Do you remember your first tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my first one in 2005 when my next door neighbour had one and I wanted one. I eventually got a blue one for my birthday and I loved it! I used to mate with my neighbour all the time. Sadly this Tamagotchi fell down the drain when I dropped it once. My dad managed to get it back but sadly I do not know what has happened to it since. I've been thinking about ordering a replacement/dublicate of it as I miss it a lot! ;L

I don't really remember how old I was when I got my first one, 8 or 9 I think. I was with my grandfather and my grandmother at a supermarket and we always went into the toystore too look at the toys and I could have something cheap. I wanted a tamagotchi, and my oldfashioned grandfather went up to an employee and said "You got any of those electronic housepets for sale here?" And that's how I got my first yellow tama in 1997. I played with it all the way home and half the day, then my grandmother told me to put it away, so I had to go for 2 days without playing with it, but when I got home, boy did I play with it.

My first tamagotchi was a birthday gift of my friend when I was about 7 or 8 years old. It was a V2 and I played with it for many years. Me and two other friends who had one used to connect them and talk about them at school, good memories. :D

Later on i was shopping with my mam and my eyes crossed a V3, it was the first time I saw one after seeing them advertised. I immediately got it and loved the online concept. I've collected them ever since...

In fact, I remember where I got every single one of my 5 tamas :p

My first Tamagotchi was the V4, I named him Paul and he grew into a Minotchi, since then I've gotten many other tamagotchi versions that I've enjoyed more but none of them will ever be the same as that first playthrough with Paul, I remember shedding a couple tears when he left his baby boy with me and he went back to TamaTown :( . I still have that exact Tamagotchi but it's now broken, any battery I put into it it uses in a day :( .

I remember playing hockey and one of my friends told me to buy one because they were really cool so I did. It was a V2 I think, and I loved it so much I brought to school and everything. I don't have it anymore because I gave it to someone.

My first one was a Stained Glass V4.5 that I begged my mom for one day. It was a while back, and we had gone to the store to find a quick present for my friend. I found them on the shelves and decided that would be good (having no idea what they were but it looked fun) and then I begged for one for myself. I was excited for us to both have one because we could connect.

However, I later learned that she wasn't as "serious" about it as I was and her tamas kept dying over and over again. Then she lost it a few weeks later, then found it, then was too lazy to get more batteries. I still have my faithful tama, raising more and more generations. Sadly, I haven't been able to find any RL friends who currently have one. My one friend who would actually be serious about it went to tons of stores looking for one but couldn't find it :(

In grade 4 (holy ... 8 years ago) my friend walked into class with a v1.. I WAS LIKE WHAT IT THAT. I thought it was the coolest thing. that night I broke into my piggy band and went to Wal Mart and saw they had a pink one and it was amazing and glorious and it never left my side.

My first is my avatar picture. I bought it second hand in 1997 from one of my best friends. That was the seventh grade. I was viewed as a little too old at the time to be playing with one of them, so I used to keep it hidden in my desk at school (yet I was always being caught playing with it). I used to remove the ball chain, so as not to scratch the little guy in my pocket. It went through the wash not once, but twice. I talways bounced back, though, after drying out; and it still works to this day :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My first tama was a V5 celebrity. I got it for my 8th birthday. My aunt said she had one when she was younger. So I started playing with it and the rest was history... I so regret giving it away. I miss it so much. -_-

my first tamagotchi was a v3. i remember going to the electronics store with my mom and picking it out, seeing as a few of my friends had them. after that, i was hooked! however, my house had a fire (a rather minor one, nobody was hurt!) a couple of years after and all of my tamagotchis (including my v3) went missing in action. :(

My first one wasn't a real one. My parents bought me a cheaper knock-off version when I was about 7 or 8. I still remember it very clearly. It was a yellow house with a red roof and a little chimney. Not an egg! But my pet was a little chicken and I loved it very dearly. Though I didn't have it for a long time, since my little brother spilled ice tea on it and it was gone for good. Boy, was I heartbroken. :(

My first 'real' Tamagotchi was (err, is!) a green V5 with hearts on it and a little tamagotchi key chain that I bought.. 3 years ago (?) shortly before I went on vacation with my parents. (This is the charakter on my key chain: ;) I don't know her name yet, sorry!) I played with it until the batteries went out and didn't bother to get new ones.. until this week. I just had a sudden rush of nostalgia, ordered some batteries from amazon and now I am happily watching my 3 teens jumping around. :)

My first Tama I got for christmas when I was young, maybe 7 or 8. I rember it was pretty large, orange, and was a puppy. I loved it but when it died the music was so sad it scared me and I never played with it again. I do not know what happened to it. My parents probably got ride of it.

Im not sure which kind it was but after a lot of googling I think this might be him:
mK74BAP7FoaIBj7UAObhlwg.jpg

I remember it was funny becaus my cuz started byeing them and i was like wat the hay is THAT cuz i thout is was a mini DS and wen i finnaly bought one i had no idea HOW to use it so when it finnally died I asked for another

I remember it was funny becaus my cuz started byeing them and i was like wat the hay is THAT cuz i thout is was a mini DS and wen i finnaly bought one i had no idea HOW to use it so when it finnally died I asked for another

Well. I do remember my first tamagotchi. But my first Virtual pet was a compu Kitty Giga Pet. But my first tamagotchi was a V2 but it was my cousin Tamagotchi. we were like taking turns taking care of it. But when i got into high school i started buying my own tamagotchies.

My first Tamagotchi was a G1, green with yellow buttons. I got one shortly after they were released, but not right off the bat. My first character was a Maskutchi named Eddie, he lived for about 12 to 16 days before departing. I have a Maskutchi plush that I picked up from the local auction a few months ago as a constant reminder of the little guy. :)

Fun fact - I ended up getting Bill (Also referred to as Sam or Gaijintchi by some people) on my second run. I had some help from my brother, but it's still a worthwhile accomplishment. :unsure:

Mine was back in Christmas of 2004 when the Tamagotchi Connexions were first released in my country. I remember getting a Blue with White Dots shell, and my sister got the Yellow with Red Arrows shell. We had no idea how to use them back then! It was such a challenge to even fill up the Hunger and Happy meter, haha. That was the one that started it all for me, from then I got each release that was released in my area, from the V2-V6, the Tama-Go and then started purchasing other Tamagotchis, both vintage and modern Japanese.

So yeah, I do remember my first Tamagotchi, and it's what started off my collection and I haven't looked back. :)

Latest posts

Back