Admin wants to know: How can we make the RP section better?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simply solution, four different sections:

Tamagotchi RP: Pretty simple, for the people who want to RP with tamagotchi characters.

Basic RP: No requirements, post can be as long as you want, from a sentence to a few paragraphs. Think of it as free RPing, basically no strict posting rules besides following the site rules.

Semi-Advanced RP: RPs with 2-4 sentences. Not a lot, but a little more advanced than the Basic forum. This would be perfect for members who want to RP in the Advance forum, but still need more practice in writing longer posts.

Advanced RP: The posts have to be at least a paragraph, more if the topic creator wants. This is mainly for the members who have been RPing for a long time with a lot of experience.
This.

We could maybe sling the idea of RP mods in here, maybe one for each section to check that those guidelines are being followed? IDK. But I like that idea.

Well the always available edit button isn't an easy option unfortunately... It is all forums allow unending editing or none. We have limited the edit time for many reasons and so I am not in favor of this (but would love to if it allowed me to turn it on for just the RP forums).

As far as separate sections goes... How would we enforce these? In other words, how do you propose we limit what level of RPer is posting in the advanced forum vs the basic? What if somebody wants to do an advanced tama RIP (it could happen! :p )? Thats where splitting the forum up gets complicated. Any ideas?

Like tamaturtle said, each forum would have it's own moderator. As for the tamagotchi advanced RP, it could go in either the advanced or the tama section, it would be up to the creator. There would be no limits, but if somebody wasn't posting enough content in the advanced forum, there would be three things:

A warning from the RP creator

A polite request to leave the RP from the creator

Being banned from viewing the RP

If they get Kicked out of 5 RP, they have temporary ban from the Advance section until the Advance moderator saw that they were posting better in Semi-Advance.

Like tamaturtle said, each forum would have it's own moderator. As for the tamagotchi advanced RP, it could go in either the advanced or the tama section, it would be up to the creator. There would be no limits, but if somebody wasn't posting enough content in the advanced forum, there would be three things:

A warning from the RP creator

A polite request to leave the RP from the creator

Being banned from viewing the RP

If they get Kicked out of 5 RP, they have temporary ban from the Advance section until the Advance moderator saw that they were posting better in Semi-Advance.
^ That sounds great.

What about having a separate forum for telling your character's (or characters') backstories? Like some forms have the story on them or something like that, and you're supposed to tell what got your character to that point. So maybe in the advanced section or in the OOC one that already exists, add a section to just tel about your RP character or characters.

Simply solution, four different sections:

Tamagotchi RP: Pretty simple, for the people who want to RP with tamagotchi characters.

Basic RP: No requirements, post can be as long as you want, from a sentence to a few paragraphs. Think of it as free RPing, basically no strict posting rules besides following the site rules.

Semi-Advanced RP: RPs with 2-4 sentences. Not a lot, but a little more advanced than the Basic forum. This would be perfect for members who want to RP in the Advance forum, but still need more practice in writing longer posts.

Advanced RP: The posts have to be at least a paragraph, more if the topic creator wants. This is mainly for the members who have been RPing for a long time with a lot of experience.
This!

Love the sound of this, everything would be so much easier to handle and find. :')

Don't delete old roleplays more than 100 pages long.

Some of them contain many bittersweet memories for us.

...*cries*

But, in all seriousness, maybe we should at least PM the people who were most active in the RP and check if it's okay to delete it, or if they need time to save it or something. I might just be weird about this, but I hate when RPs I loved get deleted.

And splitting into 4 sections sounds like a horrible idea to me, to be flat-out honest. If we're all split, it'd be either too n00bish (for lack of a better term) or too serious. Also, new RPers would never get better that way, unless they lurked the advanced section. Maybe just have RP mentors that teach some of the obviously new RPers how to better roleplay?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I was very sad when i found out my favorite RP was deleted after I got back from summer camp.

I think a Private RP section would be a good idea. Like, if some friends want an area to roleplay out a story but they don't want just anybody to be able to join it. I have seen this option on many other forums. However, the issue with this would be it would rely mostly on other members' manners. People would have to acknowledge that when they are not welcome in a topic, it is just their role to be respectful and not post there.

I think there should be an Open RP section, for people like me who like to RP with whoever happens to join (I think it's more fun that way, haha), but then also the Private RP section for those who just want to be respectively literate/scripted without it being anyone else's problem where they fall on the literacy spectrum.

I think people can have more fun that way, and that's what I feel is the important part of all this c:

I think a Private RP section would be a good idea. Like, if some friends want an area to roleplay out a story but they don't want just anybody to be able to join it. I have seen this option on many other forums. However, the issue with this would be it would rely mostly on other members' manners. People would have to acknowledge that when they are not welcome in a topic, it is just their role to be respectful and not post there.

I think there should be an Open RP section, for people like me who like to RP with whoever happens to join (I think it's more fun that way, haha), but then also the Private RP section for those who just want to be respectively literate/scripted without it being anyone else's problem where they fall on the literacy spectrum.

I think people can have more fun that way, and that's what I feel is the important part of all this c:
I think this is an excellent idea.

Don't delete old roleplays more than 100 pages long.

Some of them contain many bittersweet memories for us.

