TamaTown.com Down?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Guys. I am sorry to report - just tried again this morning (zip). Same behavior: Servers seem off-line (password does not match, response behavior). Been down over 18 hours now. Not very responsive, aye? Hmm,

Okay, I found this link on the Bandai site, where you can send an inquiry... Go ahead and send a few, it might help get the ball rolling on a patch...

https://www.bandai.co...ort/contact.php

I asked them for a reply as to the status of TamaTown, so If they answer me, I will post it below.

( I wonder if www.tamatown.com even run by Bandai, or is it farmed out? Dunno... )
Tried that. I got an automated reply... but still no question! ARGH. If this keeps up, I may as well

get a v5.5, since that tamatown seems to work... I BLAME BANDAI FOR FORCING ME TO SPEND

MONEY!

Update. Hello, I am the originator of this thread. Today makes 25 days www.tamatown.com has been down. There is not a single reply from Bandai, no replies to telephone calls or emails. No notice on their site of changes, etc. - It is very odd, as the Flash application loads (therefore using bandwidth from their servers), yet - usernames and passwords are not processed - so no one can log in. It's terribly irresponsible of Bandai - to not be so good as to even post any notification as to what the heck is going on: as well as being very confusing to new purchasers of the device.

Update. Hello, I am the originator of this thread. Today makes 25 days www.tamatown.com has been down. There is not a single reply from Bandai, no replies to telephone calls or emails. No notice on their site of changes, etc. - It is very odd, as the Flash application loads (therefore using bandwidth from their servers), yet - usernames and passwords are not processed - so no one can log in. It's terribly irresponsible of Bandai - to not be so good as to even post any notification as to what the heck is going on: as well as being very confusing to new purchasers of the device.
........ :angry:

I praise you for your persistence with this issue. I hope Bandai respond soon!

They don't know that there are people like me who want to join TamaTown but never get a chance because their darn site keeps going down

They don't know that there are people like me who want to join TamaTown but never get a chance because their darn site keeps going down
They don't know that there are people like me who want to log on Tamatown with their Tama - Go but never get a chance because their site keeps going down.

It has been down for like... 4 or 5 months. Never been able to login!

It has been down for like... 4 or 5 months. Never been able to login!
All users of this forum have been unable to access TamaTalk for only less than a month in comparison to four/five months. Perhaps there was a problem with your internet connection or browser?

(Prepare for a long ranting reply)

Okay, this is getting out of hand. Why'd they just shut this down without any warning? And also, WHY ISN'T TAMA COLOR OR OTHER JAPAN PRODUCTS IN U.S. YET? (That's another discussion for later.) DID THEY JUST GIVE UP?!?

I got my Tama-go this morning! (You know already.) And tried to create an account on Tamatown. Failed. Tried again, Failed. I figured it was just me untill I saw this topic! I desperately need points for poor Cheeko!

Cheeko: I NEED THAT HOT DAWG NAO!

This is just...just...utterly STUPID! TWENTY SIX DAYS?!? WHY!!!

Rant is over.

(Prepare for a long ranting reply)

Okay, this is getting out of hand. Why'd they just shut this down without any warning? And also, WHY ISN'T TAMA COLOR OR OTHER JAPAN PRODUCTS IN U.S. YET? (That's another discussion for later.) DID THEY JUST GIVE UP?!?

I got my Tama-go this morning! (You know already.) And tried to create an account on Tamatown. Failed. Tried again, Failed. I figured it was just me untill I saw this topic! I desperately need points for poor Cheeko!

Cheeko: I NEED THAT HOT DAWG NAO!

This is just...just...utterly STUPID! TWENTY SIX DAYS?!? WHY!!!

Rant is over.
OK they have shut it down before, without a warning. They haven't done a colored version in America Simply because TMGC hasn't really been ALL that Popular. Which is probably why they Shut TamaTown Down. I have a feeling it'll come back up though.

-Puri-

so i found my 3 music star tamas the other day and i think to my self oh i might put them on tama town WRONG! i need the get them intstruments hopefully the site will be up one day soon

PS i ferogt my old accounts for tamatalk so i created a new one :D

Last edited by a moderator:
39 days!?!?! this is crazy! and not the good fun kind. I fiiiiinally get a tama-go so i can use the rest of the tamatown site you cant use with music star and oh whats this? you cant sign in or sign up or anything!

e-mailed bandai, automated message says ill get a reply in 2-4 buisness days so lets see what happens... hopefully the site will finally return before that though.

my heart is breaking...

Hm... lets give them until September, and if it's not back up by then, it probably means they pretty much have given up on the site and let it deteriorate :C

Or we can spam them to death with e-mails and phone calls till they reply

Hmm, I'm wondering if TamaTown got maliciously hacked. Although, I'm not a serious computer expert, and why would someone do that? Still an option to consider. What if...

Anyone have more relevant suspicions?

You could be right about the hacking...but I have a bad feeling about this. I'm beginning to think that they are giving up on the site...

I doubt a hacker would bother with a tamagotchi site. they would have no reason too unless they secretly hated tamagotchi's or anything like that. But another thing, Tama-town died like a week before tama-l.i.f.e. was released. They might just be killing off tamagotchi the virtual hand held pet comepletely, including the site. along with shutting down the site so tamagotci lovers would look for help online, only to find that L.i.f.e. was being released soon so they could get the extra views and attention of tama lovers, in hopes of winning old tama fans over with their crappy sell-out line of cosmetics and clothes.

Sadly, about 80% of tama fans arent interested in their crap and just want their pets to live on!

Here is hoping they will smarten up and continue tamagotchi pets, along with return our site to us. I have, along with many many other people on just this one site alone has sent in a complaint/suggestion to fix/bring back the tama-town website. all with no responces, but with any luck they'll take things into consideration and open up the site for use again.

Hi Guys,

Just checking in. www.tamatown.com now down continuously since June 4th, 2012. No change in status or behavior of site. No information from Bandai America. Situation static and unchanged.

Regards,

S.

p.s. - I should also make note: that www.tamatown.com is not "down" in the usual sense. That is, going to the site, it will feed you the Flash powered application, which you must wait for loading, then you go about registering (if a new user) or signing in (if an existing user). If you are an existing user (the app will gray the screen lightly and then lock out any further interaction once username and password is entered. If a new user: you will be lead though the full information collection routine, until you get the final process button, then - just as the abov,e the application dims and your request for an account is not processed... Note: If you are a new user -- there is nothing wrong with what you entered (most likely). The Flash application itself is currently crippled and non-functioning, beyond the initial interactions which can still be performed.

The above behavior is a bit odd, for a site that has been abandoned or shut down by its owner, usually, one would meet a URL not found, or page missing, etc. Not be given the entire Flash app, which in itself, is a lot of data pushed from the server.

If TamaTown was being taken down then the website would be gone. The good thing is that we can still see the site :D , but it just won't let us in :angry: . Hopefully they are just updating it for Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. I am happy about Tamagotchi L.I.F.E because it shows Bandai hasn't forgoten Tamagotchi, even though they won't respond to anyone... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

HUge news! bandai just replied to my e-mail from last week. I'm on my phone though so I will post it later tonight. I will make a new topic for it though and link it here. its not good news its not bad news, its basicly no news. they are trying to blame it on our internet and internet traffic saying the site is fine. but that because of routine maintence we might not also be able to get on then. blah.. anywho ill post a screen shot of their reply later. take care everyone. maybe we can start loging on to tama town now?

Oh so now we all have bad internet, lol. Looks like a global problem then....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back