Child Abuse

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you been abused by an adult?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I would rather not say

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom slapped me in the chest area one time while she was driving, because I told her to focus on the road, not her cell phone, but then she ran into a truck, I was just trying to help...
My dad has a bad temper, he yells at me and my bro alot.

My older brother hit me in the back in our bathroom one time, and my dad heard the thud it made all the way in the kitchen.

And when I was five, my brother tried to twist my wrist all the way around, my parents got there right before he did though, they heard my screams.

And when I was eight my brother threw me on the couch and tried to break my leg. While we were home alone...
I think your brother has anger management problems... Did he actually break your leg?

well no actually my mum said a few bad words to me and grabbed me hard and slapped me but it had reasonds i would rather not tell

Well, punishment and abuse are two different things, we can all agree on that... but, child abuse comes in many different forms, some of which may only seem like punishment.

On this website you can read the different types of child abuse, some including physical.

https://www.helpguide.org/mental/child_abus...ual_neglect.htm

If you read the part about phisical child abuse you would see that slapping, hitting, beating, pushing, shaking, kicking... ect, [you can read] are all forms of child abuse. Weather minor or major they are all under the same catagory. Weather or not you agree with these are up to you. Opinion and fact are different, but this is a fact. Your oppinion can be voiced here, but please realize that [slapping, hitting...ect] is still child abuse.

"The purpose of discipline and punishment is to educate and to promote development.

To injure, to demean, or to humiliate is to abuse. Violence has no place in child rearing. Remember that you are a big and powerful adult while the child, no matter how difficult or frustrating, is small and dependent." - https://www.family-focus.org/talkback/is%20it%20abuse.htm

If you would like to learn more about the differences between child abuse and punishment visit that site above. I hope this clears this up a bit, but still, to each his/her own. You can agree or disagree but lets all agree to disagree *.*. [Hope that makes sence]

So please lets try not to put others down, but you can post your experiences while reading others. Just don't try to tell others if they are right or wrong bases solely on facts. In other words, don't force you oppinions on other. Just try have friendly fun conversation. -.*

**Edited: Spelling mistakes *.*

Last edited by a moderator:
There's 1 good way for beating a child, because there being bad.

The 1 bad way is because your hurting your child, and your doing it for 1 pointless reason.

There are other ways of punishing your children without beating them. I think that is some of the issues and disagreements here. Also, it is how you grew up. Old fashioned punishments were beatings. Heck, my mom used to be chased around with a wooden spoon when she was young, but that was because my grandma was an immigrant from Ireland and she had a more... hrsh whay of punishment if you would say that.

i've been abused a couple times.... the most recent one was when i was talking back to my mom about how she told me that i should always answer my elders when they talk to me(i've always did) and i finally told her that if i do that why doesn't she do that (its only becuz when i talk to her sometimes she doesn't answer back) and she said it was becuz she was older than me and then i talked back on accident then my dad came in and yelled at me that my mom always answers back(even though she doesn't!) and then he referred back to a fight i had with my mom a couple hours ago becuz i didn't get something that my mom told me becuz she wasn't even answering my question. then my dad yells at me, "your mother has answered your question how can u be so stupid!" i just started walked away then he spanked me and told me to go wash off my tears and then when i'm dryin my face he smacks me with the toothpaste leavin a big stream of toothpaste down my arm then he told me to wash it and pick it off the ground. AND THAT WAS NOT MY WORST EXPERIENCE!!! :(
o god! i was there and it wasn't that bad! your over exaggerating(sp?)! besides that was wen the hole family said u were goin through your "spoiled" phase.

well about me i've never been abused or yelled at(besides the time i cut myself with a knife(i got yelled at) on accident)

*shudders* I have attempted Suicide before, cuz of my dad >.< Sometimes he hurts me to the point were I dont even wanna see him
The few events that made me choke myself/stab myself in the neck

1: My dad refused to leave me alone and kept slapping me cuz I wanted something from my brothers room and wouldnt leave, When he was done my face was red.........all my sheets were torn off my bed, room was freakin torn up....I HAD TO FREAKING CLEAN IT!

2: I was in the living room talking to my mom when I was supposed to be in my room (At 8 pm >.<) My dad heard me and forced me in my room, he refused to stop hurting me and told me "We try to be nice to you!" I reply "Tearing down my door isnt nice!" He threw EVERY LAST MANGA I OWNED AT ME, I had a bad mark on thy back

3: He tore down half of my door (Its covered with Black Plastic now) Without caring about my privacy (Im the only Effin GIRL in the house, my moms a Women)

And he left a mark on my arm from a leather belt before, Shanyce told me "Karen put that away! They might lock your dad up!" I was like "I dont givve F*** What has he done for me"
How sad T.T My Grandma doesnt care about us- She said "I push you till both of you are dead!" :)

How sad T.T My Grandma doesnt care about us- She said "I push you till both of you are dead!" :)
My grandma (my moms's mom, i have two grandmas, the one i hate and the nice one) doesnt care about me either, She broke my arm when i was 4.

Child abuse is a horrible thing. I have noticed so many posts on here about kids saying their mothers or fathers have slapped them if they were bad. This is child abuse and that is illegal and wrong. No child should have to live like that. It makes me sick to read those bad things about kids hating their moms because they hit them and Dads who talk down to their kids. Even parents telling their kids that they are stupid is abuse. It is morally wrong on many different levels and if kids could learn to protcet themselves it would make me so happy.
Here are some websites on child abuse and how to get help:

https://www.preventchildabuse.org/help/reach_out.shtml

https://www.loveourchildrenusa.org/

https://www.kidpower.org/School-age.html

https://www.theresnoexcuse.com/front.html

Lastly here is a site of toll free phone numbers:

https://www.athealth.com/Consumer/issues/hotlines.html

I hope that if you have a problem with child abuse you will get help for yourself. Imagine living like that for the length of your time at home. Please get help for your own sake. It can get better if you find out how to stay safe. I sincerely hope this helped.

Best of luck.
I totally agree with you! However, it is not technically child abuse when your parent gives you a "spank" or "swat" on the behind if you've misbehaved or yells at you or something. But I understand your concern. I wouldn't be able to imagine living like that. Try reading the book, A Child Called It. It was so sad... I bawled! It is by Dave Pelzer, a little boy who was severly abused in California like 40 years ago. *Sniffle* it makes me sad just thinking about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back