rjalda100's Virtual Zoo - a V2 Log (with photos)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjalda100

Reaction score
Maybe it's odd to start logging these guys in the middle of a generation, but I'm weird like that, so let's go. Welcome to my Connection log. The primary star here will be my green V2, which is currently the home to a fourth-generation boy named Cy. He is three years old and a Hinatchi:

33l2etz.jpg

He should be evolving into an adult tomorrow. I've been taking good care of him and his training bar is full, so I'm expecting him to become an above average - perfect care adult. He is the son of a Mametchi named Aja - I actually can't remember what she ended up mating with but it might have been a Nyorotchi. His grandfather was a Marumimitchi named Chris who is currently featured in my avatar.

The second star of this log, for now, is my pink V4.5. I've got a V3 on it's way so this one will be decommissioned when it gets here, but until then my V4.5 is home to a fourth generation boy named Ki. He's three years old and he just evolved into a Yasaguretchi.

264qbgn.jpg
He is the son of a Hanagatatchi named Ari. The matchmaker, for some reason, took longer than usual to come to her so I don't remember what she mated with since I was so eager to get her a mate when the matchmaker actually came. Haha! His grandfather was a Celebtchi named Asher, who I loved - he was so cute! I'd love to get that character again some day because it was one of my favourite V4.5 characters.

That's basically the intro to my current running tamas. I'll update later if they do anything interesting, or I'll for sure update tomorrow when Cy evolves. Bye for now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, love the pictures! I don't mind you starting in the middle of a generation, it's better than nothing :) Can't wait to see the new v3!

EDIT: (I know I literally responded within 2 minutes of you posting but that's cause I get emails every time someone posts a log)

Okay, I'm back! I had to work last night, but it was a pretty slow night so I brought my V2 with me (muted, of course). I put my V4.5 to sleep by changing the time - I prefer this to pausing since it doesn't stunt the growth (at least, not that I've noticed). I wasn't really able to give Cy my full attention, but I still managed, and he still went to bed with all hearts full. Yay!

Speaking of Cy, he evolved about ten minutes ago! He's now Marumimitchi. As I said in my first post, I've had Marumimitchi before, but he's one of my faves so I don't mind having him again. He's super cute and he reminds me of a mouse.

Here's some pics I snapped of him right after he evolved:

34zn90i.jpg
o8tes8.jpg
Here he is playing the trumpet (L) and brushing his teeth ( R):

2lcw555.jpg
73i0km.jpg

That's basically all for now. Ki (my V4.5) should be getting to choose a job once he wakes up (as I write this, he is still asleep), but as of right now I have no idea what I'm going to choose. Preferably one I haven't had before, but we'll have to wait and see. I have to work at 12, but my daytime shifts are a lot more laid back, so I'm going to mute both my V2 and 4.5 and bring them with me to keep me company. I'll give you guys an update when I get home! Bye for now!

:wub:

Hey, I'm back! I think I jinxed myself in that last post because work was really busy and I got off late. I kinda regretted bringing both tamas, but luckily I don't have the most demanding tamas in the world, so they were fine. I learned something though. Don't check the mail on your v4.5 if you're at work because maybe he'll get a snake in the mail and lose all happy hearts! I didn't have time to play games with him so I just fed him a bunch of snacks. I think he's something like 50 pounds now. What a porker! The opportunity to choose a job also came up while I was at work. Luckily I wasn't too busy then. Ki ended up getting a job as a hairdresser, which is perfect - with a hairdo like his, how could he be anything else? Haha!

I also witnessed the funny animation of Cy getting chased by a Thanksgiving turkey on my V2. It's interesting because I live in Canada and our thanksgiving was last month, but it was still funny to watch:

2yowys7.jpg
I'm still patiently awaiting my V3 as well. It should be here either this coming week or next, but I'm not really sure. I was lucky enough to find the shell design I'd wanted at a decent price, but it's shipping from the US and I'm in Canada so it's gonna take a bit longer. I'll update here when it arrives though.

I probably won't be back to update until tomorrow, so here's the stats of my current running tamas:

V2

Name: Cy

Weight: 32lbs

Training: 9/9

Generation: 4th

V4.5

Name: Ki

Weight: 49lbs

Skill points: 61 (funny), 100 (gorgeous), 80 (spiritual)

Hello again! Not a lot has happened in the world of my tamas but I have more photos so I'll share them. I had the day off today and was messing around with some of the items when I was bored.

