Why do you have them?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I am 19 and people keep telling me I'm too old for that I like tamagotchi because, first, since I was little I loved them. My first tamagotchi was yellow and white and it had only two characters: Kuchipatchi and Mametchi (or at least that's the only ones i had). Then I had a lot of other v-pets which i also loved very much. The reason I have them is, mostly, because they make me feel responsible (after all I have to take care of it and make sure it's ok) and for fun too. Now I have a V4.5 and a V5 and wouldn't change it for anything else (unless it was a higher version of tamagotchi ;) ) I also have them because, obviously, it's a pet and well I am not allowed to have a dog or cat (or any other animals :angry: ) at home so that would be my pet. :)
Aww thats a cute story :D

I used to have a tamagotchi when I was little, too, but I was like, 3 so my mom got rid of it D: Do you still have yours? :D

I'm 14, and I dont think my mom thinks I'm too old for them, she just doesnt like them. LOL.

Tams do make you feel responsible :D and thats really cool how your tama is your only pet.

I'm glad you still use tamagotchi :D I think its really cool that you are 19 and you havent gotten sick of them :)

I agree w/ EuroMametchi. After my cat died my bff bought me one(before they were popular in my school) to cheer me up. I named the Tama after my cat. Sort of. Her name was too long to put in.

A bit of seriousness and a bit of fun.

A mixture is always good :angry:

I wanted to know you guys view on the little v-pets we know as "tamas". Do you take them on as a serious pet and dedication? Or do you do it for fun? One time I read this article type thing that this man wrote about his obssesion with mimitchis, and I found it rather odd. He sounded worse than us crazy tama-talkers. It almost sounded like he was in..... an actual RELATIONSHIP with the tams. :angry: It was kind of scary.

Anyway, opinions. How do you view tamas? Why do you have them? My friends got me into mine when I was about...... 11. I think they are mostly for fun, espescially to connect with your friends and add onto generations. I've also always wanted my dog to have puppies, but we got her fixed D: So when I found out tams could have babies, I was uber excited :D I've always tried to work on getting my generations up, and devastated when a high-generation tam died on accident. I dont just see them as TOYS, because they do seem almost alive, in a way. Tamas are magical :D (LIKE ME! jk) They are by far the best vpet EVER.

So, how do YOU see them?
Well, I get them for fun, but after I uy them, the fun is taking care of them, once I cried because my friends tama died. lol, not, I feel like there little lifes beyond us, but not like I really belive there is TamaPlanet or whatever, not like really real.

honestly, I really do view my tamas as serious pets. I do have a puppy here at home, but when he's asleep and I'm up late studying for exams and such, my tama is my really only companion. I also take them everywhere, such as classes up at the college and everything. A lot of times I end up staying there for hours on end and so I take it along and it keeps me company. I care for them and in a way, they take care of me while studying or just giving me something to do or a reason to skip out on homework and just relax. I honestly do luv my tamas. well, right now I only have my new V5 activated, but I still love my V1 and V3 just as much but they have too much wear and tear from going everywhere! Anyway, hope I answered your question!

I like to play them for fun, no other reason!

Tamagotchi's are great to have, spend lots of time with them in your spare time etc.

I don't know anyone who has a Tama and doesn't use it for fun...

I don't find Tama's as real pets though, just like some fun game that needs constant attention. :lol:

Cya! :lol:

i play with tamagotchis for fun partly seriously. they also bring back memories from when i was younger. in fact i still have my very first tamagotchi. the battery may be dead, but i still have it. they keep me occupied when i'm bored.

I play with my tamas mostly for fun and cause I love taking care of them (but not in a weird way or anything...) They are just so much fun to play with and they're so cute!

I don't play with tamagotchis anymore (I'm thinking of finding my ol' pink one that I got when I was like 11 or so, however... brings back memories) but when I did play them it was only for fun. Now that I plan to collect them (well, just the cute ones that I actually want) the answer is still the same.. for fun. :p

I play with my Tamagotchi for fun, mostly. :lol: I love taking care of something, and since I can't have a pet either, this is the best way. :D It also means they don't truly 'die,' which I would be upset about if a real animal died. :(

They're entertaining and keep me company! ^o^ And, same as EuroMametchi, I find them fun, but I take them seriously. ;)

Both, I guess.. Fun because i like to play with them, play games take care of them, but i would not cry if they died.. I'm not THAT serious about them.. I'm serious about taking good care of them but not in an obsessive way.. :D

I got my first tamagotchi five years ago, when my mom told me that we'd never get a real animal in the house (she's allergic to animal fur). I got it as a serious pet, and I cared for it dilligently. I've gotten more over the years, and I care for them responsibly as well. I do have a real pet now too, though. He's a male beta fish named Aqua. Thank goodness my mom isn't allergic to fish scales XD!

Umm... How can people take Tama's SERIOSLY?! :) I think they are just a little fun! Bringing sunshine to my days! ... Wait, I just felt a deja vu. I think I've said that before :) Oh well...

i love the responsibility i feel whenn my tama beeps, and i GET to feed or play with it (not Have to feed or play with it, I GET to), and while a potty training feture would be nice, i just hope they never make a tama that will feed itself if it waits to long for you after it beeps

:) :) ;) kutchi999 :lol: :lol: :lol:

i know what ALL of u feel about tamas, i :wub: them 2 but they dont take care of u, they are not really there for u, e.g. imagin this:

u had a car accedint and ur in hospital... DO U THINK UR TAMA IS GONNA VISIT U AND SAY "EVERYTHINGS ALL RIGHT!"...!!! do u really think that...?

tamas are virtual pets and they are super... i know... but do they really help u...? NO. they made tamas to make money, to make even MORE money by making different versions of something thats beloved. by the way this is my fav tama: :)

but still... tamas are luxus!!!!!

do you think in africa a poor child is happy because its tama is in the 2nd generation?????? NO!!!!! a poor child in africa is happy when it gets something TO EAT!!!!!!! to get something to eat is something sooooo natural to us. but not in africa. to have some vitural pet or other electronic things is NATURAL to us!!!! for a poor child in africa it is not even natural to have something to eat EVERY DAY!!!!! goodness...AM I MAD!!! i think i need to cool down a bit. :eek:

:D :p :angry: :angry:

PS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sry, i just to let that out, im like so :) that some people think tamas are there for u!!!

I treat them as a Real Pet.A real friend.

But i don't want to make/made a relationship(except of being friend ) with my tamas coz that makes me look a very(1,000,000x) crazy person....

But not also to blame that man coz that is a real love for tamas...That feelings was not avoidable :mellow: ....For the Tama-fan that is 10 zillion times crazy about tamas .(I'm not like that)

Tama Rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back