Homosexuality - what is your view?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amat Gotchi, if ypu are a true christian, which means you mainly base yourself on the Bible , then you CAN NOT support it. I listed above the verses where it says it's a sin. So if you still want to support it, why not ignore a few more rules?

Amat Gotchi, if ypu are a true christian, which means you mainly base yourself on the Bible , then you CAN NOT support it. I listed above the verses where it says it's a sin. So if you still want to support it, why not ignore a few more rules?
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged" -Matthew 7:1

"Anyone who hates another brother or sister is really a murderer at heart. And you know that murderers don’t have eternal life within them." -John 3:15

Also read as "Anyone who has hate for his brother is a taker of life, and you may be certain that no taker of life has eternal life in him." -John 3:15

You may believe we are sinning but you may not condemn us, nor judge us, or you are breaking your own law. We do not want to force anything on you or to 'corrupt' you, all that we want is the same basic human rights you have. To be allowed to marry someone we love dearly no matter their gender. No one is trying to break into your church and force you to let them marry there. Churches will always have the right to refuse who they want, if you do not want gays in your church then you do not have to let them in, but we deserve to be able to be legally partnered and the rights that come with that partnership that all heterosexuals already have.

I'm not judging homosexuals. I'm merely repeating what the Bible says. And I may tell a person when he is sinning, so says the Bible.

I'm not pushing my beliefs. I am saying that Christians cannot be against the Bible or they are disobeying the Bible. As for the non-christians I tried to prove that it is a very unhealthy lifestyle and isn't natural.

God says we have to preach, so yes, I believe he would be happy.

One more time, if it isn't natural why numerous animals in the wild are gay?

There is even a breed of lizards which are entirely lesbian.

Plus, newflash: gay people actually have sex way less often than heterosexuals do.

Being gay is not a choice. They don't just decide to be gay, it just happens to be so. They cant just stop being gay. Sure they can decide to not follow their true self, and be alone their whole life. But God says 'Be fruitful and multiply'. Does that mean that gay people have to pretend to love a woman and have kids with her? That also would be a sin. Gay people cant win with religion :( Its like they have no choice but to be sinners then. Its not right. We cant follow everything the Bible says.

Being gay is not a choice. They don't just decide to be gay, it just happens to be so. They cant just stop being gay. Sure they can decide to not follow their true self, and be alone their whole life. But God says 'Be fruitful and multiply'. Does that mean that gay people have to pretend to love a woman and have kids with her? That also would be a sin. Gay people cant win with religion :( Its like they have no choice but to be sinners then. Its not right. We cant follow everything the Bible says.
I totally disagree with that. I of course believe it's a choice. Please don't say they're "BORN THAT WAY" when you don't give evidence.

Also about those lizards, there don't exist males of those species. Also this is the only way they can reproduce. They're special animals, and totally different then a human.

I know for a fact I did not choose to be bisexual. And I was raised a Christian, and felt like a horrible dirty person to be different like that. If I had a choice i wouldn't be bisexual back then when i realised. I've come to terms with it now.

People just have to understand that homosexuality is not just anal sex. Actually gay people barely have anal sex (more mutual masturbation)

It's a real, pure love. Imagine if you were gay (if you aren't) and now look at people around you. Imagine that you loved someone very, very much and he was the same gender. What are the chances that he might be even interested in that way with you? It's still a minority...

As said earlier in the thread, there are so many rules listed in the Bible that a whole bunch of them conflict one another. Such as "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth," versus, "If your neighbor slaps you on the cheek, turn the other cheek." This is likely because, though most Christians say the Bible was inspired by God, it was written by men, who may have taken a little literary license, as well as not being given by God examples of good things and evil things. As a Christian, I see no problem with people breaking fine-print rules from the Bible. The Bible's main premise is to show the havoc that is wrought when people do not love, forgive, and learn from mistakes. I believe that a good portion of the Bible is completely symbolic, merely giving examples of good and evil. A pastor I know said, "If you do anything without love in your heart, you are sinning." I see no more important Christian teaching than that. :blink: Homosexual acts were extremely dangerous back when the Bible was written, as were heterosexual acts outside of marriage, because of plagues and other various ailments. Committing a homosexual act was frowned upon as a form of suicide. Times were very different then.

I don't mind if people do not accept homosexuality, but I find it uncouth to tell people who do support it that they are evil for accepting love. :)

So simply put, I base myself upon the Bible in the sense that I look for the true underlying meaning of each story in the Bible.

I am a Christian, therefore, I do not agree with same-sex relationships. I however, try my best not to judge anyone based on their sexuality.

My best friend has been debating with himself on whether or not he is gay. He has finally decided quite recently that he is. He's in love with his other best friend, and I, for one.. think it is so adorable. I am supporting him 100%. He's so sweet about this guy, and I hope that if they do get in a relationship that he treats him right.. I don't want to see him hurt.

***I may have contradicted myself by saying that I don't agree with same-sex relationships, and then going on to say that I support my best friend 100%.. but in all honesty, that's how I feel. Call me stupid for only supporting him in this.. but hey, that's just what I think.

I completely support homosexuality.

Who am I to deny someone else the right to love?!

Literally half of my of friends are gay.

There is nothing wrong or evil about it. It's love.

We are all human beings and should be respected equally.

My best friend (who is gay and a practicing Christian) once told me his theory on god and gays.

He says: "God created gays to help lessen the overpopulation of the world"

One more time, if it isn't natural why numerous animals in the wild are gay?

There is even a breed of lizards which are entirely lesbian.
I hate to butt in, but this argument seems just as flawed to me as the Christian arguments against homosexuality.

Animals in the wild are liable to engage in all kinds of behavior which may be completely normal to them, but strange, cruel, or even disgusting to us.

Certain male orangutans mate only by raping female members of their species. Bottlenose dolphins sometimes prevent females from eating unless they submit to rape ( they also torment other dolphins which is why they're never kept together in zoos with other dolphin species ).

Bird hatchlings may kill their weaker siblings to make it easier for their parents to feed them, and many other species also commit infanticide and devour each other alive.

Although I still strongly support gay rights, I don't think we should compare humans and animals as a way of proving that any sort of behavior ( homosexual or not ) is natural, since by that logic anyone could shrug off something like rape or cannibalism because they claim that other species engage in the same acts and for them it's normal.

There is no such thing as a 'true christian'

everyone is different so everyone has different views - not everyone will have the same views as others on topics like this, regardless of religion.

Amat Gotchi, and other "Christians". There may indeed be some contoversal stuff in the Bible, but that's because you have the old and the new testament.

Jesus himself says:

"You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.' But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also... You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, (Matthew 5:38-39, 43-44)

Also I was reading today in the Bible and found this:

For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.(Romans 1.26-27)

Also please read the verses above. It says on several places in the Bible it's wrong. So even if you would exclude a few, it still says there. If something says once in the Bible, I think it's ok to doubt it. But if it doesn't, it most likely is something quite important. Also (to the Christians):the Bible says not to follow what you feel is right.(Proverbs 28:26)

"Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered."

And so I shouldn't believe any Christian may support homosexuality. No matter what your feelings tell you.

No one has the right to discriminate against another because of their sexuality. The abuse that some people get is horrible, especially over something that they didn't choose and shouldn't be ashamed about. It shouldn't be up to the state or society to tell two consenting adults that they can't love each other. The Bible has verses against homosexuality, but it also says that it's a sin to wear materials made of two types of fabric.

Sadly, the same discrimination was seen after the Civil Rights Movement. Even if gay marriage and rights are brought in fully, it will take the death of a generation of hate for it to take effect completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back