Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:46 AM
Many impostors and fakes have zigzag around the screen, lower than the outer shell.
tamagotchis with four or more buttons are fake!
Tamagotchis that dont have that zigzag thing around the screen is fake!
I have bought two fakagotchi's with this feature. It sucks! I'm pretty sure NO OTHER virtual pets can be funnier than Tamagotchi. The one i bought was a heartshaped thing, "Cyber Baby" ( I've seen many virtual pets with this name). it was pretty large, with giant and incomprehensible pixels. There were only two characters, and all they ever did was poop and eat. They moved from side to side, but didn't evolve. And the IR-connection really didn't make sense. I couldn't even see a toy brand anywhere.
I hated it, and i think that's why i sent it to a toy liquidator. maybe the materials can be used for something better.
Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:33 PM
Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:32 AM
Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:44 PM
Umm.. there's a difference in a fake and a knock-off. This is a knock-off! It says Microchimp on it.. not Tamagotchi!! A FAKE is a virtual pet made to look just like a tamagotchi but NOT made by Bandai. There have been fakes with misspelled words on them that otherwise looked just like Tamagotchis.. Like spelled Tomagotchi or Tamogothchi and one where Bandai was spelled Banday. Those are where people want to actually trick you into thinking you have a REAL Bandai Tamagotchi. The other things you see are knock-offs and are only meant to be cheap alternatives to real tamagotchis.
a real fake look
Posted 01 March 2007 - 05:16 PM
lol you are so right! 100% i got 2 v4s in wal mart so yes they are out!!!!
best way to buy tama's
GO TO A SHOP
Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:59 AM
Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:39 PM
Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:54 PM
In the U.S. Version 4 was released not too long ago.
In Japan they are supposedly on Version 8. Unfortunately I am finding conflicting information on this. BUT if they are on Version 8: the Version 4 in the U.S. and Version 8 in Japan are basically the same, just some cultural differences mostly. (Like different foods to eat, etc.)
If anyone can prove which version Japan is on, that would be greatly appreciated. (Such as an official link - not a personal webpage)
The "Microchimp" picture in an earlier post is not a fake of Tamagotchi, it's a Gigapet.
It's manufactured by Tiger.
The Tamagotchi Connection: U.S. Version
Tamagotchi Connexion: European Version
Tamagotchi Plus: Japanese Version
Versions 1-4 have the infrared ability to connect to each other. (Version 1 was manufactured in 2004)
The Original Tamagotchi does not have the infrared connector. (Manufactured in the 1990s)
Where to buy Tamagotchis:
Version 3 and 4 are available on Amazon.com with very good prices.
If you buy two Version 4s you get free shipping. (Over 25 dollar purchase qualifies you for free shipping)
Some shell case colors are more expensive then others.
Version 1 and Version 2 are not available in stores such was Wal*Mart, etc.
These can be found on sites such as Ebay and at garage sales, friends, second hand stores/thrift shops.
How to protect yourself on Ebay:
1) Do not buy Version 3 or Version 4 on Ebay. They are available brand new on Amazon.com for a MUCH cheaper price, they are an absolutely trusted seller, and the shipping is free if you spend over $25. I've seen some Version 4s on Ebay go for over $50 dollars... that is ridiculous. Do not pay more then 20 dollars for a Version 4. I paid $14.99 each for the two Version 4s I bought off Amazon.com
2) Check seller's feedback
3) Look at pictures very carefully.
4) Do not even bother to read the rest of the auction if there is no picture.
5) Do not even bother to read the rest of the auction if there is a stock picture.
(A stock picture is a picture that anyone can use and is not a picture of the actual item the seller is selling.)
6) Be wary of power sellers.
7) I am not sure of the prices on Original Tamagotchis, Version 1s, or Version 2s. They're not really worth getting because there are less features for a more expensive price (due to rarity). The only reason to get one is really nostalgia... or you're addicted. =3
8) Spend some time going through auctions. It should take a few days, pick a few auctions you are interested in that end soon, and see what price they go for.
9) Read the description carefully. Duh.
10) These are the available cases for Version 4: http://www.tamagotch...ts/catalog1.php
(From the Official Tamagotchi Website.)
Examples of Authentic Version 3:
Example of Authentic Version 2:
Example of Authentic Version 1:
(A little blurry, but best I could find at the moment)
And a very good and a must read explanation of all the Tamagotchi releases:
PICTURES OF FAKES
Above were all found on Ebay on April 17, 2007.
Note: All prices and denominations are in U.S. dollars
Edited by puyro, 17 April 2007 - 01:57 PM.
Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:24 PM
Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:01 AM
Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:09 PM
Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:41 AM
a.The plastic used in this toy would break right away when dropped
b.The pets are not like, memetchi, mametchi and more but rubber duckies and dragons!
c.The Bandai logo is immitated in this toy and the name placed instead of BANDAI was DIGIGAME
d.This toy has diffrent designs unrelated to tamagotchi
e.You cannot change the time
f.Made in China was placed in the back of the toy, same with the tamagotchi, but actualy it was made in Maguindanao
g.Plastic of IMAGOTCHI is transparen unlike the tamagotchi
Be careful, it may scatter in USA or other countries, so when you see this IMAGOTCHI, its not the cousin of tamagotchi, it is FAKE
Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:47 AM
Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:08 PM
Edited by chrispilot2293, 01 July 2007 - 06:09 PM.