...*cries*

But, in all seriousness, maybe we should at least PM the people who were most active in the RP and check if it's okay to delete it, or if they need time to save it or something. I might just be weird about this, but I hate when RPs I loved get deleted.
I have an idea for this predicament. Make an archive for old ropleplays that have 100+ pages. The topics could be locked and moved to it's own section of the forum, and if anyone wants to continue they could PM a mod to unlock and move it to the main RP section. I've seen this done in other places before.

I'm 13, and I've only been in three role plays. I try to be very literate. But like the others said, a literate RP section would be a good thing, But people there would still follow the TT rules and stuff. This is my opinion.

I'm not very old (i prefer to keep my age private please, thanks) but not very young either. :/ So I don't know if this post just seems stupid because I don't really understand what other people think. ANYWAYS

I think that before we are allowed to make an RP the RP has to be confirmed before it shows up on the lists... I find a lot of RPs really cool, but there's something wrong with it or there's no form, etc. and a lot of younger people who don't understand how to write properly (no offense) start RPs that don't really make any sense and it annoys me sometimes because i am an easily angered person. :/

Anyways, I'm sorry if this post is just plain STUPID. :p

I definitely want an Advanced RP section. I hate it when I get a bunch of people who join one of my RP's and then type only one sentence or two super short sentence answers. It really irks me. Oh, and I would love for there to be RP mods. I had to kick someone out of an RP recently due to a lack of literacy and a bunch of other annoying quirks. Sometimes, I kinda think RPing isn't really for everybody.

I miss old TT so much, the Rps were so much better T_T

This has probably been raised several times before, but I'd really like to see a seperate Role Play section for either advanced or older RPers. When I say 'older roleplaying', I don't mean like REALLY old stuff. Whenever someone say 'advanced roleplaying!' everyone seems to respond with 'Oh hell no, you'll start roleplaying sex'. I fully understand that TT is a family friendly site with younger kids on here. I was one myself once. But I think this would be a nice idea for people who aren't exactly fussed on roleplaying about tamas, and want to do other topics with maybe - gasp - the odd swear word, and older characters with older issues.

It wouldn't be hard to hide away the board so the younger members don't come across it. I know IF allow password protected boards - why not have one here and give the password to people 13+? Or have a warning come up so people can turn back?

Please consider this :)
I don't like the idea of a password only for people older than me. No-one wants to roleplay swear words or inaprropriate stuff and no-one wants to be locked away from a certain area of the forum.

I definitely want an Advanced RP section. I hate it when I get a bunch of people who join one of my RP's and then type only one sentence or two super short sentence answers. It really irks me. Oh, and I would love for there to be RP mods. I had to kick someone out of an RP recently due to a lack of literacy and a bunch of other annoying quirks. Sometimes, I kinda think RPing isn't really for everybody.

I miss old TT so much, the Rps were so much better T_T
I agree with you Runner, because I don't want to get kicked out of advanced literate RPs because I'm a random silly fantasy type of person. People like me are driven out of the current RP section and I think we need more free, younger children suited RP's for us aged under 13 or people like so101isfun/Space Unicorn who want some space for our random, silly and funny RP's.

Okay, as an avid roleplayer for many, MANY years, I have to say that YES, people DO want to roleplay with swears and YES, they do want to have more mature issues (death, battling mental illnesses, etc). I believe there needs to be an advanced roleplay section, and that a one-on-one/invite only section would also be a good idea. I get tired of having illiterate/marysues/garystues joining roleplays that I have put HOURS into, making a plot, nice layouts, etc.

None of us are AGAINST fun/silly roleplays, but we do care about how people spell and write out their sentences. I hate it when I can't even read a single sentence of someone's post because it is so poorly written. We want quality as well as creativity.

I would also support a password enabled advanced roleplay section, as someone mentioned above. However, I don't know how the password would be fairly given out, and people would probably tell their friends what the password is.

I think that an easy, not fix but at least something could be to instead of do mods who had power what about if the rp starter had the power to control things like that over the individual section. I have seen this done on other sites where the 'admin' of the topic has the power to remove or block people from the section and even make managers and whatnot who will also have some power and other topic members can sort of request things like removals or whatnot that go straight to the admin of the rp....

I also like the advanced or mature section. And I agree with Tamaturtle's idea of a warning like they do on mature sites, where you are autodirected to a page that says something along the lines of "WARNING the page you are about to view contains mature and explicit content, due to this content the page is for people 13+" or something and then have two buttons; Enter, and go back.

(the password like said above, could be shared to friends and stuff, or people can just change their age in their profile. And this way they are agreeing to entereing this section and are plainly aware of the content that may be found within)

An archive would be amazing, but I think there'd be an issue of server storage or whatever the technical term is. You could have some sort of page limit for RP storage, not 100 pages at least, like ParentGuardian said - hey, smaller RPs have awesome memories too! *sniff sniff* - but then again, how do you decide the limit? What if a RP's one page off? Maybe people could request their RP to be archived or something, or have a system like on the PMs where you can archive them - it saves all the posts in an email or PDF or something so you can re-read it to your heart's content :3

Also, I understand what dazzilitchigirl is saying about being 'locked out' of a certain section, so now I'm leaning more towards the warning page like I suggested before. I'm personally still liking the different forums idea as well, as orginally said by YellowJedi, and it seems other people do like the Advanced RP idea too! As for deciding, if people decide they wanna move up after 'lurking', as Admin put it, then I don't think they should be penalized for just jumping in and going for it or anything. Everyone's got to start somewhere, right? I was diabolical when I first started paragraph RP-ing.

Latest posts

Back