Do you remember your first tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my first tamagotchi just a few months ago. It's a V4.5 with a light green shell with black swirls. I saw it at Burkes a little before last Christmas so Mom got it for my stocking. At this point in time, I didn't know what exactly tamagotchis were. I just knew they were a virtual pet from looking at the package. The reason that I wanted a virtual pet at the time was because I was smitten with an interactive web comic called Opivarious Chronometer (which was actually partially inspired by tamagotchis). So I turned on the tamagotchi and named my new baby boy Arzen. He grew up into a celebtchi, and I was very fond of him. I was hooked by then. I got a music star in January, and I'm hoping to get another tama for my birthday. :3

i can JUST remember the day when igot a tamagotchi.... it was lik few years ago and i was out shopping with my nana and me and my cousins saw them and thought they looked really cool so we each got one! I had to ge a camoflage one because that was the only one that was left! :rolleyes: Anyway.. i had no idea ho to work it and it kept on dying a few times but i kept the instructions with me the whole time just incase! :huh:

**TaMaBrIoStAr!**

I remember mine perfectly.

Name: Katie

Lived to: Age 11

Character: Tarakotchi

Version: 1

Colour: Orange and yellow

Got it when I was 8, right before I went to China to visit my grandparents and cousins. I remember playing with it on the plane, and flipping out at my older cousin for stealing it as a joke while I was sleeping. XD

I remember, and still play with, my first tama.

My best friend, we'll call her......Sam (not her real name) was having me over for a sleepover. She surprised be with a birthday present. Guess what it was? A brand new V2 tama! At this point, EVERYONE had a tama in the 5th grade, so of course I HAD to have one. We watched Star Wars, well Sam did and I played on my tama. (strange, because to this day I am a star wars freak) His name was Bill, and he had a propeller head. :p

Holding my V2 makes it feel like three years ago. Before middle school came and I was suddenly the girl with no friends. Before Sam became "popular" and there was no longer a place for me at her lunch table. It just makes me feel like....like I'm happy, and 11 again. That's why it's so special to me ;)

*tamateen* ^_^

The memory of getting my first Tamagotchi is crystal clear. Summer of 1998, just before I started middle school, I was getting ready to move and one day, I went to the mall with my dad because I had a little extra money and I wanted to get something special. We shopped around for a while, and finally we stepped into KB Toys. That was where I found my precious first Tamagotchi. Among the sea of other virtual pets hanging on the rack, there was a lone Tamagotchi box. It was a transparent yellow with black buttons P2. I think I got it for less than $10. I wasn't even out of the mall yet when I first started playing with it. :mellow: I took it everywhere and it kept me company on many trips. Even after 12 years, after graduating from college, I've been hooked ever since. Even my boyfriend is understanding about my Tamagotchi-collecting hobby...he got me a transparent light blue with silver buttons P2, and I love blue. I still have my first Tamagotchi, but sadly, some of the pixels got messed up, among other problems, and now I use it for spare parts. So in a way, it lives on by helping my other Tamagotchis in need, hehe. I do have an exact replica of it that I bought from Ebay and it was a particularly happy find. I have tried the whole Connection thing and for some reason, it's just not the same. I sold the only Connection I had, a V4, and committed myself to solely collecting "old school" Tamagotchis (hence my user name :( ). I'm not saying Connections are bad, and I may be more open to collecting more of the modern ones in the future, but they don't hold the same sentimental value that original Tamagotchis do. I am still hooked on the simplicity of the originals. I am amazed, however, at how much Tamagotchis have evolved ever since their debut, with all these cool new features that keep the idea of Tamagotchi alive and interesting for many to enjoy!

Yes I do, it was over the summer a few years ago... maybe five years ago. I was at a day camp and my younger brother found a tamagotchi on the ground and he gave it to me. So technically the tama never really belonged to me lol. It was a Hawaiin print V2, at least I think that's what it's called... Anyway, I used to bring that tama with me everywhere- to school, on vacation, etc. And then I dropped it in a puddle. :D And it stopped working. :( But I still have it even though it doesn't work. I don't have the heart to get rid of it. :wacko:

I got my first tamagotchi in late 2006, I think (I was 11). It was a V3, and I remember the day I got it very clearly. The power was out in my house, so my mom took me and my sister to the mall. I had just recently heard about tamas so I went into Toys R Us to look for them and I found them! I wanted the black and red one, but some lady grabbed it as I was about to take it... So I picked this one instead, and I hatched it in the food court. It was a girl named Hanah (supposed to be Hannah) and I had no idea how to take care of her but I learned fast. She turned into a Mizutamatchi, then a Patapatatchi, and then I let my friend borrow her, and my friend killed her before she even became an adult.... :ph34r: I was very sad, but I reset it and moved on, and I still have it to this day, on generation 30.