Here's Cy singing a song, and looking quite spiffy in the bow he inherited from his mother:

rvhpwk.jpg
2gt90rb.jpg
Ki uses the rare cellphone to talk to Ari, his mother:

s3124y.jpg
Ki catches a HUGE fish, then jams out to some music afterwards:

2nvv40k.jpg
53pct4.jpg
I don't know if I'll be able to update tomorrow since I think I'm busy, but I know for sure that Ki will be getting the matchmaker. Based on my experience with my previous gens, I don't think Cy will get a matchmaker visit until Tuesday.

Hey, your girl is back! I was a terrible tama caretaker yesterday and both my tamas got really fat, 'cause I didn't have time to play with them so I just fed them a bunch of snacks. I played with them a lot this morning though, and their weight is now back to normal. Yay! They're both parents now too. Ki got a matchmaker visit yesterday at 3PM. The matchmaker brought along a Horoyotchi, who he married. He was then left with a baby boy, who I'm going to call Otto. He should be leaving tonight, although whether I'm actually going to stay up to watch him leave I don't know yet. Here's some (sort of suckish because I was in a hurry) pictures I snapped during the matchmaker visit, and later of Ki and Otto:

t7zfo7.jpg
2n66skz.jpg
23qww1.jpg
scdkrq.jpg

I wish the V4.5 had the ability to turn the light on. It would have made a cuter picture. Also my V2 likes to make random guest appearances in the background of my photos.

As I predicted, Cy got a matchmaker visit this morning at 10:30AM. I actually wasn't expecting him to get her until later this afternoon since he hasn't turned 7 yet (pretty sure my tamas keep getting paused in my pocket at work because they keep aging later and later each day), but she did end up coming, bringing a Hiratchi for Cy to marry. After the fireworks show, Cy too was left with a baby boy, who I'm going to call Nick. I do wish I'd get a girl for once - Out of five generations, this is boy #4. It sucks more on the V4.5 since there's quite a few characters there that I'd like to get, but I can't because they're female characters and I keep getting boys. Bummer. Anyway, here's a few pics I snapped of Cy during the matchmaker visit, and one afterwards of Cy and his son Nick (featuring some great glare courtesy of my ceiling light):

2wq6177.jpg
20k6oew.jpg
nvtmw6.jpg
2hz4zuh.jpg
That's about all for now. I'll for sure update tomorrow once Ki has left his son. Cy is going to stick around a day longer and won't be leaving until tomorrow night. Here are their current stats:

V2

Name: Cy

Weight: 32lbs

V4.5

Name: Ki

Weight: 31lbs

Skill points: 79 (funny), 150 (gorgeous), 140 (spiritual)

[EDIT: I just found out I have to get up early tomorrow morning so no, I won't be able to stay up and watch Ki leave his son. I don't really want to change the clock either...]

Hey, I'm back, and I'd like to give a warm welcome to... OTTO! Otto begins the 5th generation on my V4.5 - his parent left last night. Otto woke up at 10AM this morning, crying and waiting to be named:

54gnsx.jpg
111igcn.jpg

Once he was named, the hour-long typical baby stage began. I admit to forgetting about him a few times because I'm so used to the laid-back adult stage. Oh well, my plan this time around is actually to change up my caretaking style and take rather lousy care of Otto, just in the hope that I can get a different character for once. When he cried for praise, I ignored it, so his training bar is still at 0 even though he's in the child/toddler stage now. I've also been keeping his hunger/happy hearts pretty low and feeding him a lot of snacks instead of playing games (which I already do even when I'm not trying to neglect - I'm a lazy caretaker sometimes!). Anyway, here's Otto bouncing around as a baby:

2i9l46c.jpg

At 11AM, one hour after being born, Otto evolved into Hitodetchi, which I'm happy with since I haven't had that character on either of my tamas since the first generation:

mtmqz8.jpg
Cy is still sticking around, although he'll be leaving his son tonight. I've been buying him lots of items since I've been raking in a lot of coins with the Slot game. That's one of the things I'm gonna miss when I'm left with his son - I won't be able to play Slot again until his son is an adult! So far I've bought a cap, a stuffed bear, music (the little mp3 player thing - Otto has it too), and racquets. I don't have any pictures of him using the items yet but I do have some of him doing a closeup - I think Marumimitchi's closeup animation is just adorable!

