* * * * * 3 votes

TamaTown.com Down?

website down?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:02 AM ( #35 )

I'm not on TamaTown so I tried making an account, and after I type in all the stuff and click "next", nothing happens! :angry:

PurpleTygerFur

• purpletygerfur user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:41 AM ( #36 )

Oh you know something else? I went on the old Tamatown site for V3 tamas and it's not giving out any codes! You know how it usually gives out the passport at the beginning, then if you buy items at the mall or wherever you go, it gives you a code. Well some of the codes just aren't showing up, and when I try to buy something it just says "Error, please try again!" I've tried exiting and reopening the site several times and clicking on different items and it's not working! o.o So not only the new tamatown is down, but the old one is having errors :C They really need to get on top of this.

I was having the same problem and found out that Tamagotchi Europe still works!
Try here: http://www.tamagotch...m/EN/index.html

Edit: Oops! Sorry, I guess I hadn't checked the v3 site. :huh: I was having trouble with the v4 and v5 sites, which both worked on Tamagotchi Europe. I just tried the v3 and it doesn't even open a window for me. <_<

Edit (again): Lol nevermind, it works. It opened up in my previously opened window in the background, and my sound is muted, so it appeared like nothing was happening. I just checked and it does work. :rolleyes:

Edited by PurpleTygerFur, 15 June 2012 - 11:59 AM.

Amat Gotchi

• amat-gotchi user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:42 PM ( #37 )

V6 and Tama-Go TamaTown still not working...I hear it's messed up and they are fixing it? I hope they hurry.
I emailed Bandai also; I guess that is all that can be done for now.

shireikantchi

• shireikantchi user photo

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:55 PM ( #38 )

I am so annoyed with Tamatown.com being down for SO very long, and not even a single response or peep out of Bandai America - to all the faithful users here... and even to those who took the time and expense to call or direct email. ALL IGNORED! ALL IGNORED??? WTF?

I have seen bad customer service in my life, but really, this is so very pathetic; it makes me want to barf! Now, don't get me wrong, I love Tamagotchis; but Bandai America's ***inexcuseable*** rude behavior in this matter makes me truly HATE them!! :huh: :P :wacko: :ph34r: :P -_- <_< <_< <_<

LOADING PARTICLE CANNON FOR ORBITAL DESTRUCTION OF TARGET CITY: Cypress, CA
>>GOODBYE BANDAI<<<

Edited by shireikantchi, 22 June 2012 - 05:55 PM.

• TicTax likes this

riririn

• riririn user photo

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:04 PM ( #39 )

Maybe their editing the site... :huh:

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:01 AM ( #40 )

Maybe their editing the site... :huh:

Yes we were hoping that :( - but Tamagotchi Life hasn't got anything to do with Tamagotchi so why edit the site?? WHY??

rea7057

• rea7057 user photo

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:49 PM ( #41 )

Good Morning Guys. I am sorry to report - just tried again this morning (zip). Same behavior: Servers seem off-line (password does not match, response behavior). Been down over 18 hours now. Not very responsive, aye? Hmm,

Okay, I found this link on the Bandai site, where you can send an inquiry... Go ahead and send a few, it might help get the ball rolling on a patch...

http://www.bandai.co...ort/contact.php

I asked them for a reply as to the status of TamaTown, so If they answer me, I will post it below.

( I wonder if www.tamatown.com even run by Bandai, or is it farmed out? Dunno... )

Tried that. I got an automated reply... but still no question! ARGH. If this keeps up, I may as well
get a v5.5, since that tamatown seems to work... I BLAME BANDAI FOR FORCING ME TO SPEND
MONEY!

shireikantchi

• shireikantchi user photo

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:36 AM ( #42 )

Update. Hello, I am the originator of this thread. Today makes 25 days www.tamatown.com has been down. There is not a single reply from Bandai, no replies to telephone calls or emails. No notice on their site of changes, etc. - It is very odd, as the Flash application loads (therefore using bandwidth from their servers), yet - usernames and passwords are not processed - so no one can log in. It's terribly irresponsible of Bandai - to not be so good as to even post any notification as to what the heck is going on: as well as being very confusing to new purchasers of the device.
  • joshnemo likes this

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:11 PM ( #43 )

Update. Hello, I am the originator of this thread. Today makes 25 days www.tamatown.com has been down. There is not a single reply from Bandai, no replies to telephone calls or emails. No notice on their site of changes, etc. - It is very odd, as the Flash application loads (therefore using bandwidth from their servers), yet - usernames and passwords are not processed - so no one can log in. It's terribly irresponsible of Bandai - to not be so good as to even post any notification as to what the heck is going on: as well as being very confusing to new purchasers of the device.

........ :angry:

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:17 AM ( #44 )

I praise you for your persistence with this issue. I hope Bandai respond soon!

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:37 AM ( #45 )

They don't know that there are people like me who want to join TamaTown but never get a chance because their darn site keeps going down

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:47 AM ( #46 )

They don't know that there are people like me who want to join TamaTown but never get a chance because their darn site keeps going down

They don't know that there are people like me who want to log on Tamatown with their Tama - Go but never get a chance because their site keeps going down.

Guard

• guard user photo

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:43 PM ( #47 )

It has been down for like... 4 or 5 months. Never been able to login!

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:33 PM ( #48 )

It has been down for like... 4 or 5 months. Never been able to login!

All users of this forum have been unable to access TamaTalk for only less than a month in comparison to four/five months. Perhaps there was a problem with your internet connection or browser?
  • Purimatchi! likes this

sonicfan253

• sonicfan253 user photo

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:41 PM ( #49 )

(Prepare for a long ranting reply)

Okay, this is getting out of hand. Why'd they just shut this down without any warning? And also, WHY ISN'T TAMA COLOR OR OTHER JAPAN PRODUCTS IN U.S. YET? (That's another discussion for later.) DID THEY JUST GIVE UP?!?

I got my Tama-go this morning! (You know already.) And tried to create an account on Tamatown. Failed. Tried again, Failed. I figured it was just me untill I saw this topic! I desperately need points for poor Cheeko!

Cheeko: I NEED THAT HOT DAWG NAO!

This is just...just...utterly STUPID! TWENTY SIX DAYS?!? WHY!!!

Rant is over.

Purimatchi!

• purimatchi user photo

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:39 PM ( #50 )

(Prepare for a long ranting reply)

Okay, this is getting out of hand. Why'd they just shut this down without any warning? And also, WHY ISN'T TAMA COLOR OR OTHER JAPAN PRODUCTS IN U.S. YET? (That's another discussion for later.) DID THEY JUST GIVE UP?!?

I got my Tama-go this morning! (You know already.) And tried to create an account on Tamatown. Failed. Tried again, Failed. I figured it was just me untill I saw this topic! I desperately need points for poor Cheeko!

Cheeko: I NEED THAT HOT DAWG NAO!

This is just...just...utterly STUPID! TWENTY SIX DAYS?!? WHY!!!

Rant is over.

OK they have shut it down before, without a warning. They haven't done a colored version in America Simply because TMGC hasn't really been ALL that Popular. Which is probably why they Shut TamaTown Down. I have a feeling it'll come back up though.

-Puri-

Annapatchi

• annapatchi user photo

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:37 AM ( #51 )

so i found my 3 music star tamas the other day and i think to my self oh i might put them on tama town WRONG! i need the get them intstruments hopefully the site will be up one day soon

PS i ferogt my old accounts for tamatalk so i created a new one :D

Edited by Annapatchi, 05 July 2012 - 06:39 AM.