Why do you have them?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a little piece of fantasy for me. Ahh, I mean, a little cutie who sits in the egg and lets you play in the virtual world? I like that idea. I first got known to them when my friend bought it to school one day. She coaxed me into having one. And I did. And then I remembered we argued over some silly stuff once. But since both of us wanted to connect our tamagotchi, we connect and connect till we got over the silly arguement. Lols, tamagotchi strengthen my friendships. It's been 4 years ever since.

Both. I like to take care of them seriously like feeding them when they need to be fed, and play with them when they are unhappy.

But I also use them for fun like when I try to get different characters by bad health or perfect health.

Just for fun, I don't take tamagotchis that seriously. If they were to die, I'd be a bit disappointed in myself for not taking good care of it, but I would not be upset or cry.

I like them because its something to do on the school holidays when things are extremely boring, or on long car trips. Whenever we go on car trips, I always make sure I bring my tamagotchis.

Also, like some of you have mentioned, I like them because they give you a sense of achievement when you finish a game, or get the character you want, or get 9999 GP.

Its also like a little escape from reality when you really don't want to be there, or you're annoyed at someone. Sometimes you just feel down, and you don't want to do anything. I used to sit in my room for hours after getting into an arguement with my family and play with my tamagotchi.

I just like them because they're lots of fun. They're pets that you can pause and mute. They need to invent something like that for barking dogs :(

Well.....for me, serious AND fun.

Tamagotchis ruined my life but gave me inspiration.

They ruined my eyesight (AHHHH!) but they put another meaning into me. Tamatalk is here because of them. MY tamagotchi forum is here because of them. Tamagotchis gave me a sense of leadership too, I was always the tama expert in school, my friends surrounding me....asking me questions.......So, in that point of view, I take tams seriously. [SIZE=7pt]If something happened to my tamas, I would cry.....[/SIZE]

And of course....

Also, like some of you have mentioned, I like them because they give you a sense of achievement when you finish a game, or get the character you want, or get 9999 GP.
Totally. I feel SO achieved when I accomplish something on my Tamas. That's the fun in them.

For me, it's both ways, really.

Hehe. XD Here's my reason. I am a pisces (sensitive astrologic sign). Known to be an authority over animals and humans. I long for something to care for. SO for me, tamagotchis are extremely serious.

i use to have them when I was a kid. They were so much fun. When I found out they have them again, I decided to buy one. Brings back childhood memories.

yeah tamas are amazing:D THey pass time and they're so cute! I love my tama like my real pet! Two of them ran out of batteries and i cried so hard when that happened!

At some point I am serious about them. But if I had to choose a family member between and a tamagotchi (Note that I do not consider my tamagotchis as family) then i'd pick my family , of course. So my answer is , I'm only serious to one point. They are not like family nor friends. Because think about it ,do you BUY your friends for $14.99? or do you BUY your family for 16.99 £ ? I don't think so. You see, Tama Talk , when it comes to virtual things, you just need to know when to say I love , or I like :furawatchi:

Dawnie

For fun. :mametchi:

I must admit though, I'm a pretty competitive person, so a lot of the time I'm worried about how many gotchi points I have, whether I've collected all the souvenirs, etc. I don't really see them as pets, just something cute to play around with. :furawatchi:

I see them as both fun and serious, like other people have said. It's fun to train them, feed them, and check on them here and there. They make everyday interesting. It's a good thing when they move onto the next level in growth, or even the next generation. It's satisfying to know you've done well in caring for them successfully. They might only be digitalised pets in a plastic egg-shaped case, but it is rewarding to see new generations take the place of older ones. It gives me a sence of achievement to know I've done well in caring for them. That's where the serious side comes into perspective. The fun part is caring for them, the serious part is the satisfaction of success in seeing the next generation of tamas take over. Plus, I had tamas back in the 90's, and it brings back memories, too. :furawatchi:

my tamagotchis realy bring me fun, but i am very careful with them and take them seriously. i dont let anyone touch them because i lost my very first tama when a careless friend dropped it >.< but my tamagotchis make me realy happy! i still laugh when my v4 & v4.5 do their little dance up to the screen! like a puppy, u hav to take care of them alot, but they really bring a smile to your face!

I first got one, because my teacher gave it to me for a project, lol. She said, "Don't let them die!! Keep them alive, feed them well, and return these to my 2 weeks later. I want to see how many generations you've gone through, which will tell me that you took care of them!" I thought it was sorta funny... But, I grew to love them!! I do it for fun, and I am really dedicated to them!!! They're like real pets to me.

Plus, I never let my friends touch them, because they have no idea how to work them, and would probably let them die in 1 day. So, I would say, I have fun and take them seriously :mimitchi:

I *still* like them because they've been part of my life since I was five...

Last edited by a moderator:
You see..Tamas can be taken seriously or fun, It's how the owners think about it. Have fun with your tamas. That's what their made for. Then how could they be classified as "toys"? Well, this is my opinion. (I have a feeling that I already posted in here...)

-ilovekuchipa555

What I like about tamagotchi the most is the portability.

You cant exactly take your real pets around with you in your pocket, can you?

And the egg-ness :eek: I think its adorable how they "hatch" from an egg and their egg-shaped cases :eek: Their adorability was what first drew me to them.

And my little sister isnt allowed to have pets, (well, maybe a fish) so I gave her a tamagotchi instead :angry: She loves it

I got my first one when I was living in Japan and it was an Original Tamagotchi. Collected them ever since...

Even though I am 19 and people keep telling me I'm too old for that I like tamagotchi because, first, since I was little I loved them. My first tamagotchi was yellow and white and it had only two characters: Kuchipatchi and Mametchi (or at least that's the only ones i had). Then I had a lot of other v-pets which i also loved very much. The reason I have them is, mostly, because they make me feel responsible (after all I have to take care of it and make sure it's ok) and for fun too. Now I have a V4.5 and a V5 and wouldn't change it for anything else (unless it was a higher version of tamagotchi ;) ) I also have them because, obviously, it's a pet and well I am not allowed to have a dog or cat (or any other animals :mimitchi: ) at home so that would be my pet. :D

I'm not really sure.

I guess half-&-half.

Because I like taking care of Tamagotchis because it's fun to watch your Tamagotchi grow, & it's also fun to play with it, & raise something that you can call your own. Stuff like that. :]

But I also feel quite seriously about it, for example:

I can't run more than one Tamagotchi because I'm scared that I'll start liking one more than the other, or I'll care for one more than I'll care for the other one.

So, a bit of both really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back