Age Groups for Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tehehe me and my boyfriend got one yesterday at Toys R Us...I'm 18(turning 19) and he's pushing 20! the thought of being too old for that never crossed our minds because this was one of the coolest things we grew up with back in our day (and still is!)...god I'm making this sound like we're getting really old :furawatchi:

...it was really hard to find them in our Toys R Us so we literally went through EVERY aisle that the store had (yes including baby section, awkward much?) and we spent like an hour there after because we started seeing other things that reminded us of childhood :furawatchi:

so no I don't think there's a specific age group for tamagotchi, it all lies within personal interest regardless of age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Youre right! Tamagotchis doesnt have age group . And it really doesnt matter are you a boy or a girl.

Well, Im a 13 years old girl... :lol:

Do not call 911 on me. I started at the age of 4 years.

I don't think there should be an age limit on tamagotchis. ;)

I think that it has gone from all ages down to 9-12 year olds. In girls. [no offence]. I think that Tamagotchi are now to make kids get embarrassed going to the girl aisle. I went to Toys R' Us and the GIRLS' aisle had the Tamagotchis. A boy in a pink girl aisle! I'm tired of this nonsense.
i totally think that tams should be for everybody to enjoy i know there are 20 year olds on TT that still like to play with thier tamas! and hey thats fine with me i am 12 nearly 13 and i still love tamas! :angry: :( i got my v3 for my 10th b'day so i will always treasure that one and i got my white v4 for christmas [ but that one is broken got put in the washing machine! :eek: ] anyway back to the subject i think anyone can enjoy tamas no matter how old they are. :eek: :unsure:

oh and doesn't which matter asile the tamas are in doesn't mean u can't buy one!! :blink: :mellow:

The age group doesnt matter as long as u r having fun. I also think that tamas should be put electronics area instaed of the girls isle :furawatchi:
I agree :D

I went to Toy Kingdom in the Mall of Asia, and...

Tamagotchis were in the toys for boys section! :)

Okay. I'm starting to have a suspicion about Toy Stores...they should stop sorting toys according to gender. :furawatchi:

I even feel a bit embarrased hunting for an Autobot Jazz somewhere in the boys section... :furawatchi:

(nevermind, off topic XD )

Tamagotchi are for both genders, and all ages. I believe that putting them in the girl's toys aisle is a dorm of discrimination, and the way the sales clerks look at you dosen't help either. Good greif! My grandfather plays with one for heavens sakes! Pardon my rant. I also agree that tamagotchi are a toy for everyone, at every age.

Yes tamagotchis are sometimes made to look like they are a "girls toy" But really they aren't they were designed for both boys and girls! If they weren't they wouldn't have made some of the designs! Also many adults adore tamagotchis and still play with them today, tamagotchis dont have an age limit they are for anyone,anytime.

-Chloe^.^

I agree with EVERYONE here. Tamagotchis are just a fun <i>electronic</i> game to play. There is no age limit, and it's an unisex type of thing! It jsut like saying dogs are only for boys! Everyone loves dogs, boys, or girls! The tamgotchi is a fun hobby to enjoy and play with! I hope people wont be ashamed of going into a certain section to get tama's anymore!

I totally agree with most of you here. The Tamagotchi is indeed a unisex toy. I own a P1, and it's just a plain design, no girly images. The Tamagotchis, at the Target near me, is by the child electronics. All the Leapfrog, Fly Pen, Giga Pets, and everything like that. It also doesn't help when you look 3 years older than your age! :D

I think they should put it in the electronics aisle. And I agree with marierock13. I was buying my V5 Tamagotchi and when my dad was giving the cashier the money, the cashier gave me that look like, "Oh my gosh you're, like, fifteen years old (I told you I look 3 years older than I really am) and you play with these things?!" It stinks. :D

yeah.... ToysRus is jacked up..... i hate it there all things are over priced so i go to wal*mart or target insted... at my wal*marts and Targets they are in the kids elctronic toy department lol and in wal*mart i found it by the little games like 20q and all of those electronic games "to go" so they are pretty much the same but one time i went into this weird wal*mart and they said they were in the garden section and they were.... LOL!!

yeah.... ToysRus is jacked up..... i hate it there all things are over priced so i go to wal*mart or target insted... at my wal*marts and Targets they are in the kids elctronic toy department lol and in wal*mart i found it by the little games like 20q and all of those electronic games "to go" so they are pretty much the same but one time i went into this weird wal*mart and they said they were in the garden section and they were.... LOL!!
did you go to the Walmart in Clinton, Iowa??

Just wondering..

Bacause that where i got mine

and...

it was in the garden section too! :ichigotchi:

did you go to the Walmart in Clinton, Iowa??Just wondering..

Bacause that where i got mine

and...

it was in the garden section too! :ichigotchi:
nope i live in california lol maybe alot of wal*marts are going to start doing that LOL!!

nope i live in california lol maybe alot of wal*marts are going to start doing that LOL!!
yeah, that would be funny!

lol, maybe they want to start growing tamas..

eww! they may come out DEFORMED!

AHHH!!

I try not to be too embarassed when I buy one...

I mean, why should the care if you buy one? They're getting your money. Also, who said it was for you anyway? Maybe you're buying one for a younger sibling, or a friend.

It's nice to know that I havent had the cashier say anything rude though... even if I buy pink tamas and I'm a guy...

I do get the feeling that Bandai is trying to exclude a lot of people from their target audience, and that's just silly. If they gave Tamagotchis a wider appeal, they'd have more people buying them! I'm female, but I do feel very awkward being a 23 year old going into the toy aisle. I once saw them for sale at a Gamestop, and felt much better purchasing one there. It shouldn't bother you, though. Don't be afraid of what you enjoy, even though I admit sometimes I am.

At Walmart They Have them In The 'Toy Electronics + Novelties' Aisle...

I'm Not Upset To Go Down That Aisle To Get My Tama!!!

Mametchi Is Awesome!!!

Tamagotchis are definitely unisex.. that's why they have so many different colours and designs!

And as far as i'm concerned the age rating says 6+.. so it's ok for anyone above the age of 6 to have one! :) [even if they are like 40]

Same thing happened to me.I went to Walmart for a V5 and the Tamagotchis were in girls section.I felt very uncomfortable.
Same thing wid me

Just tonight i went and got myself a Familitchi and felt VERY embarresed by staring at the girls isle

I kept having to look down the islein case and school mates spotted me... -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back