Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I preferred Mametchi's deeper voice in the Channel Go dub.

Anyway this is so exciting! I sent an email to Bandai thanking them for reviving Tamagotchi! We should all do that haha.

Seems that the Bandai UK Facebook site is gonna announce the new tamagotchi friends site today. Don't know if anyone's noticed. First place I've seen an official announcement.

Not that I've been obsessively looking.

^ Yeah, we know that already, we discussed it on the Tamagotchi Collectors group on FaceBook. ^_^

I don't think they'll announce the new site just yet... they just posted a teaser for Tamagotchi Friends. ;)

The site gives the actual toy too much credit, seriously. Only thing TF has to do with the P's are the characters and it doesn't have anything more to do in it than playing games and collecting the jewerly... Until we finally get the Dream Town. I hope it will be a fun completion to the toy... But what will happen after few years, when they discontinue it again? Music Star lost some of it's potential when Music City died, but it's still fun to play regadless...

The site gives the actual toy too much credit, seriously. Only thing TF has to do with the P's are the characters and it doesn't have anything more to do in it than playing games and collecting the jewerly... Until we finally get the Dream Town. I hope it will be a fun completion to the toy... But what will happen after few years, when they discontinue it again? Music Star lost some of it's potential when Music City died, but it's still fun to play regadless...
Remember, it's called "Tamagotchi Friends" for a reason... a big part of the new Tama is the Bump feature and connecting with friends. You can text, send/receive messages, get new Jewelery for your collection and play new games through this feature. That may be why you're finding that there's a lack of things to do.

And that's why I will be getting a second one. I want to be able to use all the features. ^__^

Remember, it's called "Tamagotchi Friends" for a reason... a big part of the new Tama is the Bump feature and connecting with friends. You can text, send/receive messages, get new Jewelery for your collection and play new games through this feature. That may be why you're finding that there's a lack of things to do.
I do realize that, but then again... There's still not that much to do when it comes to connection features. Playing roughly 2 games, exchanging jewerly... Maybe that's where the BFF points go, I hope they do something useful. I know they are supposed to be toys to play with your friends, but still a price is a bit too high for something like that. 20$ would be ideal... They didn't have to add that nfc thing if it was to make it so pricy....

I might be getting a second one if they become cheaper too, though. I am warming up to it.

It kinda does like it's trying to mask how much little new features are put in it besides the connection and the characters which is pretty much all that's 100% new to the English franchise for tamagotchi.

Regardless at least the site makes up for the fact that the TF is lacking the potential of a good version by the photo of what dream town is like I can already tell or at least hope they have made it better than music city and tamatown as that had some flaws as well later down the line when the Tama-go was released.

See Hayden's post. Bad guess at translating on my part.

From the link EMF posted.

German topic Refers to Europe, Japan, North America.

Last edited by a moderator:
TRANSLATION To be honest, this is the first time Google Translate actually did good :p

Today 23 November celebrates the Tamagotchi birthday. To properly celebrate the anniversary , the website tamagotchifriends.com , an interactive game world in the new giant Tamagotchi friends Universe starts . In January 2014, the cult egg then returns with his own personality , 17 years after the first Tamagotchi generation under the name Tamagotchi digital Friend with many new features in the trade back . In time for the anniversary of Tamagotchi Digital Friend is already on pre-order on Amazon.

A little later start at Tamagotchi Friends also the webisodes , which revolve around the adventures of Mametchi , Himespetchi , Yumemitchi and the many other Tamagotchi characters.

In 1997, the Tamagotchi was first used in Germany on the market and triggered a massive hype . Since then, 80 million times has the cute companion , whose name is composed of the Japanese words: Tamago ( egg) and Uotchi (watch / clock ) , sold and begun its triumphant world .

Here's the translation:

Today, 23 November, celebrates Tamagotchi's birthday. To properly celebrate the anniversary , the website tamagotchifriends.com, an interactive game world in the new huge Tamagotchi Friends universe starts. In January 2014, Tamagotchi will return with its own personality, 17 years after the first Tamagotchi generation under the name Tamagotchi digital Friends with many new features in the trade back . In time for the anniversary, Tamagotchi Digital Friends are already on pre-order on Amazon.

