Do you write?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay I might have a small chance! Anyway I think if there's the merical of getting my books published (never gonna happen) I'm gonna be annoymous.

Anyway I don't really take those people seriously either because their just friends and family trying to be nice. I think my chances of strangers liking it are very slim.

I love writing. I was introed to it in first grade, but we started more serious writing in second. I started two books on the comp, but they're real hard to finish. The first one I've knda given up on cuz *complaining again* too hard! I'm too intrested in my new one too. Oh, and because it doesn't have chaps yet, but it's too long to go back and check. Especially when you've only got about thirty min usually for each comp period. AND*still complaining* on mon-thurs i can only do it once usually.

you cant just say your successful. you have to be original. and talented. And there are a thousand other writers out there just like that, who are completely undiscovered- meaning you have a small chance of being discovered.
Its the same with me, though.. a lot of people tell me I'm a good writer, but I don't take them seriously, because I know theres no career for me in writing. theres to many- If I was born to do something like that, than there is no room in the small world for me to be.
Not exactly.

Writing talent isn't something your born with, it's something you learn and develop. I got my writing skills from roleplaying for 2 years... and I can say I'm okay. I'll probably have a sole future in writing, maybe some veterinary. I don't know.

This is the first time I've told anyone, but yes, I do write. I've been working on my 'book' (more like a collection of random stories) for about 2 years now. It's called "Kiwi Strawberry Death Sentence" and it's 135 pages right now. ^.^ I change my work so much, I could probably be twice that if I didn't be such a perfecitonist. D:< Eventually, If I ever finish it (hopefully this summer!), I could post it on blogagotchi, or on here somewhere. ^^

I also write poems and short stories. With poems- more like haiku's, I often find it too difficult to come up with a poem that doesn't sound sappy, ya know? With short stories I just go insane. I type whatever comes into my mind. I think I have on titled "Bottled Water" which is about a speck of dust drowning into a bottle of water. Yes, I am weird.

Um....

Well, doubt is everything. The people I've met who have serious confidence have way too much confidence and are incapable of improving, leaving them with second grade drawings and them thinking its like, the best ever.

Doubt is THE staple for talent developing.

Just wanted to let'cha know.  ^_^
Um, what do you mean by that? :huh: Are you saying that you doubt that I'm even a good writer?!? I AM a REALLY good writer. ALL my teachers have said that. And for this story I wrote in the beginning of grade 6, I got a 5 on EVERYTHING except the ending, because I didn't even finish it (1=lowest, 5=highest). That really was the highest in the class.

I'm not saying that I have too much confidence in my writing abilities. I have confidence in it because everyone around me has told me how good of a writer I am (ALL my teachers, my parents, and my friends).

And at the beginning of grade 5, when I was 10, I took this test. Only the smarter kids in the class got to take it. I took it, and found out that my reading and writing skills were of a 13 or 14 yr old, and I was only 10 at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, what do you mean by that? :furawatchi: Are you saying that you doubt that I'm even a good writer?!? I AM a REALLY good writer. ALL my teachers have said that. And for this story I wrote in the beginning of grade 6, I got a 5 on EVERYTHING except the ending, because I didn't even finish it (1=lowest, 5=highest). That really was the highest in the class.
I'm not saying that I have too much confidence in my writing abilities. I have confidence in it because everyone around me has told me how good of a writer I am (ALL my teachers, my parents, and my friends).

And at the beginning of grade 5, when I was 10, I took this test. Only the smarter kids in the class got to take it. I took it, and found out that my reading and writing skills were of a 13 or 14 yr old, and I was only 10 at the time.
I'm not even 13 and I'm reading college books, writing short novels, and coding HTML, so please do not act like your better than me, thanks.

Public school means literally nothing. Trust me, I have experience.

And no, I'm not saying that I doubt it, well, I do doubt it a bit, but, er, yes.

i write! i love writing!

i write horror, romance, abstract and sci-fi stories....

i try writing comedy...but its kinda hard...

i write stories after music, i make characters based on real people...and in my stories, somebody gives a gift to my character [myself in the story] and its a real thing i actually have in life..

my stories depend on what mood i am in.

and my art depends on it too...

i love art and literature...

im just not good at grammar...XD and sometimes my stories make sence to only myself, because it was written in my own eyes and my own way of speaking...

I'm not even 13 and I'm reading college books, writing short novels, and coding HTML, so please do not act like your better than me, thanks.

And no, I'm not saying that I doubt it, well, I do doubt it a bit, but, er, yes.
*high fives*

I write my own stuff, epilouges for the Megaman team sites I am in and so on.

Most people who tend to say they are a good writer seem full of it to me. People can say they are a good writer to themselves. Others will doubt that, however.

I generally don't write stuff for fun. I usually just write when I have to or when I feel "emotional" but that's not a lot. Probably like... one poem in free time per every five years. :rolleyes:

I do journal though. I find that a great stress relief.

My friend URGES me to write a book. If I ever get around to it, it'll be set in a dystopian future with horrible living conditions. Almost all of earth's resources are sucked dry. Sort of like soylent green, but also very different.

I'm NOT acting like I'm better than you. If you don't believe that I'm a good writer, fine. But WHY?

And how is it bad to say that you (yourself) is a good writer? I only have confidence in my writing because everyone around me says that I'm good. I'm VERY good (not to brag).

I'm NOT acting like I'm better than you. If you don't believe that I'm a good writer, fine. But WHY?
And how is it bad to say that you (yourself) is a good writer? I only have confidence in my writing because everyone around me says that I'm good. I'm VERY good (not to brag).
Everyone has confidence or should have confidence.

However, you sayin' that you are good sounds like a brag. DO you have samples of your works?

Well, confidence is good, but without proof your sounding a bit inflated, is all. :D You actually have too much confidence, in my point of view.

....And what do you mean by that?

Anyway I just found out something. Well my main vampire character is called Kain Black, then I googled his name for some random reason and it turns out there's already a vampire character called Kain T.T. But I was at page two hundred or something so I didn't change the name. But do you think I should?

[SIZE=7pt]I write. Want to see examples, go check my homepage. Read the first one, its my best so far. Sad, but good.[/SIZE]

Edit: Go to the Crack Page<3

@ Missbehave: I woulden't change the name for that. Let it go unless it bothers you.

I do like to write.

I don't rate my writing very well.

My friends find it entertaining and Naomi finds it slightly addictive. [[Which I find slightly scary. O_O ]]

I did get a good grade on my English narrative assignment though.

I think of ideas but I keep my best ones inside my head because I can't find the words to write down what I am imagining.

I joined a fan-fiction forum and am in the process of writing fan-fiction.

Yeah, I write.

I mostly write stories about Sci-Fi, action, adventure, and my own life.

The last story I started was... about a month ago. It was called "Tilpulun", and was about some guy that found a dinosaur (Tilpulun), and then some stuff happens x]

I never got to finishing it. I don't have a long enough attention span. =]

Latest posts

Back