COCONUTS

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christien said, "Well, I'm glad I at least helped you with that. I'm not sure how long it will take to heal up, but soon, I would hope." He nodded in agreement, unsure of what it was they could do, but he definitely didn't want to sit around all day, it was something he wasn't used to. He glanced down at her, having not really noticed what she was doing before, until it was more exaggerated. "You're sure you're not quite comfortable there for the day?" he joked, chuckling. It didn't bother him at all.. No, definitely not..

A blush crepted onto Elaina's cheeks but she remained leaning into him, not wanting to move away, whatsoever. "If you hate it that much than I will move but it doesn't really look like it's bothering you, is it?" She said playfully before returning to thinking about what to do.

Christien smiled and replied, "No, it's quite alright with me." He looked down at her again, noting her blush and smiling just that little bit wider because of it. He was quite content to have her leaning on him, they'd both established that they actually quite liked it, in all honesty. On the subject of what to do he said, "I guess the obvious thing to do would be to swim when at the beach, but since that won't happen.. What else do people do at the beach that doesn't require two arms?"

"Well..." Elaina thought for a moment then exlaimed "Build a sand castle!" Instantly, she jolted up from her more than comfortable position and crawled to the nearest large sand pile. "Come on, Christien!"

A sand castle. It had been the last thing he'd expected her to suggest, but that was fine by him. It made him laugh, in fact, since he hadn't made one in what felt like years. After all, Paris wasn't exactly near the beach. Not bothering to get up, he shifted himself over to the pile of sand and said, "I hope you're good at making them without a.. Bucket." He had paused to think of the right word.

Elaina threw him an of-course-I-am-Silly look before returning to her already growning castle, letting her hands continuously run over the beginning wall so its surface could be smooth. "Can you make another wall connected to this one, at the right?" She asked, breifly looking at him before setting her eyes on the miniscule bits of sand once more.

Christien shifted to sit in front of the spot where his sand wall was to be erected. He started to build up the height from the mound already there, then smoothing the corner to connect it to the wall that Elaina was building. "I don't remember the last time I went to the beach.." he murmured, mostly thinking aloud to himself.

Elaina stopped perfecting her wall and leaned backwards before looking sideways at Christien while he worked. "I haven't been in a while." She added, wanting increadibly badly to lean into him once more.

Christien nodded, and finished his wall some twenty seconds later. He smoothed off the last edge, then looked up at her from the wall and smiled slightly. He didn't really know what to say now; it suddenly felt like the wrong moment to say much at all. Maybe it was due to their quiet reminiscing, but he wasn't too sure that it was that at all.

Elaina fidgited silently, losing the urge to make the castle and let out a long sigh. "This isn't working, what now?" Speaking felt wrong but, in her mind, the silence was even more akward.

"Sorry, was that my fault?" Christien asked, assuming his momentarily stopping was the cause of the silence. He had been alright to continue, and she had suggested it to start with, so he was a little confused. And while she's felt awkward in the silence, he hadn't thought to be that much at all.

"Oh, no," Elaina sighed inwardly and rolled her head back, as the muscles in her neck were beginning to bother her. "I just, I don't feel like building it anymore. You know? I'm sorry. I guess this whole thing is really confused. It's hard to take my mind off of what happened."

Chrisien said, "Oh. Well, that's okay, I understand that completely." It bothered him, too, but he had been doing quite well not to let it show or to even get to him as much as he could. "And I am sorry for not being able to think of something to do that's more exciting, because you might not have thought about it so much if I had."

"No," Elaina smiled weakly at him, "don't blame yourself. I have a highly paranoid mind. Can't watch one episode of CSI without nightmares." She sighed and slowly moved over toward him, to comfort herself.

"Well, okay, but still, I refuse to not take any blame," Christien smiled. He hesitated for a moment as she moved towards him, then reached out for her good hand and took it, pulling her over to him gently. He hadn't fully comprehended that he was doing it, and when he did, he told himself it was to help her get over more easily, but he knew it wasn't exactly that that made him hold her hand.

Elaina was a bit surprised at his sudden outreach but, of course, made no complain or effort to move away. She was extremely content with him, being near him, hearing him, etc, etc. "Well you really shouldn't take any blame," she muttured, leaning into him, still grasping his hand.

Christien rolled his eyes playfully at her comment, then pulling her as close as he dared. "Fine.. But.." he started, trying to make up a decent excuse or comeback. He had nothing. "I'll just have to come up with some other way to annoy you and take the blame for, so that we're even."

Last edited by a moderator:
Elaina giggled and tried not to grin too widely at their sudden closeness. "I don't think you can annoy me." She stated truthfully, the serious-ness returning to her voice.

"No? Not at all?" Christien raised his eyebrows slightly in mild surprise. He was surprssing his smile because she was being fairly serious now. But then, he became perfectly serious, a calm sort of dignity overcoming him as he asked her, "Do you like me, Elaina?"

Elaina pursed her lips, looking at him sideways. "Sure," she hesitated, "you're a great person." Sadly, she knew he was not really asking her opinion on his personaliy. But, she would play stupid for now, stalling for time to frantically come up with a true answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back