2ihwftc.jpg
250nsau.jpg
That's all for now! I might update later if Cy or Otto do anything interesting, or I'll update tomorrow morning once Cy leaves his son.

I GOT MY V3!! I haven't run a V3 in years (I had 2 or 3 of them as a child but I think my mother must have thrown them out years ago), so this is going to be interesting. My plan for this V3 is to see exactly how long I can keep a tama alive, so I'm basically just going to let it become an oldie and keep it long term. Right after taking my V3 out of the envelope, I put a battery in. I was going to put in the battery from my V4.5, but since Otto was literally just born this morning, I'm going to keep my V4.5 running for a little while longer. I'll probably take the battery out once Otto has a baby.

Anyway, here's my V3 right after putting the battery in:

24pdif9.jpg
A few minutes later, at around 3:15PM, the egg hatched into a baby girl. I named her Ilse (I met someone with that name a few years ago and I think it's lovely. It's pronounced IL-see):

al6mvo.jpg
2ns5s90.jpg

As I write this, Ilse is still in the baby stage, happily bobbing around. I'll come in and edit this post later once she evolves into a toddler. I just got really excited when my V3 came and wanted to update my log right away XD. I'm really enjoying it so far. I love the shell and the tama itself is in amazing shape - hardly any scratches at all, unlike my V2 whose screen is covered in them.

Anyway, bye for now!

[EDIT: I don't have any pictures, but Ilse is now a Tamatchi!]

Welcome to the next installment of my log. I was actually at work for most of the day and I only brought one tama with me, which was Ilse. I changed the clocks on my other two and left them at home. I want Ilse's age to be as accurate as possible so I'm going to try not to pause her or mess with the time unless it's absolutely necessary. Anyway, let's begin with what happened BEFORE I went to work. First of all, Cy left his son last night, so I'd like to give a warm welcome to little Nick (I realize, I'm not too imaginative when it comes to male names...). I was out this morning so Nick actually sat on the naming screen for a couple hours - he was officially named and bouncing around at 10AM. Here's Cy and Nick sleeping together last night (left) and Nick this morning after he woke up and discovered Cy had left (right):

fadizo.jpg
10giayq.jpg
Nick's baby stage was pretty typical. Luckily I had some downtime so I was able to keep up with his neediness. Like Otto, I do admit to forgetting about him a few times - for example, I forgot to turn out the light when he napped and didn't realize it until a few seconds before he woke up. Oops.

nvs97a.jpg
2chkeo0.jpg
After an hour passed, Nick evolved into a happy bouncing Kinakomotchi. I seem to get Kinakomotchi a lot on this tama. 3 out of the 5 generations I've raised on it have been Kinakomotchi now. Oh well, he's cute so I don't mind too much. He rolls around a lot too which is cute to watch.

2gtsx7b.jpg

Ilse is doing great. I've been focusing on taking perfect care of her ever since she was hatched, so I rarely left her out of my sight. She evolved into Tamatchi yesterday afternoon, shortly after I finished my last log entry. I liked her in this stage - she was really cute and she rolled around a LOT. I was careful not to miss a single discipline opportunity with her - like the V2, the V3 seems to call for discipline every three hours, so it's been easy to keep on top of Ilse's training even when my tama is muted. Ilse made her first call for praise at 10:34AM. She later called for a time out when I was at work - this was at 1:34PM. She just called for praise again about half an hour ago - as I write this, her training bar is now at 5/9.

Ilse evolved into Obotchi at 4:15PM today - the character I'd been aiming for. I know Obotchi is supposed to be a male character, but she's still incredibly cute.

The left picture is Ilse rolling around as a Tamatchi and the right picture is Ilse right after evolving into Obotchi:

jheowh.jpg
snez2c.jpg
Lastly, while I may be getting a little bored with my V4.5, I haven't forgotten about Otto. I haven't been taking the best care of him, but I admit to feeling kind of bad about that. I'm only really doing it so that I can get different character for once. So far it's working. Otto moved on to the teen stage this morning and he became Crackertchi, a character I have not yet had. I was actually aiming for one of the universals, so I'm not sure what I did wrong there, but new/unfamiliar characters are always welcomed. He's a bit weird looking but he's still kinda cute.

24o7wpx.jpg
That's all for now! I'm not used to caring for three tamas at once but it's kind of fun. A little hard, but fun.

