Do you have a dysfunction/disorder/disease...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this thing called VasoVagel Hyperreactivity Disorder. Sounds fancy, no? I really don't know much about it, nor is the internet much help. But I was diagnosed at like 3, and it's pretty much an anxiety disorder. It's weird because preforming in front of about a thousand people doesn't phsae me, but getting in trouble scares me to death. [ & Usually causes an attack ]

I also have slight OCD, but I think everybody has a minor case of it. I like even numbers. Like, with mints, I always have to have 2 otherwise I get really nervous for some reason. Oh, & if something is multi-colored, I must have one of each color. Also, I hate hate hate hate when necklace clasps are showing. It's my biggest pet peeve. My teacher thought it was hilarious that I almost went into a panic attack when she refused to fix it. She was a bxtch...

But yeah.

Oh, && my friend Mikey thinks I'm an insomniac. Woopee.

I think I have ADD or ADHD. I've had a LOT of people ask me if I do, but I honestly don't know. (Judging my behavior, I probably have one of the two LOL)

And I have eczema. It's not a disease (I don't think) but it's genetic. It's basically a genetic-skin-rash that you can't get rid of. Ever. This lotion stuff I use makes the patches go away, but then they pop up somewhere else. It kinda sucks ;)

I think thats it :]

I think I'm a little bit OCD. When I clean my dresser, everything has to be lined up diagonally toward my mirror at almost the exact same angle.

I also always have to split my gum in two when I chew gum. That just might be some weird quirky thing about me and may not have anything to do with OCD, but whatever :D

I also eat ALL THE TIME AND AM ALWAYS HUNGRY, but I look like I'm made of toothpicks xD

I think I have ADD or ADHD. I've had a LOT of people ask me if I do, but I honestly don't know. (Judging my behavior, I probably have one of the two LOL)
And I have eczema. It's not a disease (I don't think) but it's genetic. It's basically a genetic-skin-rash that you can't get rid of. Ever. This lotion stuff I use makes the patches go away, but then they pop up somewhere else. It kinda sucks :(

I think thats it :]

I think I'm a little bit OCD. When I clean my dresser, everything has to be lined up diagonally toward my mirror at almost the exact same angle.

I also always have to split my gum in two when I chew gum. That just might be some weird quirky thing about me and may not have anything to do with OCD, but whatever :)

I also eat ALL THE TIME AND AM ALWAYS HUNGRY, but I look like I'm made of toothpicks xD
Haha, me too X) I'm always eating junk food and microwavable food like Hot Pockets or frozen tv dinners, and somehow I'm underweight.

~

Remember my post: "I remember when I was little (like 9 or 10) and my mom was working (graveyard shift; she worked from about 8 at night to 7 in the morning; grandparents watched over me) I'd be worried sick, picturing her getting into a car accident. I'd make myself stay up really late until about midnight and then I'd call her crying, saying I had a nightmare, when all I wanted was to hear her voice and know she was okay."

Two nights ago, it was raining really hard, lightning, thunder, wind, you name it. My mom had been at college, and she was supposed to be home by 10:30 pm. At 1 in the morning, she still wasn't there. Suddenly the thought came into my head: What if she's in a car crash? I tried not to think that, but the whole scenario unfolded in my head. I was sobbing and sniffling because I had totally convinced myself that my mom was dead. It turns out she stayed at a friend's house because she didn't want to drive in the rain and she was exhausted so she fell asleep. Does anyone know what that is? Like, minor anxiety, or do I just worry too much?

1. CVS or Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (it's rare only 3% of the population has it)

2. Carpal Tunnel (both wrists, numb up to my elbows)

3.Panic Attacks/Anxiety (they last for 24 hours sometimes)

4.Overly large optic nerve in my right eye (also known as Glaucoma)

5.75/75 vision (I had Scarlet Fever as a child it caused my eyes to get bad)

6.Deaf in my right ear (Also from Scarlet Fever)

7. Insomnia (I suffer every night)

I also had Cat Scratch Fever when I was 5 and almost died, they had never seen a case of Cat Scratch Fever before, they also hadn't seen Scarlet Fever in I don't know how long. Both times the Doctors were stumped and couldn't figure out how I contracted either illness.

I used to suffer from depression.

Right now though...

