Animal Crossing: Wild World

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you could have just posted a link to the chart on GameFaqs once you'd found it ;) (It doesn't count as advertising as it is not your personal site / link - you are passing on useful information to others)

You should also credit the author of the chart/faq since they spent alot of time researching the information :mametchi:
Yeah, but:

You'd have to search all over THAT page.

I searched like a maniac... :p

The person who made it was...well, let me search like a maniac, again :p

mametchi ;)

I have a question.

What is the point of the little speech bubble under my menu? I can type something, but it goes away after a few minutes. What does it do?

I have a question.
What is the point of the little speech bubble under my menu? I can type something, but it goes away after a few minutes. What does it do?
You can use it if you visit another friend's town (on Wifi) to talk with them.

If you visit using DS to DS you are normally in the same room, so you just chat normally whilst you are playing, but if you visit other friends towns using the internet/Wifi, then you can use the key pad to send IMs/talk whilst you are in their town, or they are in your town.

Oh, i was thinking that that's maybe what it was for! ^o^ thanks TamaMum

Do money trees grow? I buried a sack of money with my golden shovel, but it's a full tree..do they bear bells [fruit]?
If a money tree grows successfully it will bear money bags instead of fruit. Some people have success with money bag trees and some don't.

I'm one of those who have not had success (so far) :p

I have read that it depends on how much money you bury. The more you bury, the better chance you have of getting the tree to produce money bags. I've just recently buried a 9,000 bell bag but it hasn't fully grown yet.

I failed with 100 bells, 1,000 bells and 5,000 bells - each grew into a normal sapling.

If you have a full tree and it's acting just like a normal sapling, then I think you didn't get it to work this time :lol:

Maybe try with a larger sum of money?

Edit: off topic @ice mountain; Truffles (the peppy pink pig) moved into my town not long after we did wifi ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I ♥ Animal Crossing: Wild World!

I dunno if anyone has asked yet (I only read the first and last pages of this Topic), but is there a cheat or something that can give you lots of money, without having to have to lose any residents of your town?

Lol thanks if you can answer!!

Best Wishes,

[[.x..barky..x.]]

.... I dunno if anyone has asked yet (I only read the first and last pages of this Topic)...
Well, why not take a few minutes to read through the topic and see if anyone asked yet? ;)

That's why we made the topic - so all the info was in one, easy to find place :wub:

There's also the ACWW Tips & Tricks topic to check :angry:

If a money tree grows successfully it will bear money bags instead of fruit.  Some people have success with money bag trees and some don't.I'm one of those who have not had success (so far) :D

I have read that it depends on how much money you bury.  The more you bury, the better chance you have of getting the tree to produce money bags.  I've just recently buried a 9,000 bell bag but it hasn't fully grown yet. 

I failed with 100 bells, 1,000 bells and 5,000 bells - each grew into a normal sapling.

If you have a full tree and it's acting just like a normal sapling, then I think you didn't get it to work this time :huh:

Maybe try with a larger sum of money?

Edit: off topic  @ice mountain; Truffles (the peppy pink pig) moved into my town not long after we did wifi :eek:
Well, whenever I do it, it just grows into a regular tree...that is, if it even grows.

And barky, there is, which is doing Action Replay, although I would not try it.

mametchi ;)

I've managed to grow 2 x Money trees in my town.

You need the golden shovel to plant a bag of money and the tree grows like a normal sapling. If it's successful then instead of three fruits, you see three money bags!

I found out that the amount of money you plant affects the chances of the money tree fruiting money bags. I planted 60,000 bells to get a 60% chance of success. To guarantee any tree to grow, you really need to cut down an existing tree, dig out the stump and bury the money bag in the hole left by the stump.

Unlike a fruit tree, however, if you shake down the bags of bells they don't grow back after 3 days, and the tree just turns into a normal sapling again.

I have two Animal Crossing Wild World Game Cards!