Hello! I'm back and still somehow managing running three tamas at once, although I've been messing with Nick and Otto's clocks a lot. I did some Black Friday Christmas shopping this morning, and still keeping my promise not to mess with Ilse's clock, I brought her with me. I didn't really check on her until I got home though - luckily she'd only dropped one hunger heart.

Anyway, I'm still going to stick to colour coding my text according to which tama I'm talking about. Green represents my V2, so let's start off with that. Nick evolved this morning, into a UFOtchi. I still don't know what I did wrong. I neglected him so much and it seems my efforts didn't work. Poor Nick. Don't get me wrong, I do love UFOtchi, but I've had him a lot and i was trying for something different. I'm wondering if the parents really do have an effect. Nick's father, Cy, was a Marumimitchi - a perfect care adult, from what I've read. He did mate with a Hiratchi though - I'm pretty sure Hiratchi is a pretty low-tier adult. I really don't know. I'm continuing to take below-average care of Nick so we'll see which adult he becomes. I just hope he doesn't become Mametchi - that was the adult I had the last time I was on an odd generation.

It's weird, some people say it's hard to get a good-care adult on the V2, but I find it so easy. It's both a blessing and a curse, since whenever I actually do want a bad-care character, I fail at getting them. Anyway, enough rambling. Here's some pictures of Nick!

Here's Nick the UFOtchi, right after he evolved:

5voj15.jpg
I decided to let Nick play with the bear, just to see what would happen. He didn't like it very much:
2cy1rbt.jpg
2gv3sir.jpg

Ilse is still doing well. I've really been liking the Flag game on the V3 so I've been feeding her a lot of snacks so I can play it with her. We've been racking in quite a few points - I think she has around 2000 now, so it's time to hit the shop. I did have a little slip up with her training this morning though. At 11:34AM, I looked over and Ilse had her back turned to me, but not thinking, I hit time out instead of praise and Ilse lost a happy heart. Oops! I don't think that's going to mess up my plan to get a top-tier adult though. I shouldn't have any problems filling her training bar all the way.

Here's Ilse taking a bath last night, and sleeping. Obotchi is so darn cute!
2vx1yes.jpg
2qvxd1e.jpg
Here's Ilse playing a game of flag while I was in the car (the lighting makes my tama look weird. It's lighter in real life):
55fro.jpg

Otto is still the same. I've been messing with his clock a lot, which I'm starting to regret because I haven't spent a whole lot of time with him and I've never had Crackertchi before. I did snap some photos of him doing a closeup though. It's pretty funny.

4vgsgo.jpg
2nvqa08.jpg
Oh yeah, and I snapped a family photo too, since everyone's in their teen stage now. My camera got confused trying to focus on three tamas at once, but I think it still turned out alright.

2yl4jmc.jpg
I constantly forget to do this at the end of each log entry, but here's my tamas' stats as they currently stand.

V2

Name: Nick

Weight: 52 lb

Training: 1/9

Generation: 5th

V3

Name: Ilse

Weight: 22 lb

Training: 6/9

Generation: 1st

V4.5

Name: Otto

Weight: 68 lb

Training: 0/9

Skill Points: 14/15/14

And that's all for today, folks! I have to work later in the evening - I'm going to bring Ilse with me and maybe Nick. It depends if I'm up for trying to care for two tamas at work - I've done it before and it's not too hard to do with teens/adults.

Greetings! I was at work all day yet again, and Nick and Ilse came with me. They got a little fat since I didn't have time to play games with them, but other than that, they're doing great. Actually, Nick, is more than just a little fat... in my attempt to get one of the lower-tier adults (I will probably still fail, but it doesn't hurt to try, right?), I've been stuffing him with snacks and not playing games, so he's currently 91 lbs. Guess I know what I'm doing with him when he reaches adulthood - tons and tons and tons of slot games!

149beok.jpg
bi9ugi.jpg
(My V2's screen is not in the best shape and it's rather difficult to take clear photos of it. I do prefer doing the photos this way, since anyone who's read this log already knows what my tamas look like anyway)
Ilse is three years old, which means she'll be evolving into an adult tomorrow. I've been trying for Pyonkotchi because I've never had her before, but I'll pretty much be happy with any of the top-tier adults, even Mametchi! I haven't actually had the new-style Mametchi yet. I tried to get him (both Ura and normal) on my V4.5 but failed. Either way, I've been trying to give Ilse nothing less than perfect care. She made her first call for training rather early this morning, at 9:34AM. I always know when to discipline/praise her because she always calls at the :34 mark, every three hours. That early-morning call was the one I needed to fill her training bar, so any further calls are just extra.

