy symbol today.

IMG_2478.jpg
IMG_2487.jpg

I took her to the matchmaker and who else should be there but Mr.-Perfect-for-Aika himself, Maisutatchi? They were married after a whirlwind romance.

IMG_2482.jpg
IMG_2483.jpg
IMG_2484.jpg

Aika came home with the egg and a few seconds later, out hatched a baby boy. I named him Kenta (“healthy/strong”).

IMG_2485.jpg
IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg
IMG_2497.jpg

Wiggle dance

He evolved into Nannokitchi after an hour.

IMG_2499.jpg

Since I’ve gotten all the adults in both the Kaubotchi and Bokuhoshitchi lines, I’m not really sure which adult I’m going for yet. Maybe Kuchipatchi since I need to redo his picture in the TaMa ToMo book.

To be continued...

January 30, 2012 (continued)

TMGC+C

My gal went outside first thing in the morning to check on her tree and since we didn’t check yesterday, it sprouted up twice until it blossomed into a tree filled with…poo. I like the looks on her face. At first she was like :D and then she was like -_-

IMG_2489.jpg
IMG_2490.jpg
IMG_2491.jpg

Shizuka was not pleased so she planted another tree. Better luck next time, hopefully!

IMG_2492.jpg
IMG_2494.jpg

Tamago-Chu

Probably the best thing about the Tamago-Chu is how coordinated the various animations are. Case in point: my girl is playing the piano and my guy appears to be jammin’ to the music. They’re not even connected! I love that! :D

IMG_2503.jpg

There are plenty more in-sync animations where that came from so stay tuned!

Thanks so much for reading!

January 31, 2012

Tamagotchi iD L

I had morning clincals today and a bunch of errands to do so I didn’t take pictures until later in the day. Kenta evolved into Bokuhoshitchi, as expected.

IMG_2516.jpg

I think I lost track of the care misses after that though. We’ll see what happens.

TMGC+C

IMG_2505.jpg
IMG_2507.jpg

It's a very rare occasion for me to catch an adult character doing the wiggle dance :p

It was Shizuka’s turn to go to the matchmaker today. She met Shimashimatchi there. They fell in love and got married.

IMG_2508.jpg

Shizuka had a baby boy and named him Makoto (“sincere/true”). He evolved into Ahirukutchi after an hour.

IMG_2509.jpg
IMG_2511.jpg
IMG_2515.jpg

Tamago-Chu

IMG_2518.jpg
IMG_2517.jpg
IMG_2519.jpg

Connecting and innocent kiss on the cheek. How very chaste!

Until we meet again!

February 1, 2012

Tamagotchi iD L

I ended up getting Gozarutchi.

IMG_2523.jpg

I’ve got to get back on track with getting unique characters again, though it has been a bit difficult to do now that classes have started up again. Here’s hoping I do a better job in the coming generations.

TMGC+C

Makoto evolved into Young Mametchi today. He’ll reach adulthood in a couple of days.

IMG_2522.jpg

Tamago-Chu

So I was sitting in the car before driving home tonight when I decided to connect my Tamago-Chu pair for the first time that day, just to see what would happen but little did I know that something big would happen. My girl and boy evolved into Memetchi and Kuchipatchi, respectively. Also, they had a baby today! I’m not sure about all the names of the characters (I’m going to have to hunt around for a chart or the like) but isn’t she (I’m assuming the baby is a she) adorable? She’s shaped like a heart! The new baby alternates between her parents whenever they connect, which is a cool little detail.

IMG_2524.jpg
IMG_2528.jpg

Anyway, I didn’t get a picture of the happy couple and their baby until I got home. Once I was at home, I connected them again and I watched them get married.

IMG_2525.jpg
IMG_2526.jpg
IMG_2527.jpg

The happily-married couple toasted to their big day.

IMG_2529.jpg
IMG_2530.jpg

That’s all for now. Stay tuned!

February 2, 2012

Tamagotchi iD L

It was Gozarutchi’s birthday today, so Kenta celebrated his own birthday!

IMG_2540.jpg

Not much else going on with him during the day. I will marry him off first thing in the morning.

TMGC+C

Makoto went outside to check on the tree today and to his pleasant surprise, a cotton candy tree sporuted to life. Needless to say, he really enjoyed this tree and all the treats it had to offer.

