approving

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't really care, but my friends parents do :l It's kinda sad though. We used to play a lot together with them, but all of a sudden her parents didn't want her to play with them anymore, so now I'm all alone with them...

My parents don't mind at all, they will buy me them if I ask for them.

My Mum really likes them and their cute little animations.

My Dad thinks it's ok to play them, but he says they're nothing more than an electronic 'slave' inside a plastic egg. He's usually the one who does the buying.

My cousins have them too, and my Grandad is AMAZED by the technology we have now. xD

I get really attached to them. xD I have 21 tamas, mainly from UK but a few from USA.

As for school, I've started in Year 7 at an Academy, and they don't mind at all. Heck, in art, they let me get it out to sketch it. Nowadays there's just me and a few of my friends who bring Tamas in for Break and Lunch.

Our primary school did ban them in late Year 5 though. There was a massive craze; if you didn't have one you were unpopular. They always went off in class and got taken away, someone had to wait until the end of the year to get theirs back. D:

Then in Year 6, there was a raffle and there was an unbelievable amount of Tamagotchis for sale... 2 of mine are from there.

I actually got in trouble for having the pouches stuffed in my drawer. It clogged it up. D:

There was also a 'Tama Trading' problem where people stole/swapped tamagotchis (I'd never dream of doing that.)

But overall, people accept I like tamas and they just leave me to it. ^.^

Edit: dang WHOOPS! I bumped it! D: Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, my mom doesn't care, she just says i can't take my tamagotchi to school. but since all my tamagotchi's batteries died, i don't hear this anymore :p

haha back when they first came out they didn't have a problem, but when the schools banned them in 97 I begged my mom to take care of my pets for me and she actually did for awhile. I love her for doing that she would sneak off and feed them :)

My mom loves them my dad doesn't really care and I'm 21 so they can't really stop me from playing them

When I was younger and had just started playing Tamagotchis, my mom would take care of them when I was at school. :B She never said I couldn't bring them to school, but I was worried some other kid would steal it so that's why I left it at home.

I'm 17 now, and they don't care that I still play with them. I can pay for my own Tamas, so I can buy whatever I want.

My school allows anything. We play with cell phones in class, our math teacher tells us to use the calculator in our phones and our english teacher lets us use the dictionaries. We're allowed to listen to iPod's in class and my school is basically one of five or so that don't have uniform for there students (well they do now, they're phasing it in with the new students)in the state. I'm the only person that plays with my tamagotchi's (although I'm starting a trend B) ) so my school really doesn't care.

I'm 14 now and my mum (I'm from Australia, we don't spell it as 'mom' and people keep correcting me =_=")only bought me my latest tamagotchi for my school project and because it was on $8 clearance at kmart (nobody plays them anymore :( ), but when the tama-go comes out here I'm going to buy it for myself. My mum's never really minded, she just thinks that I'll embarrass myself or something.

I got around her by telling her how rare some of my tama's are becoming (a baby blue V1 is worth a heap online).

My primary school was fine with them but I got in trouble for looking after my V1 after I witnessed my very first matchmaker, then the pause button was invented in the V2 and that problem went away.

There was one occassion when my sister had hers stolen but it was quickly found when the girl that had taken it had kept the lanyard which my sister had 'customized' on the tamagotchi and thay my sister's name was written on the inside of the battery cover (Mum always made us do that, but I kept my name on a piece of paper inside the battery door).

Basically, my school and parent's attitude was pretty leniant to my whole tama-craze.

Haah! My friends are all guys and they are tolerant of them... and sometimes they even play with them! My parents get a little annoyed at them , but they usually ask questions and have conversations with me about them. ^.^ I love it. My sister is pretty good too.

I am 25, married and recently got into tamagotchis. But since they make me so happy, my husband is actually thinking of buying me one for Christmas :D My parents doesn't have issues either.... but I do hide my tama when somebody comes into my office at work - work colleagues are not very likely to understand the tamagotchi-thing.....