I've always had a thing for strange names.... and for the book Little Women.... I love the author's name.... so this is plentifully strange, I bet. I don't have Wi-Fi, but this all about my towns....

First town: japan

Characters: ABBY, kristof, rockstar, Hammy (main character)

Main fruit: cherries

House: mansion!

Shop: Nookingtons!

Catalog: about 75% full

Special feature: little place up by waterfall where I store my hybrids

Second town: Swifton (bought and made recently)

Characters: Louisa (main character), Kitty, Sushi

Main fruit: apples

House: 2nd expansion, the 8x8 room (working on paying off 298,000 Bells)

Shop: NookWay

Catalog: about 15% full

Special feature: an ISLAND which I have my house on, hybrid-storing place just like in japan

I love my two towns! Except I've been neglecting japan lately because I'm just so busy on Swifton!

Also: I can never get a money tree to grow either, no matter how many Bells I try and plant!

I have two Animal Crossing Wild World Game Cards!
I've always had a thing for strange names.... and for the book Little Women.... I love the author's name.... so this is plentifully strange, I bet. I don't have Wi-Fi, but this all about my towns....

First town: japan

Characters: ABBY, kristof, rockstar, Hammy (main character)

Main fruit: cherries

House: mansion!

Shop: Nookingtons!

Catalog: about 75% full

Special feature: little place up by waterfall where I store my hybrids

Second town: Swifton (bought and made recently)

Characters: Louisa (main character), Kitty, Sushi

Main fruit: apples

House: 2nd expansion, the 8x8 room (working on paying off 298,000 Bells)

Shop: NookWay

Catalog: about 15% full

Special feature: an ISLAND which I have my house on, hybrid-storing place just like in japan

I love my two towns! Except I've been neglecting japan lately because I'm just so busy on Swifton!

Also: I can never get a money tree to grow either, no matter how many Bells I try and plant!
When you do the money tree, do you use a golden shovel or a normal shovel? I used a golden shovel and it worked ;)

I have 8 Animals in my town, and they are:

Tabby (cat)

Olivia (cat)

Kiki (cat)

Elvis (Lion)

Jay (Blue Jay)

Pango (uhh... I dunno lol) *edit: Pango is an Anteater *

Yuka (Koala)

Biskit (Dog)

Double Post, sorry!

Don't give up!

Well, I think if you raise it perfectly, then it will grow. If you don't, sadly, it will just be a regular tree.

For those of you who don't have a golden shovel, I'm growing two, so I can visit you and give you one.

//mame :)

A golden shovel. :kusatchi:
But it just still doesn't, and never, works!
If you want to guarantee any tree to grow, then don't plant it randomly somewhere in your town.

There are certain places where trees will never grow in your town.

For example, Cedar saplings will not grow in the southern (bottom) half of your town and Coconuts will not grow in the northern (upper) half of your town.

Also there are certain routes that the various animal characters walk when they are out around the town and trees will not grow if you plant them on these routes.

A tree will grow if you plant it in the exact spot where another fully grown tree was standing.

So if you want to improve your chances of growing a money tree you will need:

1. A Golden Shovel - you must have one to grow a money tree

2. A Bag of Bells - the more bells the better - I have success with 60,000 bells - anything less in my town will not fruit :lol:

Then:

3. Choose an existing sapling, cedar sapling or fruit tree.

4. Shake it first to make sure there's no money bag, bees nest or to remove the fruit.

5. Cut it down with an axe

6. Dig out the stump with your golden shovel

7. Bury the bag of bells in the hole

8. Fill in the hole with your shovel

Wait three days for it to grow to full size. If you planted enough money you will see the money bags instead of fruit.

If you didn't plant enough money, you will need to try again with a higher amount of bells.

You do not need to water trees when you plant them. If they are going to grow, they will grow. If they are going to die, they will die. Watering them makes no difference.

It is not about taking perfect or good care once it is planted - that makes no difference - it's all about where in town you planted it (the position) as described above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back