IMG_2537.jpg
IMG_2538.jpg
IMG_2539.jpg

Tamago-Chu

I’m not quite sure how long the parents are going to stick around or if they’re going to be leaving and also, I’m wondering if they’re going to have another baby at some point because if the parents do leave, only one child remains. Oh well, I'm just going to go with the flow and see where it takes me. In the meantime, here are some more adorable animations.

IMG_2541.jpg

Oh, technology.

IMG_2546.jpg
IMG_2550.jpg

Dancing with each other and playing games

IMG_2542.jpg
IMG_2545.jpg

My gal "jumping the screen" to cook for her guy

IMG_2536.jpg

Good night!

Until we meet again!

I'm honored to give a shout-out to HippyFish for visiting my log. I hope you enjoy my Tamago-Chu entries, and congratulations on scoring a set of your own! Thanks again for stopping by! :)

February 3, 2012

Tamagotchi iD L

I took Kenta to the matchmaker this morning. He married the lovely Pichipitchi and they had a baby girl. I named her Hanako (“flower child”).

IMG_2553.jpg
IMG_2554.jpg
IMG_2556.jpg

So I was browsing around when I realized that I have 28 TamaTomo characters. Though this didn’t open up a new set of icon backgrounds, I checked under the door icon to see if there was anything new there. Silly me, I hadn’t realized that a new location, the Gotchi School, had opened up (door icon, screen 4, third choice). Hanako got to go to school with Mimitchi and Mr. Turtlepedia was there too! That was very cool to see.

IMG_2559.jpg
IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2561.jpg
IMG_2563.jpg
IMG_2564.jpg

Anyway, she evolved from Choribotchi to Paletchi after an hour.

IMG_2565.jpg

To be continued...

February 3, 2012 (continued)

I set out to get Pichipitchi, a character in this lineage that I haven’t gotten yet. In order to do that, I needed to get Sabosabotchi first. I’m sure you realize this by now, but sometimes I go a little overboard with making sure that I get those care misses down. Don’t worry! I saved her just in time.

IMG_2570.jpg
IMG_2571.jpg
IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg
IMG_2574.jpg
IMG_2576.jpg

Needless to say, I got the amount of care misses necessary to get Sabosabotchi. :p

TMGC+C

Makoto evolved into Nemutchi today. I feel kind of bad because that means I didn’t care for him as well as I should have. Ah well, hopefully better luck next time.

IMG_2579.jpg

Tamago-Chu

More adorable animations coming your way...

IMG_2558.jpg
IMG_2566.jpg
IMG_2567.jpg

Playing dress-up, chatting on the phone with each other, and dancing to music

That’s all for today. Thanks so much for stopping by!

February 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I celebrated our 5-year anniversary on February 4th. :) We went out of town for the day so I didn’t take as many pictures as I normally do. I hope you enjoy this short entry anyway.

Tamagotchi iD L

I got Sabosabotchi, as expected. Now all I need are 5 care misses to get Pichipitchi. Stay tuned…

IMG_2588.jpg

TMGC+C

I don’t think I’ve ever featured this in my log (though I’ve gotten Nemutchi many, many times :p ) but I let Makoto play with his special item today, the guitar (which is also Kuromametchi’s special item). He doesn’t seem to be as enthusiastic about it as Kuromametchi is when he plays with his guitar. :p

IMG_2622.jpg
IMG_2626.jpg
IMG_2623.jpg

Tamago-Chu

When I linked my Chu set up, something exciting happened. The lovely couple had another baby, a boy this time! Of course, since I’ve never run these guys before, I didn’t know what to expect so when the new baby animations happened, I wasn’t ready with my camera. In any case, here are some pictures of the happy family.

IMG_2580.jpg

I wonder if the parents are going to leave, allowing a new generation to continue on, much like the Osu/Mesu. We’ll just have to see!

Until we meet again!

February 5, 2012

Tamagotchi iD L

To my disappointment, Hanako evolved into Perotchi, all because I forgot about what was mentioned in THIS topic. It didn’t help that I was away yesterday and so I fed her snack after snack to get her happiness bar up quickly and easily. Ahh, well. I’ll marry her off as soon as I can; not that she isn’t a cutie pie though.