Hmm I think this was back in 4th grade when my neighbors got me hooked to Tamas and I begged my mom for one. I ended up getting a Pink V2 with hearts on it XD Woohoo!

I have a very vague memory of having a clear-shelled tamagotchi in elementary school and getting in trouble for playing with it in class. Don't remember much else, this was many years ago, haha.

I remember my first tama.

My first tama was a version 3 and I'd got it the day before me and my family went on holiday, while on holiday my dad thought I was getting 2 addicted 2 it, so he broke it by throwing it intoa pool

Yah I remember my very first Tamagotchi, a good friend gave me one. I found it odd at first but it turned out to be fun. My brother, who also got one, envied me since I was able to evolve mine into a kuchipapchi while he was stuck with a toddler tamagotchi. Yep, those were the days. Now Im planning to buy a v4 or 4.5 this year. :)

My first Tamagotchi was the old P1 when they first came out in Canada, it was all orange with yellow buttons.

I remember having absolutely NO idea how to use it, but my brother was all "expect" about his yellow-tiger stripes one, and would help me every now and then.

About a few years later, one of my friends had the Gameboy game, and she let me borrow it. I remember the first time I ever seen the Death scene on that game, I was scared shitless.

Even to this day, I can't bring myself to watch that scene again, for some reason.

So after I became scared of Tamagotchi thanks to the Gameboy game, I never touched one again until very recently. Buying a V5 from one of the members here on TamaTalk.

Well, I was a 3rd grader in California at the time, and many people at my school had v1 tamagotchis. I realllly wanted one, so one day after track I begged my mom to buy me one. It was a pink v1 that came with stickers and had red buttons. I tried to name it Casie,but my little sister messed it up and her name was "C A " When I got to school, I noticed almost all my friends had masktchi which I really didn't like. I made a vow to myself that I would NOT get masktchi, and took the best care I could though I was completely clueless. All my hard work payed off, and C A was a lovely healthy mametchi. All my friends were jealous.

p1, it was yellow and purple :/

but it's gone now (I used to live in another country when I was little, and didn't bring it with me to the US)

D< I'm trying to buy a Tama with the same color... <//3

My first Tama was actually not a Tama, but one of the knockoffs. It was some dinosaur and it came in this green egg-like thing that had a shell covering the screen. You pushed a little button and the shell would swing open like a door. It was actually a really cool digital pet because the dinosaur gets so big that it covers the screen. Unfortunately, it was stolen from me and I've never seen that kind of digital pet since :p

My first Tamagotchi was a black one that I found in my desk in school. I turned it into the alien

:D My first tamagotchi was lime green and it was an original that i got wen i was in 4th grade in 1994. It was awsome i took it everywhere and played with that thing forever i also had the nano babies and the talking nano kitty too. So when my neice said that they brought tamas back i was stoked!!! so i started collecting again. BTW if anyone knos where i can get a talking nano cheap plz lemme kno ty

I remember, and still play with, my first tama.
My best friend, we'll call her......Sam (not her real name) was having me over for a sleepover. She surprised be with a birthday present. Guess what it was? A brand new V2 tama! At this point, EVERYONE had a tama in the 5th grade, so of course I HAD to have one. We watched Star Wars, well Sam did and I played on my tama. (strange, because to this day I am a star wars freak) His name was Bill, and he had a propeller head. :eek:

Holding my V2 makes it feel like three years ago. Before middle school came and I was suddenly the girl with no friends. Before Sam became "popular" and there was no longer a place for me at her lunch table. It just makes me feel like....like I'm happy, and 11 again. That's why it's so special to me :D

*tamateen* :D
dont worry about her not being ur friend nemore cause she is popular now... seriously the popular kids i went to high school with now are mostly drug addicts or work in fast food lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back