Braces

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
braces hurt for the first week or so. it is usually when you eat anything hard or clench your teeth. even bread hurts! so eat some yofurt or soft stuff that you dont relly have to chew. but after, you have to fight the pain to get used to them. and be verry carful with gum!!! try to avoid it but if you cant stand it at all, get the gum that comes in sticks. and be carful of gummies! but you can suck on candy and gum if you dont want to risk it! :) :mellow:

I haven't had braces, but judging from what people have told me about them, they're really not as bad as people make them out to be...You can even get the white ceramic kind that you can't see as well. I personally think they look really cute

--leanna

I haven't had braces, but judging from what people have told me about them, they're really not as bad as people make them out to be...You can even get the white ceramic kind that you can't see as well. I personally think they look really cute
--leanna
Well for the first week I had them, I was saying "NEVER GET BRACES, THEY'RE TOURTURE" but now I hardley notice them. ^^

White ceramic? Are those the ones with a white wire?

Well i asked a lot of people if braces hurt, and they all said just the first day. Well ill Probably get them in February, Since i have to get X rays in January. Well I just wanted to know, do they really hurt? And one more thing..do i have to give up gum?
You might have to be a little careful with your teeth, but it'll be ok!

Think about how your teeth will look in the end! :)

I'm going to get them..but not now.

mametchi ^_^

p.s. relax, it's ok, you are not the only person in the world getting braces, so it's fine! ^_^

Im pretty sure braces don't hurt to bad. More then half of the people in my school have them, and by high school they will have a prefect smile :D Only one tooth in my mouth is messed up, and it is on the top on the left side twards the back. The dentist said that i could get braces, if i want to, on the top for like, a month (he said i might be able to get braces on that one tooth XD). But i don't really care. I want to have a great smile!! :D

And changing the color of your braces dosen't hurt at all. They just put a different colored rubber band on it. Painless. You don't need to worry about that :p

*BaBi*

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty sure braces don't hurt to bad. More then half of the people in my school have them, and by high school they will have a prefect smile :p Only one tooth in my mouth is messed up, and it is on the top on the left side twards the back. The dentist said that i could get braces, if i want to, on the top for like, a month (he said i might be able to get braces on that one tooth XD). But i don't really care. I want to have a great smile!! B)
And changing the color of your braces dosen't hurt at all. They just put a different colored rubber band on it. Painless. You don't need to worry about that :(

*BaBi*
Even movies stars have worn braces :D

mametchi ;)

Well i asked a lot of people if braces hurt, and they all said just the first day. Well ill Probably get them in February, Since i have to get X rays in January. Well I just wanted to know, do they really hurt? And one more thing..do i have to give up gum?
That's okay, I'm getting them in February, too! :( :(

actually they hurt for three days, but u get to live on ice cream! ^^

I have them, I have gum alot

they don't really really hurt but they kinda a sting and there is this icky sour cap they shove down your hole and then i have to d=say this one thing:

Don't worry about how your braces hurt because if its that bad you'll have to get rubber bands and they hurt likke a mother giving birth which i haven't done but i bet you've heard of it b4

so don't worry they don't really hurt and on the plus side they give you populkarity points with cliques :angry: itrust me ok.

Did I already reply to this? Hmm.. Oh well...

Yes, braces hurt, but not alot. XD They hurt everytime you get them changed. All you need to do is take some advil and its over with. Good luck! ^^

Oh yeah, I hate braces. They hurt, whenever the are tightened i cant chew for a week, there's only 12 colors too choose from..and that foam thing with the flavor that they put in your mouth to get an imprint of your teeth? It tastes NOTHING like Coca-Cola. XD

I am getting braces on Tuesday...Only top ones. A few months later I have to get bottom ones and Have to wear Rubber Bands (to align your jaw)

And yes. No more gum for me

That's okay, I'm getting them in February, too! :p ;)
No wait, a few days ago, my parents told me that in the Summer, I'm going to get them.

Regards,

TC1200

I do not have braces, but I am sure they will hurt the first few days. You'll just have to get used to them, and it may hurt a bit when you get your braces tightened.

They told me the foam stuff would taste like orange, but it tasted like play-doh. I was told I do have 2 give up gum, and my Mom + Dad won't let me chew it now 'cos I had 2 give it up. I chew it anyways! I've got removable ones at the mo'. They only hurt 4 the first few days, and when U get them tightened. I then have 2 have traintracks, and then another removable one. It's gonna take 2 years, but it doesn't really hurt, so I don't care.

I had braces, but only the top 4. Not I have a retainer. But I'm unfortunately getting them again, but my whole mouth. I don't have to give up gum.

Seems everyone has braces these days..some people really don't need them, and get them anyway. >_>

You don't have to give up gum, you can chew [SIZE=14pt] small[/SIZE] pieces, no problem.

They hurt, but you get used to it. Soup is great though!

x3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back