ⓅⓇⓄⒿⒺⒸⓉ: ѺDYSSEY

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swan_Song

Reaction score
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

"Sing to me of the man, Muse, the man of twists and turns driven time and again off course, once he had plundered the hallowed heights of Troy..."

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

In the year 3000 AD, there had been a miracle created. A miracle which could lead to the utter destruction of our world-- or possibly to its salvation. Science, my friends, became a power strong enough to compete with the gods-- and what a day it was.

Yes, life had been created from nothingness, and with it, power-- in fact, it was multiplied eightfold! Yes, eight beings were created, made to ensnare, corrupt, and destroy. They were numbered 1 through 8, their special markings in between their shoulder blades, to conceal their identities from those who would flee them. Other than that, they looked like us, in a similar fashion to the gods of old.

They were all equal in power, but very different. There was the minotaur, blessed with the powers over earth, powerful and commanding. There was the siren, gifted with the air, swift and graceful like a bird. There was the Cerberus, cunning and devious, gifted with the powers of darkness and shadow. The wise sphinx, who only appeared but once in a grecian tale, held the power of light. Fire was given to the Nemean lion, ferocious and wild. The power of water was commanded by the Hydra, elusive and persistent. The centaur, dignified and strong, held the power of the plants and the trees. The project modeled after Medusa, the fallen priestess, had the power over spirits.

These eight, with their gifts and strengths, could terrify as easily as they could lure.

But they also had minds, they also had hearts. And, surprisingly, they also could feel. Perhaps that was a fault the scientists didn't want, but they had spent too much time producing these soldiers to even consider killing them. And so, they were trained in combat, brainwashed into serving just one government.

Some however, fled the corruption, trying to make new, human lives for themselves. They were hunted down, day after day, suffering in silence. And the trackers were grieved, but they had to destroy their own kin.

☼ O muses, let us unwind this tale, follow their errors and victories, their lives and deaths. ☽

SETTING: Capital City, United World Republic. YEAR: 3000 AD

rainycity.jpg

COMBAT SUITS: These suits are the first articles of clothing given to the eight. Instead of the lines glowing white, they will glow in the respective colors of the user. Minotaur will have a rusty color glow, siren a teal glow, cerberus a gray glow, sphinx a yellow orange glow, lion a red glow, hydra a blue glow, and medusa a purple glow. These suits will usually only be worn 1. In a combat 2. On duty (this mainly applies for those who stay with the government, and they'd only wear these at night. The glow can be turned on and off according to what the user wishes, and they come with perks, which will be explained later on. (Think suits like in Tron: Legacy. That's the futuristic look we're going for.)

tron12.jpg

THE EIGHT

#1: Project Minotaur Power: Earth (rock)

#2: Project Siren Power: Air

#3: Project Cerberus Power: Darkness

#4: Project Sphinx Power: Light

#5: Project Nemean Lion Power: Fire

#6: Project Hydra Power: Water

#7: Project Centaur Power: Plants

#8: Project Medusa Power: Spirits

RULES:

1. Please follow all Tamatalk rules

2. I have a strict literacy rule. One GOOD paragraph at least. I've been lenient other times, but this rule, MUST be followed.

3. Proper spelling and grammar is a MUST.

4. If you want to be one of the eight, you can only apply for ONE of them. You can make other characters if you want but they can't be projects.

5. If you're applying to be one of the eight, you need to post the profile in the OOC forum. if more than one person applies for the same project, I will choose based on which profile is better.

6. Please feel free to be as creative as you like.

7. NO MATTER WHAT THE PROJECT IS BASED ON, IT CAN BE EITHER MAE OR FEMALE. So you could make Project Centaur a girl, or Project Medusa a boy. I don't care. =)

PROFILE LAYOUT:

(For Projects)

PROJECT NAME:

HUMAN ALIAS:

APPARENT AGE: (13-20)

APPEARANCE: (Good description)

PERSONALITY: (Good Description)

SEXUALITY:

FOR OR AGAINST GOVERNMENT: (We need projects on both sides)

OTHER:

(For Other Characters)

NAME:

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY:

HISTORY:

SEXUALITY:

FOR OR AGAINST GOVERNMENT:

OTHER:

Project Siren= Taken.

