Bratz?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Really Don't Like Bratz That much..... I Mean You Take off there feet to switch shoes. O.O That's Creepy To Me. I Like Barbies Better. And It's Cool How There Made. So... I Don't Like Bratz as You Can Tell.

Even if little girls wanted to dress like that, it's not like their parents would allow them to. xP

Bratz do look a bit.. odd for children's dolls. xD

I think that they are a bad influence on little girls. Flame me if you wish, but I think that they encourage 5 year olds to waer miniskirts and shirts that don't even cover their belly buttons.

My advice: if you want to make a toy, give it clothes, not underwear.

Bratz are ridiculous. Teaching little girls that they have to wear thongs and wear skimpy half-shirts.

^_^

Go Barbie! Barbie teaches you how to be a doctor, and a vet, and how to raise a family!

Maybe I'm missing something, but what does the last picture even have to do with Bratz?
I personally loved Bratz. I still don't have much of a problem with them. I was a girly-girl, like bratztroxg, and grew up with dolls.

I had like... probably almost 20 Bratz dolls, and the saloon, and the Flashback Fever Bus. My friend Sarah would come over all the time, and all we'd do is play Bratz. We had on going drama-soap-operas going on between all of our dolls. It was like our own little dream world - what we invisioned our life being like when we got older.

I eventually gave all my Bratz dolls away to some lady's kids that my mom works with - they didn't have enough money to afford dolls for the kids. I hope that they enjoyed them as much as I did. ^_^

So no, I don't have a problem with Bratz. They may be a little 'mature' and 'risque', but they don't present much of an issue.
Couldn't have put it better myself! =D

Totally agreed.

I used to love Bratz from when I was 7 to when I was 10, and never dressed like them or even wanted to (I still don't!). I didn't even notice that they dressed sl*tty, I was too innocent!

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I don't get how Bratz influence little girls to dress like skanks. They're just dolls. I happen to love Bratz. I think they're adorable and fun to dress up and create scenarios for them. When I go over to my friend Kaitlyn's house, we always play Bratz in her 5 foot tall doll house. It's fun!

It gives little kids a bad influence, because it influences them to dress like that when they're older....and I agree with you, jinx. The baby's dress in little more than underwear. O.O

1] How is that racist? Racist is when your not nice to a group or a person of another race. [i.e: African American]

2] It's just a halloween costume. It's not like she's wearing it everyday..

Anyway, I don't really like them..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes racist is used to describe skimpy clothing or lots of skin showing.

I'd use a barbie anyday to play with.

But I'm more of a Cabbage Patch person.

Huh, but how? ...And why would they use a TOTALLY different term for another?

Has anyone taken into thought that the age group that plays with brats ends at 9? Girls that age go to the store with their parents, parents pick their clothes. By the time they are old enough to drive and pay and such, Bratz are the last thing they want to look like. I'm sure it's more of what they act like, yeah, but not what they LOOK like.

Huh, but how? ...And why would they use a TOTALLY different term for another?
How is wearing skimpy clothing be racist?

Racist is...

a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
I don't see how skimpy clothing shows racism. That's sexism.

It shouldn't matter if a girl plays with Bratz or not. Not all girls are gonna become sluts and whores from them. It's pretty much like the parents who blame video games for violent children.

Um, no...

I don't see how skimpy clothing shows racism. That's sexism.
... and no.

RACISM: ra·cism

ra·cism [ráy sìzzəm]

n (disapproving)

1. animosity toward other races: prejudice or animosity against people who belong to other races “I am a Muslim and … my religion makes me against all forms of racism.” Malcolm X Speech, Prospects for Freedom 1965

2. belief in racial superiority: the belief that people of different races have different qualities and abilities, and that some races are inherently superior or inferior

SEXISM: sex·ism

sex·ism [sék sìzzəm]

n

1. sex discrimination: discrimination against women or men because of their sex

2. sexual stereotyping: the tendency to treat people as cultural stereotypes of their sex

Ugh, Bratz are frightening... Srsly :angry: They looked like... erm, yeah, I'm not gonna finish that sentence >:x

And then they starting coming out with these Baby Bratz things... those were just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back