Closer to one parent over the other

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyKuchipatchi98

Reaction score
At times, people might feel closer to one parent over the other. Maybe because of a change in appearance or behaviour, or just a cycle.

Would you say you feel closer to one of your parents than the other? I have to say I feel closer to my father. I love my mother, but at times she gets very dramatic and shouty. She has a very short fuse. Dad, on the other hand, is much more understanding and he has a much better temper.

I'm not saying I hate my mother. I just have a closer bond with my father.

Mm.. not really. It's odd but I'm not extremely close to either.

I'm closer to my mum. My dad passed away a few years ago, and for the last bit of his life there was a lot of strain. When my parents first split I was very close to my dad, but he kept me away with the company he chose.

That isn't to say I wasn't crushed when he died, but it'd have been a billion times worse had it been my mum.

EDIT: fixed a typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i guess im more close to my dad, my mom's great but my dad is real cool, also he dosen't get upset too easliy.
That's how I feel, too.

I guess I can't be too hard on Mum though since she's lost her Dad this year.

She is a nice woman aside from her getting stressy, and she does do things for me. Just, you know, she's really difficult at times.

I really don't know who I'm closer to. My relatives say I'm a daddy's girl and that I look like him too,but I have to say,I can either be really nice to my mum. My dad has a longer fuse than my mum and I get into spats with her a lot more. A sum up would be I prefer my dad because he is more patient,but I prefer my mum because I share a lot of interests with her.

My dad is insane.

Bad insane.

He has broken into our house and light Mum's old new boyfriend's car on fire.

Mum and Dad were long separated and Mum had kicked him out the house. He even kidnapped me once.

I'M SO CLOSER TO MY DAD :D . Mum protects me and I love her :) <3

I am definitely a whole lot closer to my Mum.

She does get very emotional and sometimes living with her does get pretty difficult, but she does so much for me, I love her and she deserves the world.

My parents split when I was three. This caused so much stress for my Mum, and my Dad was a complete jerk about it. He moved out, took my brother with him, and left me and Mum there, with no money, no jobs, pretty much nothing. Six months later, my brother got sick of living with Dad so he moved back in with us. My brother and I only ever got to see Dad maybe once a month or so. Now I'm lucky to see him maybe once in two months. And my brother has moved out now, meaning I live with my Mum and only her, so this makes us closer than ever before since she's the only person I can really communicate with in this household, haha.

I don't really like seeing my Dad to be honest, simply because I will never forgive him for all the pain he made my Mum go through. But he is a very down to earth, peaceful kind of person, so there are plus sides to spending time with him.

Im like the oppositeof ruby kuchipatchi my mom understnads me alot and does alot for me and my dad has a short fuse. he came home one day i forgot he got pizza and got a snack already he yelled at me (u dont wanna know how badly and how long he takes he even started cussing at me and i was 11) and my mom she just says we can eat it later :) they split when i was 6 and my sister was 9 and had a custody order ._. so it was daytime with dad until mom comes home from work ._.

I hate both of my foster parents. And both of my real parents. JUSTSAYING.

I am closest to my mum I just love her so much<33 but lately i have been bonding with my dad a lot.

yeah i guess im more close to my dad, my mom's great but my dad is real cool, also he dosen't get upset too easliy.
Nazo, you might be closer to Dad, but for me, im not really close to either...

Both Parents work alot, and Mom got a second job to make more money. Also dad always worked long hours.

So really, i don't have a super strong bond with them sadly. the only people i bond with well are Nazo, My cousins and Friends. When i went to camp, i didn't miss my family at all. i missed my friends. *especially my Crush*.

I've always been closer to my Mom. When I was a kid, my Dad would be at work all day, and didn't get home until I was in bed. My Mom got home around 6, so she and I had time together til bedtime. Now I'm still closer to Mom, since Dad is no longer with us. He passed away in 2006.

I've always been closer to my Mom. When I was a kid, my Dad would be at work all day, and didn't get home until I was in bed. My Mom got home around 6, so she and I had time together til bedtime. Now I'm still closer to Mom, since Dad is no longer with us. He passed away in 2006.
I feel bad for ya.... :(

I'm not really sure what parent I'm closer to.

I live with my mum, and always have. It was fine up until I was about 10, now she yells and argues at me a lot of the time (when she's actually home), and always for the pettiest things, like when I dropped a plate and it didn't even smash. And I usually argue and yell back, which makes the situation a whole lot worse.

My dad, has anger problems too. No wonder I get so mad sometimes So he yells and gets peeved off easily. And he's a lot scarier than my mum, as he basically towers over me by a lot. So I don't dare argue back.

So I'm not exactly close with either of them. But I may be moving in with Dad when I'm 14, idk yet.

Well, when I was younger, me and my dad never got along. My parents have been happily married for nearly twenty years, and they are both great people. But I was a very dramatic child (not in a good way), and a bit too sensitive.

But now, speaking as an adult who's lived four hours from home (only for a month, but that's a long story), and who is preparing to leave the nest again, I can say I'm close with both of my parents. However, I am a major mommy's girl. She is my very best friend, and I can talk to her about a lot of things I'd feel embarrassed to tell my dad.

I was a real daddy's girl until I became a teenager. I got closer to my mum than my dad.

Today I found out I have less than a month left of having my dad around as he's moving. Soon after mum and my brother are moving to where dad will be, leaving me with neither of them. I always thought I'd be able to get by fine if dad ever left, but now it's happening it's really upsetting me.

I was a real daddy's girl until I became a teenager. I got closer to my mum than my dad.

Today I found out I have less than a month left of having my dad around as he's moving. Soon after mum and my brother are moving to where dad will be, leaving me with neither of them. I always thought I'd be able to get by fine if dad ever left, but now it's happening it's really upsetting me.
You have all my support in getting though these times. My parents haven't split but I think I know what it would feel like. Big hugs for you! :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back