Free projects= Minotaur, Medusa, Cerberus, Nimean Lion, Hydra, Centaur, Sphinx

PROJECT NAME: Project Siren

HUMAN ALIAS: Zephyr Mulholland

APPARENT AGE: 18

APPEARANCE: Zephyr was manufactured to be beautiful, to make it easier for her to lure her targets in. She has long blonde hair that goes well with her pale skin. She's slender, and is around 5'5" tall. Her eyes are bright green, with flecks of gold in them-- part of her bird-like persona. When she's not on duty, she'll wear anything and everything that is fashionable. She demands to look good at all times, and is constantly checking her appearance, preening herself as if she were a bird or something. Her combat suit has a teal glow on the lines, and she absolutely loves it. She could wear a plastic bag and make it look good-- that's just how she was made. Her favorite colors to wear are blacks and blues, and she never wears the same outfit more than once a week. She doesn't usually wear makeup, but when she does, she goes for a bright red lipstick and black eyeliner an mascara-- the classic bombshell look.

PERSONALITY: Zephyr is definitely a strange sort of girl. She's not afraid to get her hands dirty, but she has to look good or else she won't do it. She has to dress up before going on her missions and killing someone. However, that doesn't mean she's stupid. She is cunning and extremely manipulative/seductive, and knows exactly how to get what she wants from people. Of course, that charm has worn out on the other projects (oh well), but she still tries every so often. She works in her own interests, not really concerned with the missions, but not really concerned with the outside world. She sticks with the government for now because they give her the best rewards. If someone else entices her with better offers, then she'll switch to help herself. Obviously, she can be extremely vain, but the people who manage to get close to her earn her kindness and her friendship-- something not to be taken lightly. She finds humans interesting, and will study them long before she chooses to kill them. She has a fondness for the ocean, and for music especially. People say that she has the voice of an angel-- again, another part of how she was made.

SEXUALITY: Although she'll woo anyone to get what she wants, she's heterosexual.

FOR OR AGAINST GOVERNMENT: For... at least, as long as they keep her satisfied.

OTHER: Nope.

I'd RP but I wanted to play Siren but since she's taken, I'll just watch. This looks good by the way :3

I may join again but use the same form from last time though I'm thinking of changing the project of the character or possibly make a new form. I'm not really sure at the moment.

Just saying I'm most certainly interested. I probably shouldn't join another rp, though. It's a horrid addiction and I don't get on nearly as much as I should to keep up with the RPs I'm in...

But I'm thinking about snagging one of the projects, not too sure what one. I'm not picky, and I like to design characters. If I'm stuck with last pick it'll be fun, like a challenge.

But yeah.

Once I figure out what who/what I wanna do I will post a form. But until then. Just write me up as interested. :3

Okay! Aki and Autumnfeb, I have project spaces left open for you! Whenever you decide if you're joining in and who you'd like to be, just post your forms here!

PROJECT NAME: Project Cerberus

HUMAN ALIAS: Leila Chase

APPARENT AGE: 16

APPEARANCE: Leila looks as though she’s not a threat to anyone, small and fragile, which tends to anger her. She has long, wait length black hair, which is often kept in a low ponytail, standing out against her pale skin. She stands at about 4'8" and quite an average body. She has auburn eyes, almost golden. When she’s not in her combat suit, she’ll wear almost any clothing that she feels comfortable in, such as jeans, button up shirt, belt, whatever she can throw together but she’ll never wear a dress or put on make up. She does like to wear bright colours, thinking they draw too much attention. Leila also wears a dog collar, to remind herself she cannot run away that easily even if she wishes too.

