Do You Believe In Gay Marriage?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Love who you want to love, just don't get married. Marrige is a religious and sacred sacrament. Marrige is the bond between a husband and a wife. If you a homosexual, and love that person, be together for the rest of your life, I do not agree with marrige for two Homosexuals.
I totally agree.

Wow, I didn't post on this topic yet........well, now I did

IMO, Love who you want to love, just don't get married. Marrige is a religious and sacred sacrament. Marrige is the bond between a husband and a wife. If you a homosexual, and love that person, be together for the rest of your life, I do not agree with marrige for two Homosexuals.
I don't agree.

The way I ALWAYS saw marriage wasn't "A scared bond between a man and a woman" I saw it as " A ceremony to officially bond two people who love each other" I know that's not the exact definition but really, isn't that REALLY what it is? Something to bond two lovers. So why can't gays make it official like straight people? It's just not fair to me. If religion controlled the government where would our country be? Religion is all a matter of opinion. It shouldn't affect every person because not everyone agrees. That's just how I see it.

I think that love shouldn't have any boundaries. Whether it's race, gender, religion, or what...I think that if you genuinely love someone, those things shouldn't get in the way. If two people of the same sex want to marry...I believe that they should be treated the same as a male and female who want to marry.

It just makes the most sense.

Love isn't about restrictions, stereotypes, or fear. Love is love, and when two people are truly in love with each other...it's the most divine, beautiful thing on this Earth.

To cruelly prevent two people from being able to stay together in an unbreakable bond for the rest of their lives just because they're the same sex...is to admit to not knowing the TRUE meaning of love.

Love,

CB

I think that love shouldn't have any boundaries. Whether it's race, gender, religion, or what...I think that if you genuinely love someone, those things shouldn't get in the way. If two people of the same sex want to marry...I believe that they should be treated the same as a male and female who want to marry.
It just makes the most sense.

Love isn't about restrictions, stereotypes, or fear. Love is love, and when two people are truly in love with each other...it's the most divine, beautiful thing on this Earth.

To cruelly prevent two people from being able to stay together in an unbreakable bond for the rest of their lives just because they're the same sex...is to admit to not knowing the TRUE meaning of love.

Love,

CB
I completely agree. 100%

Can I just make it clear that there is a difference between being against gay marriage and being homophobic or against gay people? There is a difference but to me, it seems that the lines between them are being blurred.

For the record, I'm a Christian.

As I said a few pages back I am not a homophobic but am against gay marriage.

I would just like to say that God does love all. He accepts gays and gay relationships but just doesn't like sexual gay relationships.

Just like he doesn't like sexual relationships out of matrimony.

It is a bit like, for example, you're OK (if not a little upset) if your parents/friends smoke but are against them taking harder drugs. I hope that made sense, it was just the best example I could think of.

I was always taught that marriage is the joining of two people who are in love, with the intent of starting a family.

Naturally, it would be impossible for two men or two women to do this together.

If two men or two women are truly in love they shouldn't need a piece of paper to tell them this as they would know it in their hearts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was always taught that marriage is the joining of two people who are in love, with the intent of starting a family.Naturally, it would be impossible for two men or two women to do this together.
Although yes, childbirth would be impossible, other options are intracytoplasmic sperm injection and adoption. There's more than one way to start a family. :D

Love,

CB

Can I just make it clear that there is a difference between being against gay marriage and being homophobic or against gay people? There is a difference but to me, it seems that the lines between them are being blurred.

I would just like to say that God does love all. He accepts gays and gay relationships but just doesn't like sexual gay relationships.

It is a bit like, for example, you're OK (if not a little upset) if your parents/friends smoke but are against them taking harder drugs. I hope that made sense, it was just the best example I could think of.

I was always taught that marriage is the joining of two people who are in love, with the intent of starting a family.

If two men or two women are truly in love they shouldn't need a piece of paper to tell them this as they would know it in their hearts.
I love you.

I am not for it because i felt like god started humans as adam and eve,not adam and bob,ya know? lol! And it might be weird as a kid having like two daddy's or mommy's,u need both.....its hard to explain for me lol anyways yall get my point.

You do have a few points, but,

Just remember not everyone is Christian. Not everyone has the same beliefs as you. Think about this, think that if someone was against something you aren't, and that group of people were standing against it, naturally you'd think that's stupid for certain reasons. But they wouldn't. They'd feel the opposite. Why? Because it's their opinion. Everyone has an opinion on everything. Remember that.

