Why do you have them?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddiLuvsYew

Reaction score
I wanted to know you guys view on the little v-pets we know as "tamas". Do you take them on as a serious pet and dedication? Or do you do it for fun?

One time I read this article type thing that this man wrote about his obssesion with mimitchis, and I found it rather odd. He sounded worse than us crazy tama-talkers. It almost sounded like he was in..... an actual RELATIONSHIP with the tams. <_< It was kind of scary.

Anyway, opinions. How do you view tamas? Why do you have them? My friends got me into mine when I was about...... 11. I think they are mostly for fun, espescially to connect with your friends and add onto generations. I've also always wanted my dog to have puppies, but we got her fixed D: So when I found out tams could have babies, I was uber excited :D I've always tried to work on getting my generations up, and devastated when a high-generation tam died on accident. I dont just see them as TOYS, because they do seem almost alive, in a way. Tamas are magical :D (LIKE ME! jk) They are by far the best vpet EVER.

So, how do YOU see them?

I like them, because they bring a little sunshine to my day. You know, when everything is upside down and you feel very bad... Then suddenly you notice your cute little Tamagotchi on your table and you want to play with it. That's why I like them. They are so interesting! :p

i love taking care of things. i feel like my tama needs me. i love taking it places and feeding it, playing with it, watching it take care of its baby.... i love tamas

[SIZE=8pt] i like taking care of my tamas and feeding them snacks and buying them new things from the shop tamas r my life i LOVE tamas! B) B) i also love playing games with them!! they r just to cute! [/SIZE] :) :) :ph34r: :ph34r: i think tamas r fun and serious really coz u can have fun with them and be srious with them!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :eek: :( :( :wacko:

[SIZE=14pt]memetchi7 [/SIZE] :) :) hehe hehe hehe

I like them, because they bring a little sunshine to my day. You know, when everything is upside down and you feel very bad... Then suddenly you notice your cute little Tamagotchi on your table and you want to play with it. That's why I like them. They are so interesting! :D
You're right :p They do bring a little sunshine to your day. It also makes you feel needed, because they DEFINETLY need you, and feeling needed is a nice feeling -_- TAMS MAKE ME HAPPEH :D

Tamagotchis, to me, are just like a portable Petz 1/2/3/4/5

And thats a good thing. Because I love Petz 4/5

They are fun little things, and they help kill time. Plus they are cute. And there nothing better than a tama when you are down!

I agree with all of the above posts :p And taking care of a Tama gives me a sense of achievement from time to time, such as when I complete a game, receive the character I have been aiming for (I have V4s) and when I achieve a new generation :furawatchi:

I see them as your best friend. when you feel down, they're always there for you. even though they can't speak, they always help you get through your life. and that's what's best about it. :)

^_^

I agree with all of the above posts :eek: And taking care of a Tama gives me a sense of achievement from time to time, such as when I complete a game, receive the character I have been aiming for (I have V4s) and when I achieve a new generation ;)
Yeah, I agree with the characters thing. It's always fun to get the character you are aiming for, and gives you a great sense of achievement :rolleyes: Its like parenting, and bringing up your kid properly, so its better than video games in my opinion :D

I like them, because they bring a little sunshine to my day. You know, when everything is upside down and you feel very bad... Then suddenly you notice your cute little Tamagotchi on your table and you want to play with it. That's why I like them. They are so interesting! :D
same here.

I have a killer autumn term at university now, and I have to learn awfully much. I know there is a certain point that if I reach I can neither concentrate nor learn anything anymore, so I have to take small pauses when I lay back and have a little relax. however, I always have the thought of that I will run out of time, and I must go on studying, so keeping these small pauses is pretty hard for me - but not with tamas, they need care every now and than, and when I hear they need attention or they just went to the toilet I just go and clean them, feed them and play with them, and this makes me not to think of studies for awhile, and helps me relax, and start over again with more energy. the same applies for exam terms ^^

so I think they are both fun and serious :lol:

(...) so I have to take small pauses when I lay back and have a little relax. however, I always have the thought of that I will run out of time, (...) so keeping these small pauses is pretty hard for me - but not with tamas, they need care every now and than, and when I hear they need attention or they just went to the toilet I just go and clean them, feed them and play with them, and this makes me not to think of studies for awhile, and helps me relax, and start over again with more energy.
:D I feel the same way... I'll sit and draw a comic book page for like, eight hours or so but if I don't take a break every once in a while I'll fall asleep! Having a Tamagotchi on my desk is a great way to take that little break.. I used to try it with my Nintendo DS but I'd get too caught-up in the game... :D

I still have the very first Tamagotchi I ever had from 1997... He's the most well behaved one of my two. I tell my Boyfriend all the time that he's such a good boy... :p Luckily he's used to my weird antics.... Naming computers and electronic pets and such...

I use them mainly for fun. But yes, as some others said, they bring happiness into my day. They're just so cute and they're always smiling no matter what (even though some have strange face expressions). They're not fully serious, but i would never just let them pass away. I'd be very upset if they die, but maybe not so upset that i would cry. I'll always love my tama(s) no matter what and if any others die then i will be devastated (im on 4th Gen).

I love Tamagotchis because they are cute and fun!

I enjoy playing all of the games, I love all the characters (even the ugly ones lol), and I love all the special occasion animations there are.

They're just awesome!

I agree with all of the above posts :furawatchi: And taking care of a Tama gives me a sense of achievement from time to time, such as when I complete a game, receive the character I have been aiming for (I have V4s) and when I achieve a new generation :wacko:
Yeah

I agree, it makes you feel that you've acheived their life

it makes you feel you've created something unique x]

=]

for me tamagotchi is such a good friend!!even though they can't feel or talk i treasured them as my real pet and bestfriend!!hope someday in the future bandai make a tamagotchis that can talk and give advice for all of us!!

i love tamagotchi

To me i feel like tamas r like a best friend to me and like there really special but sometimes i take it seriously but most of all i take tamas as fun... but the serious part i tamk on tamas r when they past away (i don't like saying die because it really hurts me in the inside) because i don't want them to past away.... :blink: but tamagotchis r fun! :mametchi:

Well I guess I just play with them for a bit of fun, but when I get to a high generation, or it evolves into a character I've always wanted, I guess I take it a bit more seriously :D

And you feel like you have a responsibilty to take care for it :(

I see them as vpets that people can take care of if you can't/don't have any real pets of you own; that was the original reason why they made tamas in the first place :)

I love my tamas too, and I take them pretty seriously, but sometimes I will start them for fun. If I have a tamagotchi log, then you know I'm taking the care of my tamas very seriously.

Lol but not to the point of over obsession! As in they don't come to school with me, or work etc... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back