PERSONALITY: Despite how innocent Leila can look, she is a fierce, cunning and short-tempered girl. She’ll make herself look sweet and adorable to lure in her prey, she’ll complain about it but still gets the job done. If there’s anything Leila likes to do in her spare time, it’s sleeping or daydreaming. She often uses an ‘outer character’ around people she doesn’t know or have nothing to do with her work. She’ll act like a warm-hearted, innocent young girl when acting like her true self, she’ll become impolite and rude though loyal and true to her word, well most of the time. She doesn’t have much reasoning for sticking with the government; she just felt it was best to do so. She could care less about humans, if she could she’d kill them all off but because of how she was made, she cannot; she is like a dog, loyal and follows her masters commands, most of the time but only under strong reasoning will she disobey an order. She love to have alone time in large areas, such as a forest and sing to herself, she has a decent singing voice. Not horrible yet not like an angel.

SEXUALITY: Straight

FOR OR AGAINST GOVERNMENT: For

OTHER: None

I hope it's alright with me using the same one I used when I last joined.

TAKEN: Siren, Centaur, Cerberus

OPEN: Minotaur, Hydra, Medusa, Sphinx, Nimean Lion

WE NEED MALES! We also need more characters AGAINST the government.

Well, I'm totally willing to join. But gotta go so not now. I'll play a male (Since I'm like the only person on this darn RP forum who actually plays males regularly...) who's against the government. I'll either have the guy Sphinx or Lion. :3

Runner, you're most definitely allowed to join! I'll make sure to save a spot for you!

:3 Sweet, okay I've got teh' form:

PROJECT NAME: Project Nemean Lion

HUMAN ALIAS: Flynn Mueller

APPARENT AGE: 17

APPEARANCE: Now you'd expect someone with the powers of fire to look firey (As in, be a ginger/redhead, and have a sort of rash look to them in general), but surprisingly, Flynn doesn't look anything like somebody with the powers of fire, other than his dark, cold, almost red but not really red eyes. Unfortunately for him, he was actually manufactured to intimidate people and stop them dead in their tracks long enough for Flynn to take them down. Flynn has dark brown, short but not super short hair that is slightly spiky. He is at least 6'2 (Tall lol), and is halfway between skinny and normal weighted. He's most frequently seen with his combat suit on. But when he doesn't want to wear it/isn't wearing it, Flynn tends to go typical guy fashion- Jeans, T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. Although the outfit that isn't his battle suit that he does wear quite a bit consists of jeans, a light black raincoat over a gray t-shirt, and sneakers.

PERSONALITY: Flynn is a rather intelligent, and quiet guy. His height and air of silence has made it quite hard for most people who aren't projects to accept him, as just his height and the air he gives off makes it difficult for people to really get along with him. Due to this, Flynn has grown rather untrusting and somewhat cruel toward people. Nonetheless, he does have some kindness and mercy in him, so he won't attack little children or extremely helpless people. This doesn't stop him from using his fire to slaughter trackers from the government, or annoying men who despise him and try to kill him. This is why he hates the government and chooses to oppose it. Perhaps if somebody actually is kind to him, maybe he might actually warm up and begin to change from cruel to more open toward people. But until then, he will probably just remain the way he is. Flynn is also a pretty hard worker who works hard at everything he does. He's the type of guy who likes to finish what he starts.

SEXUALITY: Heterosexual.

FOR OR AGAINST GOVERNMENT: Against. I'm the type who is always willing to play the roles nobody else plays.

OTHER: Not much else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Runner, accepted. Go ahead and post your form in the IC topic :)

PROJECT NAME: Project Centaur

HUMAN ALIAS: Zecora Chamberlain

APPARENT AGE: 14

APPEARANCE: Zecora's dark hair falls down like a curtain of silk to the top of her waist, and occasionally she will wear it in a loose ponytail. They somehow compliment the brown, innocent eyes of wisdom. Her eyes are probably the most attractive aspect of her appearance, however, they show that she is very self-consious of her appearence. She doesn't care much for makeup, and likes to keep a normal look to avoid attention, and when she walks around in the park, she doesn't like people looking at her, she'd rather camouflage with the grass. Her sun-kissed skin and slender body go well with her lime-green spaghetti-strap top and camo-colored skirt, stained with grass green from lying in the grass.

