Do you believe in GOD?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do you believe in god?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• sorry that's personal

• WHAT IS THAT?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in God.but i'm not that religious.i don't go to church.

I do believe in God, its just that some people use religion to make money. And religion is supposed to help peple do the right thing. I don't go to church.

~Tama_Girl6

Yes I believe in God who lost his only son for all of us. For the fellow peeps who don't... I feel sorry for you. :)
Don't take pity on people just because they think differently. They are entitled as much as you to believe. If I felt like it, I could say I feel sorry for you for feeling sorry for people who don't believe it...but that would be silly :huh: The whole "I feel sorry for you for not believing this" stuff is one of many reasons why I only believe in a higher power, but dunno if it's GOD or someone or something else.

Just thought I'd say that.

I don't believe in the God established by Christianity, if that's what you're asking. I am agnostic, which means that I believe humans do not now and will never have the ability to understand where the Universe came from. All religions are blind faith and there is no true concrete proof for any of them. Granted, that's part of what religion is - believing. But I don't think that we will ever know for sure, and for that reason I do not affiliate myself with any religion. There may not be a god - the universe may have just spontaneously appeared as a molecule in the centre of nothingness and then expanded. By the same token, there may be a divine being that set everything into motion that caused the creatures we know to evolve into what we have today.

One thing that's always bugged me about religion on earth is that it is typically geocentric, in that the earth is the only place in the entire Universe with life according to several religions. It seems like that if there really was a religion out there that was correct and actually described our Universe and the being that controls it, it would take into consideration the countless other civilizations that doubtlessly exist in the vastness of space.

Look at the gods of the ancient Greeks. Nowadays, people consider those to be myths concocted by the Greeks to just explain common phenomena that occur in every day life on the earth. How come the religion of the ancient greeks is now concidered defunkt, but things like Christianity, Judaism, Bhuddism, Taoism, Confucism and Islam aren't? (note: there's nothing wrong with those religions - but they, like the religion of the greeks, are still religions, and they can't all be "right.") They don't use myths to explain every day occurances, but rather they explain why Man should have control over Woman, why slaves should be allowed, and why being gay is punishable by death. Modern society says that these things are not right. But yet, religions that have such statements in their gospel are still considered legitimate. They also explain good things, like why people should be nice and love each other. Something that will always hold true. Religion was formed around the laws and the land put into motion by man, not vice versa. Basically, the Man came before the Religion, and man created said religion.

I know people may not agree. You can believe what you wish. I hope this didn't sound like a flame - sorry if what I said to be fact conflicts with what you believe. But this is what I happen to believe.

I don't believe in the God established by Christianity, if that's what you're asking. I am agnostic, which means that I believe humans do not now and will never have the ability to understand where the Universe came from. All religions are blind faith and there is no true concrete proof for any of them. Granted, that's part of what religion is - believing. But I don't think that we will ever know for sure, and for that reason I do not affiliate myself with any religion. There may not be a god - the universe may have just spontaneously appeared as a molecule in the centre of nothingness and then expanded. By the same token, there may be a divine being that set everything into motion that caused the creatures we know to evolve into what we have today.
One thing that's always bugged me about religion on earth is that it is typically geocentric, in that the earth is the only place in the entire Universe with life according to several religions. It seems like that if there really was a religion out there that was correct and actually described our Universe and the being that controls it, it would take into consideration the countless other civilizations that doubtlessly exist in the vastness of space.

Look at the gods of the ancient Greeks. Nowadays, people consider those to be myths concocted by the Greeks to just explain common phenomena that occur in every day life on the earth. How come the religion of the ancient greeks is now concidered defunkt, but things like Christianity, Judaism, Bhuddism, Taoism, Confucism and Islam aren't? (note: there's nothing wrong with those religions - but they, like the religion of the greeks, are still religions, and they can't all be "right.") They don't use myths to explain every day occurances, but rather they explain why Man should have control over Woman, why slaves should be allowed, and why being gay is punishable by death. Modern society says that these things are not right. But yet, religions that have such statements in their gospel are still considered legitimate. They also explain good things, like why people should be nice and love each other. Something that will always hold true. Religion was formed around the laws and the land put into motion by man, not vice versa. Basically, the Man came before the Religion, and man created said religion.

I know people may not agree. You can believe what you wish. I hope this didn't sound like a flame - sorry if what I said to be fact conflicts with what you believe. But this is what I happen to believe.
That was put better than even my parents said...

And my family believe what you just said, by the way.

i don't dr who helped the world to be made and the racnoss where at the center!!!!

drwhokid

No, I don't believe in god. I'm an atheist but when it comes to religion the most imortant thing isn't belief or not, it's to respect other peoples' side of veiw.

//Yumi

I do- in my opinion, there'd be no world without God. But I respect everyone else's opinion too. :lol:

I have no religion. But with respect, I do believe that when you die, you'll be in your dreams. Like lets say..... You dream to be in a world of pokemon. When you die, you could be there! No-one knows. Dreams sometimes turn to reality. My dreams sometime come true. weird. XD

~SG~

I believe in the God who died a brutal death for me on the cross and raised from the dead, yes.
wasnt that jesus?

any way im a christian and like Rey Mysterio, without go the universe would be out of hand

Last edited by a moderator:
I wont be long ;)

Ok Yes i belive in God.I belive that Jesus Died on the cross 4 our sins.

Jonh 3:16

For God So Loved The Word That He Gave His Only Son,That Who Ever Belive In Him

Should Not Peris But Have Every Lasting Life.

I have another Favorit Vers,but its to long so i wont say it

But yes i belive

**Whin i voted i was SO glad no one put "Whos That??" But i f u dont understand please PM me :D **

But i resect everone eles opinoin

Last edited by a moderator:
**Whin i voted i was SO glad no one put "Whos That??" But i f u dont understand please PM me :D **
Ha! lol!

it would be strange for someone to not know what god is! (except for 6 year olds)

I totally agree with you. I also notice different religions that seem to be against each other, they have the same morals, their higher power is very similar, and yet they fight that one is better than another. This makes me believe some people are just ignorant lol. I honestly wish someday we would all just get along in this crazy world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back