Death Penalties.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcat_gal_101

Reaction score
I thought this would be interesting to bring up.

Last month, and eight-year-old girl was abducted on the other side of town. One man was charged with abduction and murder, and and woman was charged with being an acsessory to the abduction.

Many people in my town are now pushing for a death penalty for the two, because they murdered a child.

So, what's your opininon on the death penalty?

I think it's a bit hypocritical to kill somone because they killed someone. Even though they're a criminal and may have murdered someone, they still deserve some sort of life to live, whether they try to change or not.

I don't believe in the death penalty, I mean, what if the person is actually innocent? Then you just killed an innocent person, and the really guiltyperson is still out there. But then, if the person does not die, by the time they get out of jail, they would probably hold a grudge or something and want to kill someone... So I actually don't know...

I believe if their crimes were bad enough and they have plenty of evidence, it's necessary. Like RawryCakes said though, if they accidentally get an innocent person, it would be a waste. That's why I think they need proof.

My view on this subject can be easily answered with another question. Why do we kill people who kill people to show people that killing is wrong?

Honestly, you think giving someone life in prison would be good enough but no; the person who which you are maybe giving the death penalty to is obviously already dead inside if they're killing people. Most people who get the life in prison are 18 years or older so by the time they might get out they would most likely be to old to kill again.

By killing these murderers were pretty much saying that it's alright to kill someone as long as you're doing it for "good" and not "evil."

So no, I do not believe the death penalty to be a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
My view on this subject can be easily answered with another question. Why do we kill people who kill people to show people that killing is wrong?
Honestly, you think giving someone life in prison would be good enough but no; the person who which you are maybe giving the death penalty to is obviously already dead inside if they're killing people. Most people who get the life in prison are 18 years or older so by the time they might get out they would most likely be to old to kill again.

By killing these murderers were pretty much saying that it's alright to kill someone as long as you're doing it for "good" and not "evil."

So no, I do not believe the death penalty to be a good idea.
I agree with what you're saying but think of it this way:

Say someone killed someone very close to you. Let's say he shot someone very close to you like your family. Wouldn't you rather him pay for his crimes and get what he deserves? I believe that if someone kills someone they should get the same thing back. Death.

If the person is innocent (like Weiwei said) that's a whole different story. But say it's the guilty person, I still don't believe in it.

Because once they die, it's over and they go through no more pain. I would rather make a 'torture' penalty or something rather than death. Because if they get beaten, whipped, cut, gouged and stuff, until they die, (I sound so violent o_o) they will suffer for the rest of their lives. Which to me is worse than death.

Remember the golden rule, children... Treat others how you want to be treated.

If you kill, then you will be killed.

When I say 'kill', I'm talking about premeditated murder. If they planned it out carefully, then yes. But if it was in the heat of the moment, then no. If they had the time to think it over, deciding it was what they wanted, then definitely yes. If two people were in a fight, and it started to get physical, and one person whacked the other with a kitchen pan and they died, then that person doesn't deserve death penalty, because they might not be a genuinely sick individual. Just angry.

Remember the golden rule, children... Treat others how you want to be treated.
If you kill, then you will be killed.

When I say 'kill', I'm talking about premeditated murder. If they planned it out carefully, then yes. But if it was in the heat of the moment, then no. If they had the time to think it over, deciding it was what they wanted, then definitely yes. If two people were in a fight, and it started to get physical, and one person whacked the other with a kitchen pan and they died, then that person doesn't deserve death penalty, because they might not be a genuinely sick individual. Just angry.
Nicely put Feebs. Exactly right. I agree 100%

I say bring back the death penalty.

Someone with a very sadistic mind who carries out these acts on people won't benifit from life in the cells. Neither will the taxpayers who are paying unwillfully to keep sadisitc people warm and fed. Kill them.

If it's legal, No one should have to die.

If it's because Someone was mulested, No, It's not the worst thing that could happen.

If It's because Someone Murdered someone, Lifetime Jail.

Cereal killer, SHALL DIE!

I LOVE MY CEREAL!!!! xDDD

I say bring back the death penalty. Someone with a very sadistic mind who carries out these acts on people won't benifit from life in the cells. Neither will the taxpayers who are paying unwillfully to keep sadisitc people warm and fed. Kill them.
Such a cruel, cruel person...

I think if it's 100% factual that you indeed killed another person, you should be killed in return.

Why let someone live when they refused that right to someone else?

Yes, if there is no doubt what so ever that you took a life with no mercy, your life should also be taken from you with no mercy.

What you have willfully done to others should be what shall be done to you.

I agree with FeeBee.

Yeah, if you planned a murder then you should die.

Just not like one of those execution things like they had in the olden days.

And not straight away. Give the killer some time to say goodbye to the world.

I believe in the death penalty only if there is absolutely no doubt that the person committed the murder. Also, if some adult has killed a child.

I agree with FeeBee.
Yeah, if you planned a murder then you should die.

Just not like one of those execution things like they had in the olden days.

And not straight away. Give the killer some time to say goodbye to the world.
Why should the killer get to say goodbye?

Their victim didn't have that luxury. :)

Yeah, and this thing we have with Death Row inmates being in there for decades! What's that all about? That really bothers me.

I believe in the death penalty

Here in England the only crime punishable by death is treason (plotting to kill or killing the king/queen).

If you kill, you deserve to be killed

But, in places with the death penalty, whats with the humane death? Their victim may have been put through torture before being killed, and the murderer gets it easy? That makes no sense.

I think it depends.

I think if you are a serial killer, and have killed many people, you should be executed.

I think if you kill a child, you should be executed.

But, I think if you killed one person, you should be locked up for a LONG time.

Here's why-

I think if you kill one person, you should be put in jail for a minimum of 40ish year. By that time, most people will realize you can't kill another human being and get away free.

If you kill a lot of people, you're screwed. You deserve to die. Life is precious. You just killed multiple people. You caused unbelievable pain, agony, and sadness for the family, friends, and community of that person. People say this is hypocritical, yeah, maybe a little. But when you waste human beings lives, well, in my opinion, too bad for you. You don't deserve to continue on when you just murdered multiple people.

If you kill a child, I have NO mercy or understanding for this. A child. An innocent child, like Victoria Stafford. What did she do to those sick, twisted people? Nothing, thats what. She is a CHILD, a young girl with infinite potential for herself. And all this is now gone, because some idiots decided this would be a thing to do. They should die, they don't deserve the luxury of life, when they just killed Tori, just like that, an innocent, loving child.

I DO agree with the quote "Why do we kill people, to show people that killing people is wrong?" But the unimaginable hurt you caused, by killing multiple people, or a child, its simple cruel and sick.

I'm not saying that killing one person does not cause pain and hurt, it could be done in cold blood, so then, you should be locked up for longer. But I think if there is a long and complicated story with the killing (i.e Victim was about to rape Killers sister, and Killer had to beat him up to get him off, and he died as a result of the injury) they should still be locked up, as killing isn't acceptable, but they should be in there less time, maybe 20 years, depending on the crime.

But really, it all depends, Who was killed, What is the story, and Why they were killed, and HOW they were killed.

This is ALL my opinion, I know I didn't say 'In my opinion very much' but I thought I'd just write it here. This is my humble opinion, Thanks. <3

BTW, this was a long rant, and I'm really sorry if I upset anyone by what I said.

KC8

EDIT- forgot some words.

Well.

If they did do it, then yes.

But I don't know.

Sometimes it can be a relief, welcoming death like that.

If you have a consience.

I think it would be more torturous if for the rest of your life you thought of what you did as you sat alone forever and rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back