Bands/Singers You Think Are Overrated

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rihanna

I liked the 2005-2007 Rihanna but now

after that Chris Brown incident she's being all emo gangster.

Paramore&Muse

Twilight just had two kill those bands.

Disney&JustinBieber

olol, enough said.

Jay Sean, LilWayne, Iyaz, Jason Derulo

I swear, if I hear another one of their songs, I will stab someone.

^ I agree with the whole Rihanna thing.

Well, about the 2005-2007 thing. xD

I still like Paramore, but it kind of bugs me about their giant outburst because of Twilight.

Besides, my hate for Twilight is ever so passionate.

I never liked Muse.

I mean, I kind of did a couple years ago, but never really listened to them.

Now I absolutely cannot stand them.

I don't think Cobra Starship was overrated, but Good Girls Go Bad was. Catchy song, I must say, but I hate how everybody 'omg luvs cs!!!!!!!!' because of that one song.

I'm that way with a lot of bands. xD

~Mew

^ I agree with the whole Rihanna thing.Well, about the 2005-2007 thing. xD

I still like Paramore, but it kind of bugs me about their giant outburst because of Twilight.

Besides, my hate for Twilight is ever so passionate.

I never liked Muse.

I mean, I kind of did a couple years ago, but never really listened to them.

Now I absolutely cannot stand them.

I don't think Cobra Starship was overrated, but Good Girls Go Bad was. Catchy song, I must say, but I hate how everybody 'omg luvs cs!!!!!!!!' because of that one song.

I'm that way with a lot of bands. xD

~Mew
I despise people like that, like for instance everyone's like

'OMG OWL CITY IS LIKE THE BEST' when they've only heard 'Fireflies'

Mainstream music back in 2000 - 2004 didn't consist of sex, drugs, money and partying.

Like, I know there some was back then, but not as many as there is now.

^ I absolutely hate it.

Especially when I've been a fan of that artist before they got that smash hit. I feel cheated somehow.

I mean, I feel like they deserve to finally get to that level, but they don't deserve all the fake fans.

I kind of miss the 'old' mainstream. It wasn't, like you said, just sex, drugs, money, and partying.

I admit, I do listen to some songs that do involve things of that sort, because they're fun to listen to and something that I have a good time listening to, but I miss when you could turn on the radio and a meaningful song be on.

Lyrics have always been the key thing in music, for me. So if the lyrics are senseless and stupid, then I see the song that way.

And I think I'm getting off topic.

~Mew

Yeah, title explains itself.
Anyways, the ones I think are overrated are:

Paramore (I like Misery Business and Brick by Boring Brick, the rest of their songs are just bleh)

Lady Gaga (She's such a fake)

Taylor Swift (All her songs are about relationships. Can't she sing about something else? And she sounds terrible when she hits high notes)

AC/DC (A lot of adults like them and so do a few kids in my school. I just think it's overly-repititive and the lead singer sounds awful)

Panic! At the Disco -dodges bullets-

JLS

Basshunter

My Chemical Romance (I like them but they're not as good as people make them out to be)

Jay Sean/Jay-Z/T-Pain/N-Dubz/basically any other of those crap "dance" things

I'll probably think of more later.
I agree with Paramore SOMEWHAT. When Riot! came out, they were so overrated. Now I think they're okay. I don't think Lady Gaga is fake :| And T Swift, well I LOVE her songs but she is a bit overrated too I guess.

You cant diss classic rock...especially AC/DC :angry:

I sooo agree with Panic! At the disco.

Same deal with MCR, they used to be REALLY good but then they got overrated when the Black Parade came out...now they like are epic failing sadly :D But uh yeah its kinda the same deal with paramore plus the failing part. Haha. I would write more but Ive only read what you posted so far.

I'm not sure if I think MCR ever got really overrated, I just didn't like their Black Parade record as much as the other stuff, music-based.

As far as Panic! At The Disco goes, I don't even know. They used to be really good, and Pretty. Odd. was not really a bad record, though it's bad imo in comparison to what they used to do. But, the new Panic! stuff I think is overrated. [new stuff meaning New Perspective only, lmao?]

Until I hear a new record from Panic!, I can't say, though.

Pretty. Odd. was *slightly* overrated, in my opinion.

But I love Oh Glory.

In my opinion, New Perspective is terrible, all aside from the chorus, basically.

~Mew

Latest posts

Back