IMG_2620.jpg

TMGC+C

I took Makoto to the matchmaker today, where he married Memetchi.

IMG_2628.jpg

They had a baby boy; I named him Ryuu (“dragon spirit”). He evolved into Kuribotchi after an hour.

IMG_2630.jpg
IMG_2631.jpg

Tamago-Chu

Nothing much happened with my Chu set today. I'm just going to post some more pictures of the animations. Their babies are still with them too, of course.

IMG_2632.jpg

Getting ready for the day

IMG_2589.jpg
IMG_2619-1.jpg

Having fun and blowing kisses to each other

Remember Pikachu? Just thought I’d pop in with a quick update. I hadn’t been wearing my pedometer as often as I’d like and I felt bad that he had retreated back into his Pokeball, so I’ve been trying to coax him out. This is as far as I’ve gotten so far: he thinks I'm a "meanie" so he's got his back turned to me. :p Hopefully he’ll warm up to me soon.

IMG_2633-1.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Double-day posting today!

February 6, 2012

Tamagotchi iD L

Hanako is still around, of course. I should be able to take her to the matchmaker tomorrow afternoon, after I get back from my clinical.

IMG_2641.jpg

TMGC+C

Ryuu evolved into Young Mametchi today. There he his standing in front of the snowy Gotchi King castle. What a lovely sight!

IMG_2639.jpg

Tamago-Chu

It’s looking like something happens every 3 days or so. I’m anticipating something will happen tomorrow evening. We’ll just have to see! Meanwhile...

IMG_2644.jpg

The happy family

IMG_2645.jpg
IMG_2647.jpg

So much to do!

February 7, 2012

Tamagotchi iD L

I took Hanako to the matchmaker as soon as I could, after my clinical today. She married Shinshitchi in a lovely wedding ceremony.

IMG_2652.jpg

She came home with an egg and out hatched a baby boy. I named him Michi (“pathway”). He evolved into Kaubotchi after an hour.

IMG_2653.jpg
IMG_2655.jpg

I don’t have any pictures for the 7th of the other Tamagotchis I’m running. Ryuu on my +C is still a Young Mametchi and my entire Tamago-Chu family is still there. Still wondering if they will be doing anything more.

Thanks so much for reading!

Special thanks to Violetchilluvr3 for her continual support and feedback! :)

February 8, 2012

Tamagotchi iD L

Wow, I’ve really been toning down on the picture-taking lately. Helps me catch up with logging more easily though! Anyway, my guy evolved into Bokuhoshitchi today, as I had hoped.

IMG_2663.jpg

I’m going to try for Kuchipatchi again so I can re-do his TamaTomo picture. Knowing me, I tend to lose track of care misses, but hopefully I get it right this time. We’ll see!

TMGC+C

I was hoping for Kuchipatchi on my +C as well, but Ryuu evolved into Gozarutchi instead.

IMG_2662.jpg

I will be taking him to the matchmaker soon. I wish I could get the rest of the happy items. It’s been snowing for months now. It’ll let up soon!

Tamago-Chu

Still no changes with my Chu family. There are still a lot of cute animations though. :)

IMG_2656.jpg
IMG_2661.jpg

Chasing the family dog around the house while Memetchi is...stretching? :p They also exchanged gifts.

IMG_2658.jpg
IMG_2659.jpg

They look so cute together!

So I don’t know what’s come over me lately but I’m on a huge Tamagotchi buying spree. I’ve been bit by the bug and I’ve been bit good. :p I’ve bought 5 Tamagotchis in less than a month and I’m working on getting a 15th Anniversary iD L at the moment. It may not seem a lot to some but it's quite the record for me...I don’t usually do this!! My collection is undergoing a pretty significant change right now, between the purchases and me selling some things from my collection. I’m way overdue for a new collection picture (the most recent one in my signature is nearly a year old) so look out for that coming soon, most likely at the beginning of March!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

February 9, 2012

Tamagotchi iD L

To my pleasant surprise, Michi evolved into Kuchipatchi.

IMG_2666.jpg

I guess I did do something right after all; I was sure I didn’t get the correct amount of care misses. I will take him to the Henshinjo tomorrow so that he could put on his Patchizaurusu costume.