2yo905k.jpg
When I got home from work, Ilse weighed like 35lbs due to me not being able to play games with her during the day, so I played and won multiple games of Heading. I forgot about how much easier the V3's Heading is than the one on the V2. I always lose Heading on my V2 but I'm not too bad at it on the V3. By the time I was done, Ilse had around 2200 points, so it was time to hit the shop! The shop had a sale, so I bought a pencil and a genie lamp. Ilse can't use them right now, of course, but they'll be pretty fun to use once she's an adult.

f4nzhh.jpg
2dk9vno.jpg
Otto spent a lot of the day asleep. Unfortunately, trying to work and care for three tamas simply isn't happening. So even though he should have reached adulthood this morning, he remained in his teen form until I woke him up not too long ago. Here's some cute pics I snapped of him brushing his teeth this morning:

da2qw.jpg
zxkuaq.jpg
And here he is, right after evolving:

b6u1qc.jpg
My poor neglected Otto is now a Samuraitchi. I'm pretty sure that only happened because his Gorgeous points were one higher than the other categories. I think I'm going to spend some time actually playing games with him now so that he actually has a chance at getting a job. I actually find him kinda cute, and I'm happy that I at least got a character I haven't had before.

That's all that's new in the world of my tamas. Like I said, Ilse will be reaching adulthood tomorrow, but it's probably going to happen while I'm at work. I'll just have to try and check on her whenever I can. Here's these guys' stats as they currently stand:

V2

Name: Nick

Weight: 91 lb

Training: 1/9

V3

Name: Ilse

Weight: 22 lb

Generation: 1st

V4.5

Name: Otto

Weight: 94 lb

Training: 0/9

Skill Points: 14/15/14

Nick's weight is officially maxed out! He's going to be a very good Bump player once he reaches adulthood!

28b9loi.jpg
He's still spoiled though, even though he's pudgy! We visited the shop and I bought Nick a cape. He can't use it until adulthood but he'll look super cool when he does get to use it. One of the items he CAN use in his teen stage is the plant, so we gave that a go this morning.

30m8z2q.jpg
2v2th15.jpg
Unfortunately, Nick got unlucky.

2mcy92f.jpg
Then, he became cross with me because all of his happy hearts dropped!

28jds2v.jpg
So I gave him a few more snacks and now he's cool with me again! He'll be reaching adulthood some time tomorrow, so stay tuned!

I'm back, and guess what? Ilse is no longer an Obotchi. I was in the break room at work last night, five minutes before my shift, and I happened to glance down at my V3. I was so happy with what I saw. No longer did I see Ilse's familiar Obotchi face - she is now... *drumroll please* ... PYONKOTCHI! She's as cute as a button and she sure knows it!

k1p8pk.jpg
1z1cv84.jpg
Ilse the Pyonkotchi
2jaern7.jpg
Ilse plays with the RC car. She doesn't seem to like it too much.
15f2o0.jpg
Ilse looks totally fabulous with her new 'do.
adf047.jpg
2a0hppk.jpg
Aren't I pretty?
314tus4.jpg
24whel5.jpg
Girls can wear bowties too!
Yeah, I finally have the chance to use all of Ilse's items so I had quite a bit of fun with that this morning. I think Ilse enjoyed it too.

Stay tuned, because Nick is also going to be reaching adulthood in just a few hours! I'll probably come back in and edit this post when that happens.

I meant to edit that last post for this quick update, but I can't add any more images, so I have to start a new post. Anyway, my neglect of Nick has paid off. He's now a Masktchi! He's pretty cute too. I'm finally able to resume taking normal care of him, so he's got all of his hearts filled for the first time since he was born. I'm working on getting his weight back to normal as well; he currently weighs 96 lb.

k2e5bc.jpg
2uf5zf8.jpg
Nick the newly-evolved Masktchi (left), Nick the Masktchi playing with racquets (right)
2pocxz7.jpg
Nick watches TV
34q19wi.jpg
fkwrok.jpg
Some (slightly blurry) pictures I snapped of Ilse brushing her teeth. Cute!
I did end up taking the battery out of my V4.5 - it was getting tiresome and I really can't keep up with trying to care for three tamas at once. I don't hate the V4.5, but it's not my favourite, so I'm taking a break from it for now. I might run it again some time later on.