1. Social anxiety disorder

2. ADD

3. Strabismus

4. Neurofibromatosis

5. I think I might be dyslexic.

6. I might also be an Aspie.

7. I have chronic tension-type headache.

8. I have a sleeping disorder, but I forget what it's called. >.<

9. Eh, if this counts, I also have this thing called visual snow. I also have a few other things kind-of-not-really related to VS too. Halos, starbursts, and a couple other things I can't remember the name of.

I suffer from Asperger's Syndrome. That's a form of autism.

I've probably had it most of my life, but I only got diagnosed with it when I was 11. (I'm 15+1/2 now)

It's the reason why I don't leave the house very much. I get nervous when I'm in public. I think that condition is called Selective Mutism? I read that that's a common symptom of Asperger's Syndrome.

Before I got diagnosed, my parents just thought I was lazy.

It's the reason why I don't leave the house very much. I get nervous when I'm in public. I think that condition is called Selective Mutism? I read that that's a common symptom of Asperger's Syndrome.Before I got diagnosed, my parents just thought I was lazy.
Selective mutism is when a person is unable to talk at all in certain situations.

If you get nervous in public, it could be social anxiety.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome when I was six but mum didn't tell me until I was ten. Even then, she didn't actually tell me, she told someone else and I just happened to be sitting there. When she said it I was like "Why didn't you tell me?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Selective mutism is when a person is unable to talk at all in certain situations.If you get nervous in public, it could be social anxiety.
Oh, right.

My whole life, I've had that problem. It's why my parents think I might have had Asperger's all my life. Before that, my parents just thought it was because I was lazy. They were always pestering me to start going out more, and all that stuff. They signed me up for counseling with this special social doctor when I was 10. She was a really nice woman. :D It was through all that stuff where I got diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome by the time I turned 11. That woman had known loads of other autistic people. My Mum told me that she was really surprised when she was told.

Thinking about that, it does explain why they suddenly stopped trying to make me play outside all the time.

Going outside has been difficult since the age of twelve, because that's when I moved back to England. I moved to Norway when I was six, and I came back only a few years ago. It's a lot easier to live in Norway, because it's safer and the people are nicer. My Asperger's is one of the reasons why my parents think that moving back to England was a mistake (along with many other reasons!).

1. CVS or Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (it's rare only 3% of the population has it)
girl i know how it feels. i had CVS too. its sucks :( luckily it went away about 3 years ago for me :D i still get the headaches really easily.

heres what happens when u have cvs: you throw up all the time..major headaches. mine were soo bad that i couldn't move without throwing up..ur dizzy alot..u miss alot of school..i even threw up at school and practically passed out in the lunch line and couldnt walk. the teachers had to help me. i even missed my birthday. the last time i had one was on my birthday. 3 years ago. Anyone that doesnt have it is luckky :D

-CVS

-possible depression

-major headaches

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was little, maybe about four or five, I wouldn't talk. Like, at all. Sometimes not even in front of my parents. I was held back a year because of it. Now I apparently talk too much to my friends and close relatives, but when I'm around people I don't know that well I'm always too scared to talk to them and I have absolutely no idea why. I'm not the most popular person in school as a result of this, as well as other stuff I can't be bothered going into right now xD. I do have a really high temper though, and, to be entirely honest, I do often resort to violence which scares my classmates quite a bit because one minute I'd be the freakishly quiet girl who always sits at the back, next minute I'm chasing Callum around the room with a chair. Also, I seem to show signs of Aspergers Syndrome according to this thing I read the other day. Not all of them, but quite a few.

I don't know if this counts, but I think I have a mild form of dermographism. My skin only sometimes goes raised when scratched, most of the time it goes really red for ages, even if it was a light scratch, and I never really draw blood from a scratch.

girl i know how it feels. i had CVS too. its sucks :eek: luckily it went away about 3 years ago for me :lol: i still get the headaches really easily.
heres what happens when u have cvs: you throw up all the time..major headaches. mine were soo bad that i couldn't move without throwing up..ur dizzy alot..u miss alot of school..i even threw up at school and practically passed out in the lunch line and couldnt walk. the teachers had to help me. i even missed my birthday. the last time i had one was on my birthday. 3 years ago. Anyone that doesnt have it is luckky :)

-CVS

-possible depression

-major headaches
Awww, poor you. That must have been so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back