Do you think there should be a V5?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree, mabey they should realease versions less often so they have time to add more characters and features.

does anyone know why they did 4.5 insted of V5?

knightrider

i think they should have one....i think instead of the star or the v4.5 its gona be a heart....but idk?

i think tamas are fine and shouldnt get any more advanced otherwuse they so wouldnt b fun anymore..but lets just see wat bandai cums up with if they do.

Yes, there should be. But, it should be unique and different than the V4.5, V4, etc. because that would upset the tamagotchi fans if it was nearly exactly like a specific version of tamagotchi. That would be pretty boring, because you could just get the version it is similar to with a lower price [probably]. When BanDai runs out of good tamagotchi version ideas, I personally think they should stop making more tamagotchi versions, then.

Yeah, I agree, mabey they should realease versions less often so they have time to add more characters and features.does anyone know why they did 4.5 insted of V5?

knightrider
They only improved V4 because, maybe of the problems in V4.

I think it would be nice to have a v5 but it's up to the company

or whos in charge to decide that.They could possibly make one

because they have gotten this far.

I think they are working on some but thats what I heard

on a different tama website. Anyways I think tamagotchis

are fantastic! So they can keep making them!

I said No. I said this because there is already a v4.5. They should let us get used to this one before they make a new one.

Actually, V4 and V4.5 are the same, the only things that differs are the games and the characters.

[SIZE=8pt]coming up with new ideas can't be that hard. I have heard rumors that the v5 is going to be a familyitchi, where you have to take care of siblings![/SIZE]

As long as people keep buying Tamagotchi's newer versions will be released, Bandai is a large company and I'm sure they have plenty of ideas for future versions of products.

Personally, I don't think there should be. I think 4 versions are enough, and it would be pretty hard to think up a new idea, and actually develop it. What do you think?
[SIZE=10pt]Not yet. the v4.5 just came out. Lets wait till people get tired of v4.5 xD[/SIZE]

Personally I think that they should continue making Tamagotchi's. Not only is it a fun little toy but it's a subtle way of giving kids minor responsibilities. I'm not a parent or anything but seriously the kids these days could need some responsibility. (I feel old ;) ).

When I have children this will be one of the toys they will receive, even if that means I will dig through all my old stuff to find it.

So therefore power to Bandai for milking Tamagotchi for all it's worth.

Yup, why not come out with a V5? But if they come out with a V5.5 or V5.6 or whatever a few monthes after you bought the V5, I wouldn't bother with the other stuff unless its somehting really great.

Like others said, there is nothing too special about the V4.5 and I don't think Bandai should come out with ".5" versions; just makes things a little complicated. I hope they don't in the future! :eek:

I've heard about the v5/Famitama a lot of times now, and I really don't know how I'm supposed to feel about this.

Now that I've read all the posts, some about the v4.5, I remember what my friend said to me once over the phone. She said that kids might buy a Tamagotchi just because it's a new version. They might see the v4.5, saying "It's a new Tamagotchi!! I want it!!" despite the fact that there is very little difference in how you care for it. I don't have one but it sounds just like a v4 under a different skin.

Anyway, back ontopic about the v5.

I've noticed that as the versions go higher the advertisments tend to be focused on "New games!! New characters!!" (even if there are no new characters). On the packaging it has "Now includes 20 games!" It seems as though people have forgotten about the real concept of a Tamagotchi.

I've got another memory: I remember when a girl at school connected with my friend (the same friend I mentioned just then) a couple of times, then my friend said she was sick of connecting. Then another girl said, "She's sick of Tamagotchi!" I said that my friend wasn't sick of Tamagotchi, she was just sick of connecting, and the girl retaliated by saying that connecting is the "only" thing you do with a Tamagotchi.

Thankfully, I read the website about the Tamagotchi Familitchi Connexion and it says there will only be four games. I'm glad.

One thing I don't like about the "Familitchi" concept is that, on the older versions, your Tamagotchi is more of an individual- you get to name it (some people name their Tamagotchi from the 90s, just they have to remember the name), give it some exercise and really get to tend to its needs. Now all the characters appear to act as one (though I don't have a Famitama). I wonder if there's ever a scenario on the Famitama in which one character doesn't like the food when it's time to eat or has an allergic reaction to the food or something like that.

No, I don't think that there should be a V5. This may seem odd, coming from a true tama fan, but honestly. They've taken it too far. They no longer care about the simple, rewarding task of raising a virtual pet. They've created version after version, and they are being loaded down with unnecassary fetures, just to exploit the concept's cash cow potential. Just hear this BANDAI; You've gone too far this time. Go back to the roots of the toy... rediscover what truley makes this toy so mush fun. NO MORE VERSIONS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back