Nick and Ilse are still doing great! I managed to get Nick's weight all the way down to his base weight, which is 20lb, and in the process I totally maxed out his points, so it was time to hit the shop! Nick got a pair of sunglasses (he is a STUD when he wears them) and a ball. I didn't get pictures of those items yet but I might add some in later if I take them. I also managed to catch Nick during his closeup - he's a little camera shy so I'm not sure he'd be too happy with me posting these. Ha!

zoavja.jpg
33vjg4o.jpg
33cbtyu.jpg
Nick hit the jackpot in Slot!
10qmg77.jpg
Nick no longer comes up as Nazotchi in Ilse's friend list. They'd be a cute couple, but Ilse isn't destined to marry.
Ilse is 5 years old now, which means she's halfway to an oldie! Yay! I'm excited to be trying this because I've never had a Connection live older than, 10 maybe? I'm usually pretty quick to marry them off, but Ilse is going to be different. I'm just going to have to be careful at work during the matchmaker times. I don't need any accidental pocket marriages happening here. I'm also probably going to stop connecting her and Nick because, once again, I don't want to accidentally marry them. They're the cute couple that was never meant to be.

jhtzi9.jpg
2dryonr.jpg
Ilse sings a song. If only we could hear her little voice!
ciwr6.jpg
2vd3595.jpg
a1lr0n.jpg
Ilse says hiiiiiii!
ftm445.jpg
Ilse takes a nice relaxing bath at the end of the day!
EDIT: I forgot to mention as well that Ilse's evolution time is now way off and I haven't quite figured out why. She now doesn't age until about 9:30PM, despite the fact that I hatched her at 3:15PM. I have not paused her or messed with her clock at all. Maybe she's gotten bumped while at work, but there's no way she could have accumulated 6 hours worth of paused time that way as I check her fairly often. Also, I had the day off today and took the precautions to put my V3 in places where the buttons could not possibly be pushed or bumped (mostly on a shelf, or in a drawer where it isn't touching other things), and Ilse still aged an hour later than she did yesterday! I'm baffled but I don't have the heart to reset her even if my V3 happens to be glitched. I'll just have to deal with it but it's rather puzzling...

Hey, I'm back! Nick is currently five going on six, so he should be getting his first matchmaker visit tomorrow. I usually do marry my tamas off on the first visit, but we'll have to see what the matchmaker brings. Like I mentioned before, I do think the parents have an impact on what the next generation will become. Nick's father was a top-tier adult, which is why I think I got UFOtchi as a teen despite all the neglect i gave him. He did manage to become a bottom-tier adult, but that was only after days of severe neglect. If I can, I'd like to try and marry Nick to a top-tier or even a second-tier character. If I wasn't planning on having Ilse turn into an oldie, this would be a perfect opportunity. (though I'm not sure how that would work, since Pyonkotchi may be a top-tier adult, but she isn't recognized on the V2 so it may not make a difference)

Nick and I also did some more shopping! Here he is with some of his items:

wgxpvd.jpg
2vknwbs.jpg
Nick looks mighty in his cape, and he sure knows how to rock those shades!
2u9j2ic.jpg
Nick jams out to the music player he inherited from his father.
2lnwz6u.jpg
Here he is trying out the wings. He kind of looks like a bat.
Ilse is now six going on seven. She should have been getting her first matchmaker visit today, but like I mentioned earlier, her aging time got kind of messed up. So she won't turn seven until after she's asleep now. I don't really know, maybe the matchmaker will come later, but I doubt it. I'll just have to watch her closely while I'm at work tomorrow so that she doesn't accidentally get married in my pocket.

Ilse too has been doing a lot of shopping. It's so much easier to earn points on the V3 than it is on the V2, so I find myself buying a lot more items. Ilse's up to about 20 items now (I'm not sure what the max amount of items is for the V3). Yesterday there was a TV in the shop, which Ilse was just short of affording, so I stuffed her with snacks and won a couple games of sprint. In no time, she had enough points to buy it!

