Fake Tamagotchis!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a fake Tamagotchi

• NO

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • YES

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • ???

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I FOUND A WAY TO TELL IF A TAMAGOTCHI IS FAKE! HERE IS A LIST OF DIFFRENCES NOTE : There are no fake Version 2s!
Fake Tamagotchis have less writing and more pics! Example: To turn the light of on a fake version you will press a lightbulb! :)

Fake tamagotchis dont have a connetion screen with 2 love hearts saying Stand By at the top! ;)

PEOPLE WHO SELL FAKE TAMAGOTCHIS SHOULD BE ARRESTED!!! :)
Yes there ARE fake V2's! I bought one!

Don't say anything like that unless you know for sure.

-C.M.

:eek: Forget jail! Make them eat pankakes with Salsa on them for the rest of their life!!!!

I used to have a fake tama! The pixels were huge and the sound was weird!

There would be a light that would turn on when connecting with the infra-red was successful. :angry: :huh: :eek: :eek: :p Ick......the real tamas just say connect! that probaly saves more battery power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On other fake tamas...

When you start playing, you chose your pet from the beginning!

Hilairous.

I once got a fake Tamagotchi.

I seriously slammed in right onto the floor.

Threw it out the window.

And fed it to the dirt.

Just be careful. It WILL be obvious, though, if you see a fake Tamaogtchi.

hey dudes i dont think the sellers should get arrested, maybe they didnt know that what they are selling are NOT real tams...

on a convenience store i found a fake PLUS AKAI! EVEN WITH THE INFRA-RED!!!

sincerely, the best tamagotchi copy i ever saw.

oh and the fake PLUS AKAI had the same japanese package!!

i was going to buy it for my cousin but nah, a fake one is not a s good as a REAL tam.

my v3 had a light to shut off O_O

but the directions where real and nuthin else was wrong :3

honestly, half of the people i see out there selling the fakes say "Tamagotchi Toy" not a real Tamagotchi, they also don't even say anything about the company Bandai, and say "For lovers of Tamagotchi's and children who like these products" which, essentially means, that the tpy is for people that like Tama's, not for Tama Collectors and things like that.

THIS IS NOT TO SAY that there aren't really fakes out there, because there are, but the ones that I have seen have never really claimed directly to be from Bandai. IF, however, they have, then that means that they have broken Copyright, and can be sued/arrested.

Another thing that I've seen, not only here, is a lot of people complaining about fake Tama's that are really just Japanese Tamagotchi's, i.e. the packaging and colors are different, as well as the keyring is sometimes replaced with something like a clasp or a string of cute beads. If someone is asking politely if the Japanese Tama is a fake, that is fine, but what I have seen is people cursing and yelling that the Tama is a fake and is destroying their lives. it's a little bit ridiculous sometimes. This is not saying that everybody does this, I'm simply saying that there are some that I have seen that are overreacting incredibly.

As for it noe being obvious that a Tamagotchi is fake, there are some signs that make it completely obvious. Like, if you see a packaged Tama that looks real, but the Mametchi's little cap is light blue instead of dark blue, or something like that, a pink Violetchi, a yellowish Kuchipatchi, then this is most likely a fake. Generally, people try to not be able to get into trouble by changing something small and saying that the item isn't really a Mametchi, so you should have known, or something like that.

There are also some people that say that the item on eBay or wherever is a Tamagotchi Toy, but it's an egg shaped Gigapet, normally that's just something like the seller really just thinks its a Tama. Don't you remember the days where your parents called them "Tammygoochis" or "Tamawhatzits" some people really just don't know that the item is not a Tamagotchi and thus label the item wrong. Just message them about their mistake.

There are indeed many fakes out there, but most of them are making their own toys and not labeling them Bandai, and thus not really in trouble, and then Bandai cannot really do anything about it. Others can be making thier own toys that have nothing to do with Tama and are really just a keychain Virtual Pet, andd not a Tama. There are those out there, you know? Nano Pets, Gigapets, some even are just ones where you raise a dinosaur or a chicken or something. So, sometimes, just take a breath and calm down before screaming for the cops. Things happen.

Bandai dosen't care about them because they know they dont sell anyways. Thats why they still exist. Bandai knows about them. they dont want to sew them, they don't need to<

I have something so like a tamagotchi it was obviously modelled on it, but it was never claimed to be a tama, just a virtual pet. So yes, I class it as a fake, though really it isn't.

Unless you pay genuine tama prices for a fake, I don't see the problem with the fakes. My buddy gave me 3 of these really bad knock-off tamas. They wouldn't even last a day without resetting. You know what I did with them? I took them apart. Screws and button strips and even batteries from these crappy fakes can be useful in preserving the usability of a genuine tama.

I'm sure many of the tama keepers out there know what it's like dealing with stripped screws. If you have vintage tamagotchi, screws from the fakes make good replacements. And buttons too, same size and in strips of 3, pull them from a fake and repair squished buttons. If they're in strips of 4, carefully trim one away and you've got a perfectly good replacement strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back