Photo
- - - - -

HELP SAVE NEOPETS FROM A REALLY BAD FATE!!!!!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

flint26

• flint26 user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:52 PM ( #35 )

You people, it said: ''Apparently not, because late this afternoon, McDonalds Corporation told Today Tonight it was taking the issue seriously and shutting down the gambling components of the website.''
The gambling PARTS, not the site... It said the GAMBLING COMPONENTS! It's the PARTS. Does that help?

flint26

• flint26 user photo

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:59 PM ( #36 )

And I hope all you know that you were signing a petition for.....well, for online fake gambling....

MAGIC_KID930

• magic-kid930 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:44 AM ( #37 )

I would like someone to show me where it says that neopets is going to be shut down because it doesnt say that at ALL. This is just a panic producing board. Anyway, neopets was originally made for college students and when you signed up you had to use the number for you college to activate your account. Now it has been over run by little kids and accounts get frozen for the slightest thing. Before, freezing an account only happened when something REALLY bad went down and now if you say you want a certain pet to adopt from the pound, you get frozen. That is crap. It should be an adult site once more!

who told you all that? i think neopets.com is a really good site. here is the website for all those that haven't been on it:

www.neopets.com

then click on login and go through the steps and then you can see what neopets is REALLY like. i would like to sing but i'm, not allowed

MAGIC_KID930

• magic-kid930 user photo

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:46 AM ( #38 )

PEOPLE!!! It doesn't say ANYWHERE on that page OR on neopets that they are going to shut down!!! Sheesh!!

prehaps you could "copy and paste" all that down. then we could all reads it without being confused!

tamagotchi_freak_girl

• tamagotchi-freak-girl user photo

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:24 AM ( #39 )

Yeah I agree, it didn't say that Neopets was going to shut down. But, still, it would be kind of bad to shut down the gambling parts. I use them a lot and I think they are so cool! But gambling on a website to get neopoints is not going to tempt people to do it in real life. I mean, on Neopets, it is just for fun. You can play gambling-like games to get NP which you use to buy food, toys, and similar things for your neopets. I mean, people aren't going to be like, "ooohhh I gambling on neopets and I win some NP and some rare items!!!! I'm going to try gambling in real life!!!!" People don't think like that. People aren't that stupid. Well, hopefully they are not anyway.

sphinx_cats_rule99646

• sphinx-cats-rule99646 user photo

Posted 21 July 2005 - 03:50 PM ( #40 )

I like neopets sure some people may not like it but I still do. I'd hate to see it go :(

yeah.me too.

kk2334

• kk2334 user photo

Posted 24 July 2005 - 12:34 PM ( #41 )

we have to save um!!!!!!

Ristar

• ristar user photo

Posted 24 July 2005 - 03:24 PM ( #42 )

OWNED

I'm glad. Neopets is a lame Pokémon ripoff that not only teaches kids gambling, but turns them into addicts. I think it should go down, that way kids can get off their butts and do something else.

newbiekidlex

• newbiekidlex user photo

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:02 PM ( #43 )

OWNED

I'm glad. Neopets is a lame Pokémon ripoff that not only teaches kids gambling, but turns them into addicts. I think it should go down, that way kids can get off their butts and do something else.

Agreed all the way! All my brother has been talking about 24/7 for the past year is neopets, neopets, NEOPETS! I'm getting ready to tear my hair otu! He even uses neopets as a reference to MATH problems!

I hope to see that site shut down in the future, no offense to addicts. I used to like it, but now, I see no hope in neopets future. I suggest going to psypets.net instead :furawatchi:

And they said they'd shut down the gambling games, like Bilge Dice and Blackjack. Not neopets. Darn it! :furawatchi:

636tamagotchi636

• 636tamagotchi636 user photo

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:47 PM ( #44 )

neopets rules!!!!

636tamagotchi636

Posted 24 July 2005 - 07:50 PM ( #45 )

shut up...

~vi :unsure:

u shut up

*Karly*

• karly user photo

Posted 24 July 2005 - 08:12 PM ( #46 )

Shut down neopets? That's impossible! I LOVE NEOPETS! Why are they going to shut it down?

newbiekidlex

• newbiekidlex user photo

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:41 PM ( #47 )

u shut up

That person was talking to her brother :D

636tamagotchi636

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:55 PM ( #48 )

*rolls eyes*

Black_Buster

• black-buster user photo

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:41 PM ( #49 )

Shut down neopets? That's impossible! I LOVE NEOPETS! Why are they going to shut it down?

they're shutting down neopets cause some people think the gambiling games are'nt right 4 some neopets players
in other words.....
they might be shutting neo down cause of some of the blackjack and poker games...
i don't find that the reason to shut down neo

Ristar

• ristar user photo

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:42 PM ( #50 )

Real reasons for shutting down neopets would be:

1: Too addicting, some people have an unhealthy addiction to it.
2: Gambling -Imagine little kids going to real gambling site because they associate Blackjack or poker with neopets.
3: All pets that aren't Shoyru -They're useless :huh:
4: Missions -You all know how neopets gives you missions, sometimes from bad guys. Well, little kids might think it's all right to do favors for bad people.
5: Haggling -Kids'll start bothering real shopkeepers.

Oniontchi

• oniontchi user photo
  • Group: Banned

Posted 27 July 2005 - 08:40 PM ( #51 )

PEOPLE!!! It doesn't say ANYWHERE on that page OR on neopets that they are going to shut down!!! Sheesh!!

I dont care if they shut down at all! I HATE neopets.