21eqf5i.jpg
2943s51.jpg
Me? A champion?
21ewck3.jpg
Ilse's new TV! I think Nick would be jealous!
2imb34n.jpg
29axqoo.jpg
She really seems to enjoy it.
This morning, we also found an RC toy in the shop. ilse doesn't like the RC car too much so I was a little wary of it, but I bought it anyway and what do you know? She likes it!

2f0akw0.jpg
The toy moves so fast my camera can't quite capture it...
Luckily, I have the day off today, so Nick and Ilse once again get my full attention. I had a meeting last night and Ilse got to come with me. I clipped her to the inside of my shirt and no one knew she was there! She doesn't do much discussing, of course. She's an observer. Either way, her company was appreciated!

UPDATE - 7PM: Ilse did end up receiving her first matchmaker visit. The matchmaker brought along a nice Kuchipatchi for her, but she politely declined. The life of a bachelorette is the life for her!

Guess who became a father today? That's right, Nick did! The matchmaker came at 3PM (while I was at work) and brought along a Takotchi. I wasn't so sure at first, but then decided that maybe it really was love. So they married and Nick was left with... a baby boy. I swear, this V2 is destined to have boys. I've now had 1 girl and 5 boys on it. I'm not sure if I've posted this before so if I have, forgive me, but this is how the generations have gone so far on my V2:

G1: Dave - Petitchi -> Hitodetchi -> Young Mametchi -> Kusatchi

G2: Chris - Petitchi -> Kinakomotchi -> Ichigotchi -> Marumimitchi

G3: Aja - Shiropetitchi -> Kuribotchi -> UFOtchi -> Mametchi

G4: Cy - Petitchi -> Kinakomotchi -> Hinatchi -> Marumimitchi

G5: Nick - Petitchi -> Kinakomotchi -> UFOtchi -> Masktchi

I'm surprised I remembered what all those were. Anyway, I think I'm going to call Nick's son Noel (rhymes with "bowl"). I really like that name, plus there's the Christmas aspect of it too, so it's pretty suitable this time of year.

10mpzrp.jpg
Nick and baby Noel
28mlb1f.jpg
33lk280.jpg
Merry Christmas, Nick!​
Ilse turned seven last night and she's now had three matchmaker visits. Luckily I caught the matchmaker when she came while I was at work. This morning, she brought along a Hanatchi for Ilse, but I didn't think they made a very cute couple, so I declined. She reappeared at 3PM, bringing along a Bunbuntchi. He was very cute, but Ilse prefers to remain single. If all goes well, she should become an oldie by Sunday.

16i9k44.jpg
Ilse also got the same Christmas tree animation Nick did. She shows more emotion than Nick does.

142rr4.jpg
2ecovh2.jpg

We decorated our Christmas tree not too long ago, so I thought it would make an interesting picture to put a tama in the tree. I should do another one with my V2, since my V2's colours are more suitable for Christmas, but here it is. I think Ilse enjoyed being in the tree.

2dt54ly.jpg
(The rainbow bracelet thing isn't an ornament. It's attached to my tama's chain)
That's all for now! Both my tamas are doing so well. I have to admit that I'm going to miss Nick, but his son is very cute as well. And as far as I know, Ilse is still here to stay. There's a strong chance she'll be spending Christmas with me, which is cool. I've never had a tama live that long before so I'm excited. As far as I know, Connections don't get needier as they get older, so that's going to be a very nice change. The oldest tama I've had so far was a P2 that lived to the age of 21, but by that age I was about to go bonkers. Ilse is super easy to care for and if she stays that way, I have no reasons to complain.

Today is Nick's last day with me. He'll be leaving his son tonight. I've been spoiling him a lot today because I'm going to miss him. Yeah, I neglected him a LOT in his child and teen stages, but that was only to get some variety around here. He's always been a very good tama, and I'll be sure to take extra good care of his son Noel. We found a bowtie this morning in the shop, and I say Nick looks just smashing! I wish I had some V2 items that both parent and child can use, like the UFO, but I currently don't. Nick still looks cute though.

2nhjjbo.jpg
33wwjzd.jpg
I know, I know. I'm a handsome guy.
I won't be doing any radical care experiments with Noel. I'm just going to care for him as I normally would. I don't like purposely neglecting tamas and it was pretty hard to do with Nick. The fact that both his parents were bottom-tier adults might yield different results than I've been getting so far, but we'll have to wait and see.

