Do You Believe In Gay Marriage?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've probably already posted in this topic... but oh well.

I have nothing against gay people whatsoever, but I do not think they should be able to get married. Marriage is a biblical thing - one of the 7 sacraments - Holy Matrimony. And originally, only between a man and a woman. Now, since everything is so politically correct these days, they've altered the definition.

I still believe in the old definition, so I do not think it should be right for gays to get married. If they want unite themselves as a marriage would, they can do so, but I think it should be called something else, not a marriage.

Hmm Did i post here...Ehhh anyways

They day you get married should be the best day of your life...Because you are spending it with the person you love And i dont think it should matter what the gender of that person is as long as you love them who cares?

Hmm Did i post here...Ehhh anyways

They day you get married should be the best day of your life...Because you are spending it with the person you love And i dont think it should matter what the gender of that person is as long as you love them who cares?
Exactly.

I don't understand why people think that marriage is a strictly religious ordeal when it's been proven that marriage ceremonies have been around before any of the major religions. Granted, they were primitive and not like the ones we have today, but the concept was the same.

Let's think away from religion for a second.

Those who think homosexuals can't get married because of religious reasons, I'll have to offer some economical views.

In America there is a certain thing called "income taxes" where a person has to give away a portion of their income to the government annually. Generally, if two people live in the same house, they have to both pay individual taxes. However, if two people are married, they are allowed to combine income and pay a lower percentage.

Some people believe that the reason for denying homosexuals this right is the fact that they don't have to raise children, which is a huuuuuge fallacy. Let's look at why:

1.) While they can't now according to U.S law, homosexuals may one day be able to adopt children. There goes the children rearing issue that is connected to this all together.

2.) There are several married couples in the U.S who can't have children or aren't interested in rearing children.

3.) Elderly couples are given the same tax benefit.

Why should two homosexuals be denied of this economic right? Because God is so worked up about two men living together and occasionally having sex that he wants them to pay an extra 10% in taxes?

Now, christian churches should not be forced to wed homosexuals, because those are private institutions. That's logical. However, why can't homosexuals have their own institutions? People keep fighting over the right to the word "marriage", but the word is undefinable because it exists in every single culture. No one religion or ethnicity owns the right to use the word. The bible might say that homosexuals shouldn't get married under the christian definition, but it also says that all other religions are blasphemous. Would you outlaw hindu and muslim marriage if you had the chance? Banning gay marriage is a gateway to a nonsecular union, which has been proven to be responsible for the fall of countries and pointless wars since the beginning of time- keep our democratic system as alive as we can.

Just think for a second: Why am I so concerned about what another person does with their life? Would two men or women getting married effect my personal life or my freedom of choice? Or am I a hypocrite who doesn't believe in giving other people the same choices that I have?

Marriage is about love, it has always been about love. And love cannot be mandated by any religion. :)

I think that there should be no limitations in life unless it is meant to cause harm in any way.

And I don't see why legalizing a love between two gay people would offend or harm anybody in any way.. so why not.

Half and Half I guess.
Marriage to me seems between a man and a women. It's been like that for a long time (Like the definition). I was talking to my mom about this, and I changed my mind, because first I thought gay marriage was okay to me. She said if people allow gay marriage, it will basically destroy the human race over time, and then men could think they could have more than one wife. So basically the marriage definition dies.

I think gay couples are okay, though. They could sign papers to say they live together, or include each other in their wills. In my opinion, there is no problem with that. People can love who they want to love, just not get married.
Same here, because its okay to love whoever you want, but it may destroy the human race. I mean, think about it. A man and a man together is impossible to make a new life considering, having a baby takes a man and a woman. And a woman and a woman together, you still can't get pregnant from that.

It's okay to have your own beliefs, but just think about the human race. Although, there ARE adoption centers...

Temari Nara

Same here, because its okay to love whoever you want, but it may destroy the human race. I mean, think about it. A man and a man together is impossible to make a new life considering, having a baby takes a man and a woman. And a woman and a woman together, you still can't get pregnant from that.
It's okay to have your own beliefs, but just think about the human race. Although, there ARE adoption centers...

Temari Nara
Even if gay marriage was legal, it doesn't mean everyone in the world is going to suddenly turn gay and go marry other gays.

The human race is safe.

^ Why people do they think they "turn gay"?

To me.. it seems like you discovered that you were gay, or you didn't want to admit. xP

I'm PRETTY sure that people who are straight would still exist. Look at Canada, they've legalized gay marriage. Don't see an all gay population there yet.

^Nope. Not where I live. No gay marriage here.

Anyway, nope. I don't believe in it. Marriage is for men/woman. Not men/men, women/women.

^Nope. Not where I live. No gay marriage here.
Anyway, nope. I don't believe in it. Marriage is for men/woman. Not men/men, women/women.
Why?

So just because a man/man can't reproduce, they can't get married?

Answer me this.

Would you rather a gay couple that truly loves each other get married, or a drunken man and women that had just met a couple hours ago to just be divorced the next day? Why?

And for everyone who thinks that the human race is going to die out, it's not.

There are still PLENTY of straight people. Majority of the population on the earth is straight. And do you realize HOW many people there are on the planet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why?So just because a man/man can't reproduce, they can't get married?

Answer me this.

Would you rather a gay couple that truly loves each other get married, or a drunken man and women that had just met a couple hours ago to just be divorced the next day? Why?

And for everyone who thinks that the human race is going to die out, it's not.

There are still PLENTY of straight people. Majority of the population on the earth is straight. And do you realize HOW many people there are on the planet?
But, saying that, the same could happen the other way around. Not all gay marrige is perfect, and not all straight marige is a wreck

im not keeping my reply up here because paper*cut failed to realize my point cause he/she is only 12 or under i suspect

who are you to judge?^^^^^
Who am I?? WHO AM I?

......My name is Skylar, I am 13 years of age, and I am in 8th grade. I am the 2nd out of 5 children born from Paula *insert last name here* and Jhon *insert last name here*

...My fathers side of the family is French and Spanish, While my mother is German and Irish. My shoe size is 9, But I prefer 9 1/2 so I can wiggle my toes. On my spare time I like to play Maplestory, and talk to friends.

When I grow up I want to be an adult, I like to go with the flow.

I enjoy South Asian cultures, such as India.

...........Btw, I leave my key under my mat. (if you know what I mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back