I've liked them since 1996 when I was little enough to get away with it :p

My parents never really had anything against them. My Mum's reponse to anything I say that is Tamagotchi related is usually just 'riiiiiiggght...', accompanied by a look that reads: 'you're weird'. My Dad just rolls his eyes and thinks they're pointless.

My boyfriend has spent the 4 years we've been together getting used to having to share my attention with my Tamagotchis XD He usually whines when we first wake up, and I feed/ play with my Tama before I give him a hug, but he's cool with it :p He's buying me an ID for Christmas ^-^ Actually, three of my collection were bought for me by him :D

Well, my parents don't mind that I play with them. Also, don't you think they're good for teaching you parenting? You DO have to take care of them like your child, right? :blink: So, I don't see why they wouldn't approve.

Tamachick1200

I'm pretty sure my mom hates them. Not because they're annoying, but because of how much money I've spent on them.

Every time she sees me with one she'll ask how old I am xP

I'm currently contemplating how to go about asking her for a nano and ID <.<;

Well, my parents don't mind that I play with them. Also, don't you think they're good for teaching you parenting? You DO have to take care of them like your child, right? :blink: So, I don't see why they wouldn't approve.

Tamachick1200
On the contrary, I think they promote irresponsible parenting and ownership! Hear me out :p

I think Tamagotchis teach kids that to be a responsible parent/ owner you must take great care and pay special attention. But they also suggest that if you negelct to do so, it's not the end of the world.

With a Tamagotchi, you always get another chance- the fact that you can just reset them over and over means there are never any real consequences for neglecting it. This suggests to a child (in a way) that pets are disposable.

Although I should probably add that I also think most kids are sensible enough to know the difference between the type of care a Tamagotchi needs, and the type of care a real pet or young baby needs :)

My parents think I'm too old for them (18, so maybe I am!). My boyfriend makes fun of me all the time, and reminds me that it's just a dumb toy. Hmmm, no one else really knows I play with them. I'm a closet caretaker, I guess. I often pause them when I'm in class or studying in the library, so they're not a major part of my school routine either.

my parents are annoyed cos i talk about them a lot and im annoyying them

My mother thinks I'm to old for them (24) and most other people eighter don't care or get annoyed with them beeping, but I haven't heard anything other then that.

My parents don't approve of Tamagotchi's. My dad says they're a waste of time and money, my mum says, they strain your eyes and that they are just plain annoying. If I want a Tama I would have to work for it

i.e 1xTamaGo = THOROGHLY cleaning my room, cleaning the tiled floors in the house, vaccumng the house :(

It is unfair because the other people's parents don't make them do THAT much stuff for a tamagotchi, some people just beg and they get one or two if they already have about 15!!

<no offence intended>

My school says no to having tamagotchi's at their school, all the school that I go to cares about is the school's image. :rolleyes:

Here is the rule that goes against having Tamagotchi's at school:

8: Cellphones, Walkmans, Discmans, and electronic games are not to be used in the school grounds. These items will be confiscated. The scholl takes no responsibility for any of the above if lost or stolen. :p

Yeah...Sorry, if Im going a little bit off topic :blink:

My mum likes tamagotchi's. in fact she atually owns one :D

Im 15 now and im a boy.. My parents think im to old for tamagotchi and i even play webkinz still. I dont think of tamagotchi as a "Cheap toy that is a waste of time and money". I love them they are so fun i think of them as my actual playmate, companion, and friend. My parents wont buy them for me anymore): they say im to old but, my mom did my me the Tamagotchi+Color for Christmas so that will be cool:)

Ill have to buy my own tamas now...

but i guess thats ok because i love them that much.

And besides that tamagotchi's are such a good stress reliever

I love tamagotchi forever!

My parents love them ^_^ Especially the TMGC+Colour! They bought every tama I have for me! My school dosen't mind them at all! But they are strict about cellphones and things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back