TMGC+C

No pictures of Ryuu today. He’s still a Gozarutchi. I’ll take him to the matchmaker tomorrow. I think it’s about time I start trying harder for the good care characters again, don’t you think? I feel bad about getting the bad care characters all the time. :p

Tamago-Chu

Still no changes, although maybe it has something to do with the amount of times I connect them. Anyway, still hoping for something to happen. According to the pictures in the instruction manual, adults can still evolve into Oldies. Stay tuned for that!

IMG_2664.jpg

One of the screens when I press A

IMG_2665.jpg
IMG_2667.jpg

More cute animations

Shorter update today. Until we meet again!

February 10, 2012

Tamagotchi iD L

I took my guy to the Henshinjo today so that he could put on his costume. Behold, Patchizaurusu! He should be ready to visit the matchmaker tomorrow.

IMG_2671.jpg
IMG_2673.jpg
IMG_2674.jpg

TMGC+C

Speaking of visits to the matchmaker, Ryuu made that trip today. He and Meidotchi were married and they had a baby boy. I named him Akio “glorious hero.” There he is standing next to the snowy castle.

IMG_2677.jpg
IMG_2681.jpg

I love the seasonal animations on the +C. The iD L series would be perfect if they had included all the seasonal and weather animations, in my opinion. Speaking of the animations on the +C, if anyone is curious about what occurs during which period of time, here's a list (information provided by Ra):

TMGC+C Seasonal Animations

Jan 1-3 New Years

Feb 6-10 Sapporo Snow Festival

Mar 1-3 Girls Festival (Dolls Festival)

Apr 1-7 Cherry Blossom Viewing

May 1-5 Boys Festival (Childrens Festival)

Jun 12-16 Hydrangea Festival

Jul 18-22 Sunflowers

Aug 3-9 Fireworks

Sep 15-19 Moon Viewing

Oct 29-31 Halloween

Nov 20-24 Falling Autumn Leaves

Dec 20-25 Christmas

Anyway, Akio evolved into Ahirukutchi after an hour.

IMG_2682.jpg
IMG_2684.jpg

Tamago-Chu

I heard tell that the Chu adults don’t evolve into Oldies until they’re at least 15. That means that (hopefully) they’ll evolve in a few days. Stay tuned! In the meantime, here are some more animations:

IMG_2688.jpg

A kiss for his wife

IMG_2686.jpg
IMG_2686.jpg

I wonder what's going on here. It seems that he's hovering in the air while calling his wife's name?

Maybe he's pining for her. If anyone has any information about this, please let me know? :)

Thanks so much for reading! Have a great day!

I would like to give a special shout-out to Pink Hippopotumas for reading my log in pretty much its entirety in a short amount of time (no easy feat!) and for being such a dedicated fan. Thanks for all your support! :)

February 11, 2012

Tamagotchi iD L

Michi earned his final happy symbol today and so now his TamaTomo picture has been replaced by a new one depicting Kuchipatchi as a healthy Patchizaurusu. Much better!

IMG_2693.jpg
IMG_2705.jpg

I took him to the matchmaker, where he fell in love with Chamametchi.

IMG_2697.jpg
IMG_2698.jpg
IMG_2699.jpg

They were married and Michi came home with an egg after their honeymoon. The egg hatched and out came a baby boy. I named him Junichi (“obedient one”). He evolved into Kaubotchi after the first hour of care.

IMG_2700.jpg
IMG_2701.jpg
IMG_2702.jpg

TMGC+C

Akio evolved into Young Mametchi today. Not much else going on with him.

IMG_2691.jpg

Tamago-Chu

IMG_2689.jpg

The lovely couple enjoyed a relaxing day.

Stay tuned for more updates!

February 12-13, 2012

Tamagotchi iD L

My guy evolved into Bokuhoshitchi on the 12th.

IMG_2708.jpg

I’ve already gotten all characters in this lineage, so I’m just going to go with whatever character I get. I need to start employing the little trick I came across to get characters I haven’t already gotten. When things settle down a bit more, I’ll try it out.

Junichi evolved into Kuchipatchi (again :p ) on the 13th. It’s great to see him again! I’ll be taking him to the matchmaker in the early morning on the 15th.