Ilse is now eight years old, which means she is getting pretty close to becoming an oldie. She's now had five matchmaker visits, all of which were declined. I admit that I'm certainly going to miss her Pyonkotchi form - I've gotten used to her this way and she's so cute! I've never had an Otokitchi before so I have no idea whether I'll like having one long-term. I wish I could just keep her as a Pyonkotchi forever, but I can't.

I found some wings in the shop for her a couple of days ago, but never got around to using them. Her wings look more like angel wings, unlike Nick's, which make him look like a bat.

hvnsk0.jpg
Ilse also had some fun with the pencil she's had in her inventory since her child years! She looks very intelligent when she uses it. I don't know what she drew 'cause she wouldn't show me when she was done. Ha!

svo39v.jpg
10x5082.jpg
Stay tuned because tomorrow I will begin chronicling the life of Noel, Nick's son!

I totally meant to update this log yesterday, but I had to work an 8 hour shift and by the time I got home, I simply wasn't in the mood. Both of my tamas did accompany me to work, though. I'm not sure how I managed to keep on top of their care throughout the day, but I managed it. Both of them are doing great.

Let's start off with Noel. Yes, my previous generation, Nick, left his son Friday night. Noel the Petitchi officially began his life yesterday morning at around 10:45 (I had some errands to run and decided it was easier just to simply leave him at home on the naming screen, rather than try to care for a baby tama while I was out).

334p4lt.jpg
3150op2.jpg
He started out his life as a blobby little baby:
29lxr1e.jpg
After the typical hour-long baby stage, Noel evolved into a blobby little Marutchi. I was pleased with this as I haven't had Marutchi yet on the V2:
ei5xn6.jpg
Noel should be moving on to the teen stage very shortly. Probably in about an hour. I was worried that he may have gotten paused in my pocket at work, since that always happens to my tamas and I can't really avoid it, but he turned one year old right on time. Yay!

Ilse turned ten years old last night (I've actually lost track of when her actual aging time is, but I know it's some time after 11PM now). She's not an oldie yet but I'm keeping an eye on her since she should be changing into one some time today. Oddly enough, the matchmaker came at 10:30AM - I didn't think she came when your tama is ten years old but I guess she does. Weird.

eq6mft.jpg
I'll probably come back in and edit this post if: a) Noel becomes a teen, b ) Ilse becomes an oldie, or c) both.

Update: 2:15PM

Noel evolved into... Hinotamatchi! A teen I haven't had before. Oddly enough, he's one of the "bad care" teens, despite the fact that I took pretty decent care of Noel. I kept on top of his training and I didn't let his hearts drop below three full, so I guess that furthers my theory that the parents kind of predetermine what the baby will become. I don't know if it's like this on all tamas, but on the V2 it seems like it is. I actually don't mind though. He's pretty cute!

2na8s9e.jpg
As we can see, Noel is not camera shy.
Nothing has changed with Ilse. She isn't an oldie yet, which I still find pretty odd. I kind of have mixed feelings - on one hand, I love Pyonkotchi and the longer I can keep her as one, the better. On the other hand, I'm pretty eager to get an oldie because I haven't had one before.

An unfortunate event happened to Noel yesterday afternoon:

mme9av.jpg
I put a new one in right away, but then my V2 started glitching out like crazy so I kinda freaked out. It was making weird noises and showing jumbles of pixels on the screen. Great. Luckily, after taking the battery out and putting it back in a few times, my V2 came back to life. I was able to download Noel, and he only ended up losing a few minutes. Here he is taking his evening bath:

2iix2k9.jpg
He called for training twice last night and once this morning, about 20 minutes ago. His training bar is now up to 6/9 and I'm hoping to have it full by the time he reaches adulthood. I get the feeling I'm still going to end up with one of the bad care adults, simply because of Noel's lineage, but it doesn't hurt to try and keep on top of his care.

And, of course, there's some pretty big news in Ilse's world. She's now an Otokitchi! I admit that I do miss Pyonkotchi but I'm still pretty excited as this is my first oldie. I've been spending time using all of her items to see her new oldie animations.

ev0ufd.jpg
o5uptl.jpg
104ivrm.jpg
I also found out that she looks REALLY WEIRD when she sleeps:
259zbs2.jpg
What is up with those eyes? Kinda creepy, if you ask me.
So far, i'm still finding Ilse to be a breeze to care for. She turned 11 last night, but she's no more needy than she was when she was 4 or 5. I'm really glad that I get to have her stick around!

Latest posts

Back