A little later the Tamagotchi Friends webisodes will also start, which revolve around the adventures of Mametchi, Himespetchi, Yumemitchi and the many other Tamagotchi characters.

In 1997, the Tamagotchi was first used in Germany on the market and triggered a massive hype . Since then, 80 million cute companions, whose name is composed of the Japanese words: Tamago ( egg) and Uotchi (watch / clock ), sold and begun its triumphant world.

EDIT: Dang both posting at the same time. !_!

Anyway...

I don't think this ships worldwide.

https://www.amazon.de/s/?_encoding=UTF8&__mk_de_DE=%C3%83%C2%85M%C3%83%C2%85%C3%85%C2%BD%C3%83%C2%95%C3%83%C2%91&camp=1638&creative=19454&field-keywords=tamagotchi%20digital%20friends&linkCode=ur2&site-redirect=de&tag=squaregamesyo-21&url=search-alias%3Daps

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and the translation from Amazon

The Tamagotchi digital Friend in cool Dalmatian look is THE individual digital companion - only authentic from BANDAI ! Starting as an innovative virtual pet in the 1990s , the latest version of the original Tamagotchi is now far more than just that The Tamagotchi Digital Friend is the heart of the giant Tamagotchi friends universe and makes it possible for the individual development of a cute Tamagotchi nature not only witness , but also to influence . Beginning with the election of the ice from the hatch the charming Baby Tamagotchi , the election of sex , to the daily feeding, care and employment - each Tamagotchi evolves individually different , depending on the affection of the Tamagotchi parents! As befits a genuine Tamagotchi , would be busy every day of the Tamagotchi digital Friend of course : feeding, bathing , playing, shopping, going out , meeting friends and down and get a gift. This makes each Tamagotchi happy! But even a fancy home has earned the Tamagotchi - in the store to find any furnishings that make the apartment of Tamagotchis ... warm and makes the Tamagotchi a trip into the world of Tamagotchi friends, it will of course stunning look chic! In Tama shop to find the most stylish clothes and accessories that has ever seen the Tamagotchi world. With the 5 brand new mini - games, the Tama - parents can earn virtual gold coins to all those beautiful things to buy Tamagotchi and make it like living in the Tama - paradise. If the Tamagotchi once well supplied , it can also meet other characters of the Tamagotchi friends world and start a family. But after soooo much fun, even the most active Tamagotchi will eventually get tired and lies down to sleep on time every night to give the Tama parents a well earned rest. Since the Tamagotchi is a very friendly and helpful creature in nature , and loves the company of other Tamagotchis , the new NFC technology, the Tamagotchi Digital Friends offers foolproof Sharing content and the meeting of Tamagotchi friends . With the brand new BUMP ! - Function , it is sufficient two Tamagotchi Digital Friends with the back to push each other to be as simple and fast as never exchange rare items , friends, points and even text messages on a cool and fun way before! The gathering of countless new and rare bonus items provides unique long-term fun for young and young at heart fans! The approximately 2.5 cm x 2.5 cm large 4 -level display provides an impressive visual representation of the cute Tamagotchi Tamagotchi friends and his giant world : from the house , about the restaurant , to the shops - the Tamagotchi Digital Friend invites , in one of the most enchanting worlds of all time. To meet the fun and varied content visually justice , the Tamagotchi digital Friend shines in a beautiful new look! The approximately 6.5 cm x 5.5 cm x 3.5 cm Tamagotchi digital Friend in blue with cool Dalmatian pattern combines a unique interactive game world of Tamagotchi friends universe with the look of a hip fashion accessories , making it a more than worthy successor to his legendary predecessor!

You know what would've been a better idea.. If bandai actually released both the TF and the site at the same time I mean don't you think it would've sold better during Christmas than at the start of next year?

The kids will have money to buy them after Christmas/New Years. Meanwhile many parents say "wait until Christmas" and end up not getting whatever item kids ask for or items are "sold out"

I wouldn't mind them being out in the stores, but I would be happy with the Janauary release. (as it seems it will be based on the German site)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back