IMG_2710.jpg

TMGC+C

No pictures of Akio on the 12th, as he was still a Young Mametchi then. On the 13th, he evolved into Shimashimatchi.

IMG_2711.jpg

Finally, a middle-care character! I’ve been getting bad-care characters for a while now; Shimashimatchi is a nice change. Shimashimatchi does a lot of fun things so I’ll be exploring that side of him tomorrow.

Tamago-Chu

The lovely couple should be evolving into Oldies…any day now…hopefully... :p

IMG_2707.jpg
IMG_2709.jpg

Not sure what's going on with Kuchipatchi in the second picture; is he doing push-ups? :p

IMG_2706.jpg

Not sure what's going on with Memetchi in this one; is she dreaming about Kuchipatchi?

For the first time in many months, I’m actually caught up with my log! Probably won’t last though, since I’ve got school, clincals, leadership meetings, job stuff, commuting, exam prep, etc. thrown in the mix. I’ll try and not let weeks and weeks go by without updating again though! :D Thanks so much for stopping by!

February 14, 2012

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day!

Tamagotchi iD L

Nothing much going on with Junichi today, as we’re still waiting for the morning of the 15th, when he can visit the matchmaker. Since I’ve already gotten Kuchipatchi, I don't need to wait around for his last happy symbol. I did dress him up in his Henshinjo outfit again though. He says "RAWR!" :)

IMG_2725.jpg

TMGC+C

I haven’t gotten Shimashimatchi in a while and I’m not sure whether I’ve featured his special item, the invisibility (cloak :D ) cape, in my log yet. I know Gozarutchi is able to use it too (he is a ninja, after all) but it’s different with Shimashimatchi. I’d have to go back and look but getting Shimashimatchi happens so rarely for me these days that I wouldn’t mind featuring these things again. It’s cute how only his stripes remain. Here he is kicking the ball around in his "invisible" state.

IMG_2713.jpg
IMG_2714.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg
IMG_2720.jpg
IMG_2717.jpg

One other interesting he does is if he eats 3 watermelons in a row, he will turn green and it won’t go away until the next morning. A bath won’t even make it go away.

IMG_2722.jpg
IMG_2723.jpg

Tamago-Chu

Still waiting…

IMG_2712.jpg

Keeping busy

That’s all for now. Have a nice day, everyone! :)

February 15, 2012

Today’s entry will be a little more picture-laden because I forgot to include all the other pictures I took of my Tamago-Chu pair on Valentine’s Day. I will get to that shortly.

Tamagotchi iD L

As soon as Junichi woke up, he made his bed, brushed his teeth, had some breakfast, and made his way over to the matchmaker, where the lovely Meloditchi was waiting for him. They were married in a beautiful wedding ceremony and went on their honeymoon shortly afterward. Junichi came home with the egg, which carried the lovely couple’s new son. I named him Kazuhiro (“prosperous one”).

IMG_2743.jpg
IMG_2744.jpg

Now, I was a little worried that I got Nittobotchi because more often than not, I get the toddler Kaubotchi from him. If that happens, I would get another repeat adult character. So it was really important to me to try for Furutsupantchi, which is doable, just less likely. According to posts I’ve seen over at Tama Zone, if you take perfect care of Nittobotchi, you could get Furutsupantchi. I still think there’s somewhat of a random element in the toddler you get but I was willing to try anything out and see if it would work. The way I did it is that I tried to catch Kazuhiro’s wiggle dance as much as I could; I think I ended up missing only 2 out of that entire hour. I also made sure that he didn't have more than 2 hunger bowls empty, and I cut back on the sweets and played the built-in games with him instead.

IMG_2745.jpg
IMG_2746.jpg
IMG_2747.jpg

Well, it worked because sure enough, he evolved into Furutsupantchi after an hour!

IMG_2748.jpg
IMG_2749.jpg

This is great, because now I can try for the last male adult character I haven’t gotten: Bokutchi. This requires getting at least 2 care misses in the toddler stage to get Happabouyatchi, and then 4 care misses in the teen stage. We’ll see how things go!

TMGC+C

Akio made the big trip to the matchmaker today as well. He married the lovely Furawatchi and they had a baby girl.

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg
IMG_2753.jpg

Precious father-daughter moments :)

To be continued...

Latest posts

Back