Do You Believe In Gay Marriage?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*removed* I DO NOT BELIEVE IN GAY MARRIGE *removed *

TamaMum edit: This forum is for any mature and sensible discussions unrelated to Tamagotchi. All TamaTalk rules are to be strictly followed - no exceptions, no excuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
*Edit: quoted post and one comment removed*

If you have an opinion, state it more maturely?

Anyway, my opinion has chnged. I do believe in gay marriage. Last time I said I believed in gay relationships but not marriage, but now I believe in both. Love is love, and marriage should prove that bond, and the fact that two people will love each other for eternity

[i'm the 100th voter :3]

Yes.

Because love is love. Simple as that.

Some people have said why get married when marriage doesn't really change the love anyway, it's just the same. But then again, why should straight people get married if it's just the same. It's their right. Some people have said it's disgusting. It's not really, how is it? It's marriage, a beautiful thing of which people would like to do to make promises and show there love for eachother. Maybe being gay isn't your cup of tea, but oh well. It's not affecting you. Should we really run someone elses life the way we want?

Im a big supporter of Gay Marriage. If two people love eachother, they shouldn't be stopped from taking it to the next level.

In my opinion, Banning Gay Marriage is discrimination.

I'm am against Homophobia, and I believe that love knows no gender even in nature (Seriously, the had be reported gay animals, google it)

I am for it :blink:

Im a big supporter of Gay Marriage. If two people love eachother, they shouldn't be stopped from taking it to the next level.In my opinion, Banning Gay Marriage is discrimination.
I agree fully :)

[SIZE=14pt]I Support gay marriage and for those of you that say it will destroy the human race? fft please ever hear of a tiny thing called invetro ( sp? )fertilization or for male gay parents to have a surrogate mother?[/SIZE]

I think if you love someone and want to spend the rest of your life with them, nobody should be able to stop you.

And I have more to say.

As a bisexual myself, I have feelings for people of my gender, and if one day I decide women are better for me, I want to have the right to marry the person I love.

And so do many other homosexuals/bisexuals.

So there. I believe in gay marriage, and in my opinion, same sex marriages and 'normal' marriages are both equally important. I'm saying that because some people who are for gay marriage still think it is lower class than 'normal' marriage.

And that's just not right.

And I have more to say.
As a bisexual myself, I have feelings for people of my gender, and if one day I decide women are better for me, I want to have the right to marry the person I love.

And so do many other homosexuals/bisexuals.

So there. I believe in gay marriage, and in my opinion, same sex marriages and 'normal' marriages are both equally important. I'm saying that because some people who are for gay marriage still think it is lower class than 'normal' marriage.

And that's just not right.
Even though I'm a strong believer of Gay Marriage, I still do think that "Normal" Marriage is probably the best option.

I'm not being bias either.

I don't beleive in it. But that's because I'm LDS. I had a gay friend once, though. He was cool.

Well for me, I think the idea of two men kissing or two women kissing is really creepy. And if I could control the world, all marriages would be between a man and a woman.

But I believe people should be allowed to marry who they want, no matter what their gender is.

Well for me, I think the idea of two men kissing or two women kissing is really creepy. And if I could control the world, all marriages would be between a man and a woman. 

But I believe people should be allowed to marry who they want, no matter what their gender is.
how does that work, exactly?

if you could control the world, you would make a law that directly contradicts with what you "believe in?"

Usually people try to change the world in a way that corresponds to their ideals...

I am for marriage between homosexual couples. I have never been given a reason I consider valid to change my mind on that.

One of the reasons people on the other side of the fence say they are against: "Marriage is between a man and a woman with intent to have a family." Basically, when a homosexual gets married they cant have kids so their marriage is worthless.

I (a straight female) plan on marrying my partner (a straight male) of over four years now sometime in the future. Guess what? We have NO intention of having a family. Zero. Not because we won't be able to either. This is our choice.

Does that mean because neither of us want kids, we shouldn't be allowed to get married?

What about when a straight couple can't conceive for some sad biological reason even if they want to. Is theirs worthless? Should they not be allowed to get married?

Of course not.

Yes.

Even if I didn't, it would be none of my business who other people married.

However, I think it's fine if gay/lesiban couples want to have a ceremony similar to a marriage, giving them basically all of the same rights, so long as they don't call it a marriage.
Nicki, I couldn't agree more. Marriage is a ceremony between a man and a woman, but I have no problem with gay/lesbian people. :)

I find it intriguing that most of the "nos" do not have an explaination. ;D

Anyway.

Yes.

I do believe in gay marriage. Love has no gender. Not allowing someone the right of marriage, which is the bonding of two people in the legal sense, doesn't promote equality...and having something that is very similar to marriage with the same rights is like saying "here, I bought you the cheap chocolate donut because I don't care enough about you to get you the real stuff, even if it tastes similar".

You know, many people cite that marriage is "supposed" to be a man and a woman, because that's because of how it's defined in the dictionary or whatever. Good Lord, homosexuals have been looked down upon in society for so long, can they not just get this ONE little thing to KIND OF make up for all the hate crimes and all of the facades they've had to hide behind? Seriously, "don't ask don't tell" alone should merit some sort of...compensation. You do know that meanings change. Frequently. English is a fickle, fickle language. e_e No one says "ere long" anymore. Ere pretty much died out, but it was once quite popular. The word gay used to just mean happy. lol, ironic. There are more examples, obviously; those are just from the top of my head.

edits

AND GOOD FREAKING LORD.

I didn't see it much on this discussion, really -- then again, I only skimmed.

But isn't Christianity supposed to...uh...promote love? And that seems to be the general opposition. Kinda wonky, eh? Having a ceremony between the same gender shouldn't "DECREASE ITS SACREDNESS HOMG". Elitism is not a good trait to have.

Nope.

'Cause God hate a guy changing himself to a girl or a girl changing herself to a boy.

God create a boy for him to be a boy and God create a girl for her to be a girl.

We don't own our life and body. God only lent it to us for us to take good care of it. So it means that we can't destroy or change our life and body that God lent to us. But we need to take good care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back