Admin wants to know: How can we make the RP section better?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This topic hasn't been super active but I do still read it. :p

The advanced RP section is a possibility here... Having a password can be one option as well as approvals similar to how we are experimenting with chat entry now. Though at TT we have always tried to make areas that anyone can access so this goes against that. This brings back something like the serious tama and serious nontama sections where it is considered more advanced but not blocked off from anyone. The difference is certain behaviors aren't tolerated as much as on the regular forums. Would that work?

As far as having controls like the topic starter being able to control things (aka moderate their topic), it isn't an available option. Sorry. I also checked the new version of IPBoard that we will be running soon and it is still not an available option. :(

I miss old TT so much, the Rps were so much better T_T
I am curious to know what you mean by this... What part of "old" TT was different? The people? The software? Rules?

^Well, quite a few things:

The quality of the RPs (In terms of plot, characters, and members in the RP), the people, the number of proper literate people, and the old sort of thing- RPs you can tell are reserved for the younger, more inexperienced RPers, and the RPs you can tell are for the older members. Unfortunately, these days, there is no longer such a boundary, so you have younger, inexperienced RPers joining literate RPs as sues.

Basically, literacy isn't the only factor that plays into literate RPs- Literate RPs also require good, actually experienced RPers who can play characters THAT ARE NOT SUES (AKA Perfect, annoying, characters that act super kawaii and all this other fake, unrealistic stuff... Even if it's a realistic RP). Inexperienced RPers who can type literately shouldn't go into more literate RPs because they aren't quite good enough to join in with experienced members yet. Even if it may "Help" them get better. It doesn't, since most of the time, members do not pay attention to criticism, and continue to have terrible characters and make mistakes (I.E., playing everyone's characters, having odd things happen that don't work with the plot, trying to advance the plot but not in teh way the RP maker wanted it to go, basically, changing the plot). Which is why, there should be a section that separates older, experienced members and younger, inexperienced members. That way, younger members can work in RPs to become better RPers so they don't tick off older, experienced RPers.

So, in your opinion, would the concept of a serious rp (aka experienced) section work here?

Whoo! After five years of me trying to get one there's an advanced RP section xP I'm excited to see this forum progress, and will definitly help out :)

.........I has another idea.........

Maybe in the Role Play-Role Play Forum (man, I'm a idea theif) we could have a 'pending RP' section. I find it really annoying when it's all littered with new role plays and the one your in is way down the page.

~ Stolen from DNAdopts. KD ~

EMF, that just messes things up. We already have a great system, and everyone likes it. They are fit with it and they have grown use to it. If we do, we will be separated, when it is just easier to look through the RPS.

Latest posts

Back