It isn't impossible for two gays to start a family. It is impossible sexually, but there are MANY children out there with no families that I'm sure would rather have two mothers or two fathers rather than none at all.

And if two people ARE truly in love, they shouldn't need paper to prove it. But yet, straight people do it. What about them? Why can't THEY just never get married? They love each other, a paper doesn't change it. Why? Because it not only OFFICIALLY bonds the couple, it makes them actually feel together. It takes them from Boyfriend And Girlfriend to Husband and wife. So why can't it be like that for gays? It's the same thing except Husband and husband or wife and wife.

I am not for it because i felt like god started humans as adam and eve,not adam and bob,ya know? lol! And it might be weird as a kid having like two daddy's or mommy's,u need both.....its hard to explain for me lol anyways yall get my point.
As I stated,

A child who is in foster care with not a father or mother, I'm sure would be glad to have 2 mothers or 2 fathers rather than none at all.

Yeah, but this isn't about needing a piece of paper. It's about having the same rights as a heterosexual married couple.

I've always believed in gay marriage.

To me, marriage shouldn't be a priveledge because you're straight. It should be a right.

I've always gone by the phrase that love is blind and knows no boundaries. To me, when two men or two women aren't allowed to be married, it's a lot like saying a black man can't marry a white woman, or vice versa. I'm not asking for flames on that comment and I'm not saying that everybody thinks like that. I just can't find much difference between the two examples, other than the fact that one plays into religion with a whole lot of people.

i'm all for gay marriage. i don't care what the catholic church says even i myself am catholic. if two people truly love each other don't most express so by getting married? why shouldn't it be ok for two gay people who will probably stay together longer to get married but it's perfectly fine for a straight couple who will most likely get divorced to get married? i thought God loved us all and wanted equal rights for everyone? so what about the gay people? seems to me God is discriminating a bit.

Homosexuals are loved by God as anyone else would be loved.However, according to the Bible it is a sin to have gay sex and gay marrige is not accepted because God created marriage to exist between a man and a woman.

Here... where do I stand on this?

I PERSONALLY side with God and the Bible on the issue, and I would never be able to be homosexual myself.

HOWEVER, I do not believe that the government should shove my beliefs down other people's throats, so I am for gay marrige being legalized.

... Does that make sense?

And thank you TamaMum <_<
So god expects homosexuals to die virgins?

D:

So god expects homosexuals to die virgins?D:
No, I don't think that's what God expects at all :rolleyes:

I think that might be your own provocative attitude more closely related to a point of view that you don't agree with.

I'm not a religious person, but I do read up about the whys and wherefores of various religions so that I can try to make sense out of it all.

If you are a practising Christian, then you will know that God gave you free will. If you want to die a virgin, go right ahead - it is your choice.

If you want to have sex outside of holy matrimony, it's a sin (in God's eyes).

If you want to have sex with another person of the same gender as you, it's a sin (in God's eyes).

There are plenty of sinners in this world. It's all about interpretation of God's word - and (in the end) what your beliefs are and what you want to do with your life.

^Thank you, TamaMum for that great explanation.

As T.M. said, god gave us free will. If you want to do someone, who's stopping you? Now I'm not saying, go kidnap the US president, or kill people, but just that god gave us free will, so it's your choice whether you want to have a gay marriage or not.

It's your choice whether you want to have gay marriage or not, but I don't believe in it. God discribes marriage as a relationship between a man and a woman, not man/man or women/women.

[SIZE=9pt]No, I don't. [/SIZE]

If you would like me to get all religious on you, and state the reasons why I don't, then I will.

But I have reason to believe that most people, who do agree with it, won't like it very much. (;

Edit: What I am going to say, though, is that you can do what you like. God gave us free will, it's our choice to make, but He also made man to go with woman, and woman to go with man.

Wait.. why did I even get mad? I'm not even getting married.

*Head sore*

I can see, everyone should just have the same right as others.

Also, people would feel more comfortable about their selves.

And everyone doesn't believe in what you guys believe.

Will we go to heII? No. Because we're not evil, and it's not like we're doing bad things to others. When I think of hell, I think of something like Hitler.. But I doubt he's probably being punished in the "underworld".

And if we do, so be it.

We don't know the answer to everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back