Do you read Manga?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NARUTO!I have the volumes 1-10
Hehe...I've got 1-4...LOL. My friend went to a bookstore, saw volume 300 in Japanese, and wished she could read japanese. But I can't either, so...boo hoo.

When you said someone sounded more adultish.,.....er....OK.....Who was that towards?

Whatever. I Used to LOVE Sailor Moon when I was little....then Pokemon....But always hated Yu Gi Oh.....

I've read all the Angel Sanctuary manga that have been released so far. My ex-roomie owned a collection of manga and that's the only set I got to read before she moved on. I wouldn't recommend for anyone under 16 or 17. It has a pretty deep and convoluted plot at times, not to mention deep occult themes that alot of parents wouldn't want their kids reading.

I also like some of the Vertigo comics (not manga, i know)like Death: The High Cost of Living, (adult only, like most Vertigo comics). I also like Wolverine. I never cared too much for Yu-Gi-Oh TV show. Seems too much like an infomercial for the card game.

My favorite shows:

FullMetal Alchemist (my very favorite)

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun

GITS

Venture Brothers! yay! Love them.

If you loved all mangas.. then you'd read most of them.
Also.. Only ignornt ones bash American made stuff. Mature Mangas fans don't bash American stuff.

Your parents wouldn't let you get Saiyuki or Hellsing.. because of the content. Same with Bastard, Those Who Hunt Elves and others rated 16 +

And also. Not all teens are tenny-boopers; searching for love people as you see depicted in the media.

I am sorry to sound kinda harsh, the frog says his sorries.

But never bash something to make yourself look bad. It makes the frog look sad.
[SIZE=14pt]spoken like a true fan, froggy.[/SIZE]

Yeah, I see that alot. You can tell if

they are an anime wannbe if they say how

great anime and manga are, but they hate

everything else...I hate that! They can also be

a wannbe if they don't even know what a manga is.

I hate it when that happends.

by the way, anyone going to the fanXpo in

Toronto Ontario, canada?

I CANT WAIT! IM going to buy

as much MANGAS as I CAN!

(which will be like 2...maybe a poster too)

[SIZE=14pt]spoken like a true fan, froggy.[/SIZE] 

Yeah, I see that alot. You can tell if

they are an anime wannbe if they say how

great anime and manga are, but they hate

everything else...I hate that! They can also be

a wannbe if they don't even know what a manga is.

I hate it when that happends.

by the way, anyone going to the fanXpo in

Toronto Ontario, canada?

I CANT WAIT! IM going to buy

as much MANGAS as I CAN!

(which will be like 2...maybe a poster too)
I totally agree...I hate wannabes....they think they know what anime/manga is......but they're confused with just normal comics and cartoons. Like.....I'm obsessed with Naruto at the minute, but I still go on with my life.e.......

I have only got a glimpse at Naruto Manga, Seemed cool, So did this book called .hack, Tink, Its fine if you think ur making me feel bad, Ur not Im just used to it :( And true manga means Not Made by any other country then Japan or Asia (Or whatever countrys that make manga) Heh, and I dont bash american stuff, And I wub alot of american stuff, Please lets not fight, Its becoming one of those fights that me and Olber The Scout had, Topics got closed from me SK and Olber argueing

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, its easy to understandwhy! its like 16 up!

But alot of my mangas are 16 up!^.^

But there the best ones! I don't really

like the ones for younger kids. Some of

them are really fruity.
These are the ranks:

Y [Youth, 10+]

E [Everyone]

All [All]

T [Teen, 13+]

OT [Older Teen, 16+]

A [Adult, 18+]

(E isn't used very often, usually it will just say All ages)

And of course I read manga and watch anime, i'm Anime Queen.

These are my particular favourites:

Manga:

1. Furuba [Fruits Basket]

2. Mahou Sensei Negima

3. Kamichama Karin

4. Yotsuba&!

5. Onegai Twins

Anime:

1. Azumanga Daioh

2. Fruits Basket

3. Mahou Sensei Negima

4. Neon Genesis Evangelion

5. Sailor Moon

6. Tokyo Mew Mew

7. Chobits

There is a lot more suck as Galaxy Angel, Di Gi Charat & Love Hina that I like too.

I read Kodocha, Yotsuba&, and Mega Tokyo. Manga RUles!!!!! :blink: :blink: :blink: :D :D :D

I don't read Manga.

In my honest opinion, I don't have the time or the money to go hunting out for some comic. To me, it's really not worth it.

I have thing to do. Homework to finish, and an education to build.

Dang brain... work to my family's standards! ><

I have only got a glimpse at Naruto Manga, Seemed cool, So did this book called .hack, Tink, Its fine if you think ur making me feel bad, Ur not Im just used to it :blink: And true manga means Not Made by any other country then Japan or Asia (Or whatever countrys that make manga) Heh, and I dont bash american stuff, And I wub alot of american stuff, Please lets not fight, Its becoming one of those fights that me and Olber The Scout had, Topics got closed from me SK and Olber argueing
Frog undertsand.

Pure is in it's native tounge. But Manga Manga is English translation.

Naruto is okay... Not really a favourite. It kinda yecko.

Gamerz Heaven is good, but there are only two volumes in English format.

I have only got a glimpse at Naruto Manga, Seemed cool, So did this book called .hack, Tink, Its fine if you think ur making me feel bad, Ur not Im just used to it :wub: And true manga means Not Made by any other country then Japan or Asia (Or whatever countrys that make manga) Heh, and I dont bash american stuff, And I wub alot of american stuff, Please lets not fight, Its becoming one of those fights that me and Olber The Scout had, Topics got closed from me SK and Olber argueing
I saw .Hack in storys and I wanted to

buy it because it looked really good!

Much better then the anime. If you

dont see the start of it. You get so messed

up.

But MeowBark Its ok I was like you when

I was your age. But MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more of a wannbe.

The only things I new was anime and Inuyasha. And maybe

pokemon and that crap. I thought I was such a big shot.

Like oh yeah I rock because I watch this and that! Even

though at that time I did not even know what a manga was.

I think it was my best friend who got me into manga. And

then I found out. Theres more to being a fan then just anime.

So I grew up, learning about more and more.

So you'll grow up soon MeowBark.

I saw .Hack in storys and I wanted tobuy it because it looked really good!

Much better then the anime. If you

dont see the start of it. You get so messed

up.

But MeowBark Its ok I was like you when

I was your age. But MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more of a wannbe.

The only things I new was anime and Inuyasha. And maybe

pokemon and that crap. I thought I was such a big shot.

Like oh yeah I rock because I watch this and that! Even

though at that time I did not even know what a manga was.

I think it was my best friend who got me into manga. And

then I found out. Theres more to being a fan then just anime.

So I grew up, learning about more and more.

So you'll grow up soon MeowBark.
It's like the DBZ fans. GOod anime and manga seem to be theones that aren't mainstream. Everyone has differnt tastes. Never call yourself an Otaku, though. Otakus are insane who spend every penny on anime stuff they don't need. Like a Plushie that costs $100.

Fans just like it and have a level mind on things.

Mmm... I read... Naruto, HunterxHunter, Reservoir Chronicle Tsubasa, Ragnarok, Chobits, Air Gear, D.N.Angel, Midori no Hibi..um...and a couple of more which I can't remember the names of so quickly. They're all good stuff.. ^^

I just had a new obsession, Samurai Deeper Kyo, which I think I already mentioned ("I am a turtle!")

And I just feel like bringing this up.....I hate it when people think they're a fan of anime.....but think that anime and manga are the same thing. They sorta are....but mean different things....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back