Bandai UK New Tamagotchi Release!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everybody predicting about the website? Will it be have the same function as TamaTown -connecting with your Tamagotchi and playing online- or will it be a blog similar to the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E website?
While I'd love for it to be a rehashed TamaTown, considering that website was closed down just this year I don't think they would have been able to create a service like that in such a short amount of time.
Well the world is moving toward using phones and tablets for the internet these days and this toy is moving towards a newer generation so I'd think they'd make an app for something like Tama town

This website is more likely to be everything about tamagotchi and the toy like the furby's website

I'm thinking the website will be just that, a website. Such as bandai.com/tamagotchi was for the Tama-Go. I hope that they actually update this website, though. The Tama-Go website was terribly maintained. It didn't even end up getting the TamaWiki which was promised, or the Wave 2 Tama-Go shells and Figures.

I emailed asking Bandai USA if this will come to the States. Waiting for a response, if I even get one that is.

I see some of you have asked about it coming to America...has anyone heard anything yet? I am not sure how I feel about the new tama to be honest, but I love that it is in English, and I love the new shell designs. (A bit puzzled why they did the iD L designs on some..but oh well.)

If it did come to America then one of my dreams will have come true. To see them in stores again.

Also, it would be nice to pay for a tamagotchi at like regular/reasonable price for once and not worry about shipping. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to get one and i'm gonna wait some months to get my tamagotchi P

I see some of you have asked about it coming to America...has anyone heard anything yet? I am not sure how I feel about the new tama to be honest, but I love that it is in English, and I love the new shell designs. (A bit puzzled why they did the iD L designs on some..but oh well.)

If it did come to America then one of my dreams will have come true. To see them in stores again.

Also, it would be nice to pay for a tamagotchi at like regular/reasonable price for once and not worry about shipping. :/
I know a few people have already messaged Bandai America about the Tamagotchi Friends, but as far as I'm aware, nobody has received a response yet.

Myself and furbitchi have also both messaged Funtastic, Australia's distributors of Tamagotchis, in order to find out if they know anything about distributing Tamagotchi Friends within Australia.

No response yet but if and when I get one I will post it.

Thing is, if it never comes to the US, I wonder if we can still order it for importing. Just European shipping is rather pricey, ouch. Or perhaps some local UK member can act as a middleman for buying a reselling? Just a thought.

Excellent news for Australian Tamagotchi fans! :D

I sent a message to Funtastic Limited (Australia's supplier of Bandai Australia products and toys) yesterday inquiring about the release of 'Tamagotchi Friends' in Australia, and today I received the following reply.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for contacting Funtastic.

I believe they have been distributed to Myer and Toys R Us. We suggest contacting your local store to check stock availabilities as I cannot tell from here which store is holding stock.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Thanks Sam,

Kind Regards,

Julia Doyle
So it looks like 'Tamagotchi Friends' should be in Australian Myer and Toys R Us stores very soon. I'm just hoping that this information is reliable. :)

Looks like we were posting at the same time, haha. :p

There were no results for any Tamagotchi on either Myer or Toys R Us websites, although I didn't expect there would be (the product is too new).

I've sent another message in hopes of confirming whether it's actually the Tamagotchi Friends by inquiring whether the Tamagotchi has a colour LCD screen or not.

Here's my email:

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We have just launched Tamagotchi iDL which is the first color screen Tamagotchi device previously only available in Japan and Asia.
These are available from Myer Sydney and Melbourne City stores right now and will also be available at Toys ‘R’ Us stores from early December for this Xmas only.

Please see below information on the Tamagotchi.

You can also join the Bandai Club online at Bandai.com.au to receive news updates!

Best regards

Bandai Australia

And they sent this picture:
bjabtf.png

... :(
So I guess no Tamagotchi Friends in Australia?

How stupid curse you funtastic and bandai I thought this case they can't have two tamagotchi. Released at the same time so why can't they have just released one or the other I'm sure they knew this release was coming out so why bring tamagotchi idl out when the new friends is out I'm really bummed

Ugh. Trust Funtastic to get our hopes up like that. :rolleyes:

I don't have a Myer or Toys R Us store in my area anyway, so I guess it's no great loss for me. :p

I was thinking that the Tamagotchi Friends may potentially be available in the Reject Shop in the near future... it sells stuff from around the world and I have bought American Tamagotchis from there in the past. It was also the only shop I could find that sold Wave 2 Tama-Gos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back