PERSONALITY: Zecora is rather self-consious of her appearance, although she doesn't like to wear fancy or stylish clothing because she likes to lie in the grass, and she thinks they are too much of a hassle. The clothes are very expensive and time-consuming to pick them out, and then wash out stains from the grass. Although she is kind natured and cares for the enviorment, when angered, she starts to shut down, and when especially angered, she starts to be unpleasant and cocky. These situations are very rare, though, however they have happened before. If there was something Zecora would say she liked, it would probably be lying in the middle of nowhere in the grass, sleeping, and stargazing at dusk. She takes friendship very seriously, however, most of her friends are flowers and plants and sometimes she will simply sit next to them and talk to them for about an hour or so. Then she will move on, and if she is not assigned a mission, she will spend the whole day talking to plants as if they were people. However, she detests missions and avoids having to attack people. Usually her way of killing people is asking kindly to a poisonous mushroom if she could borrow some deadly poison and sneak into the person's home or office and poison their coffee or tea.

FOR OR AGAINST GOVERNMENT: For, as long as they let her talk to the plants without insulting her.

OTHER: Zecora wears a chain necklace that she ties dead plants to, and when there is no more room for tying, she takes them all off, buries them, and starts to cry. She's weird. 0.-

Sorry, I'll post it here anyways, but I read really fast to get things over with, and I miss stuff sometimes.

Again, sorry.

Did you edit the post? Because I'm completely sure that after 4 was 6 (5 before) and it was about creativity, and I wanted to be Siren, and I was wondering if more than 2 projects were allowed.

Have you not read the rules? I said that you're not allowed to have more than one project. Also, I already posted that siren is taken. I would appreciate it if you would read the rules and the posts in this thread. I did not edit the post with the rules, that's how it's always been.

I'm thinking of Playing Sphinx so here it is!

PROJECT NAME: Project Sphinx

HUMAN ALIAS: Heather Waltz

APPARENT AGE: 18

APPEARANCE: Heather is a Blonde (As you would guess by the Name)and she is really small. She is Approximately 4'15 and is Constantly made fun of by that. Heather wears a Necklace all the time because it reminds her of her Parents. Usually carries a small pouch which holds a Dagger. Sometimes, when she fights, her Blonde hair turns really bright sometimes blinding people. Each Day, she Puts her hair up in these ways: Either Pigtails, One long Ponytail or Normal straight or Wavy hair. She is tan only a little. She is a little Tannish-Pinkish but I don't think that matters.

PERSONALITY: Heather Talks a LOT and was a good girl when her Parents were Alive. She is a Smart but often lost into space sometimes. She is Smart only when she decides to be. She is sometimes humurous but when at work, she is really serious about her job. When she gets excited her hair glows different colors. She is also an Artist who loves to talk things through when Fights come up. She is what you might call a Peacemaker and doesn't likes happy endings. But she thinks the Government will be making the end a Bad one. She is a Klutz sometimes almost blinding herself or her Allies when sending out Light Flashes.

FOR OR AGAINST GOVERNMENT: Against the Government so she can show her Parents her Bad Side.

OTHER: People can tell her apart because she is one of those one of a kind people. This may be a Disadvantage. Her hair is very long, like up to her knees long and this sometimes trips her. Again, a Disadvantage.

It would be cool to see A Fire and Light Attack(Neamean Lion and Sphinx)...

I'm going to have to reject your form, Emzz. Lack of proper grammar/spelling, and inconsistencies concerning the plot/synopsis of the roleplay. But thank you for applying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back