Fake Tamagotchis!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a fake Tamagotchi

• NO

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • YES

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • ???

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i saw a fake tamagotchi on ebay.

what i noticed was:

with tamagotchis all around the screen there is that crack border thingie. the fake one had a completely different border.

it had different writing

different font

different icons

it didnt say bandai anywhere on the packaging

i agree tamagotchi was bandais idea no company should steal it ;) :eek: :eek:

the real tamagotchis are way better

Well, I like what most people call fakes but they aren't fakes, they are just various v-pets because they don't clain to be Bandai or anything realated to it, hence they aren't really fake at all

I don't think they're fake unless they are claiming to be the real thing. Any other company that makes virtual pets just wants to give BanDai competition. That's all. If you know the real from the fakeys, you'll be OK.

i saw a fake tamagotchi on ebay.what i noticed was:

with tamagotchis all around the screen there is that crack border thingie. the fake one had a completely different border.

it had different writing

different font

different icons

it didnt say bandai anywhere on the packaging

i agree tamagotchi was bandais idea no company should steal it :angry: :angry: :angry:

the real tamagotchis are way better
Well, I wouldn't be completley certain that tamagotchi was indeed Bandai's idea.

You see, what people are saying, is that all of these other Tamagotchi-like products are fakes. I don't blame you for saying this, because it only shows me what you don't know.

It is more than likley that Bandai saw these adorable, handheld virtual pets, and guessed that they would appeal to the youth demographic. They might have decided to make their own, calling them "tamagotchis." It might have just so happened that Bandai had better market and advertising skills, so Tamagotchi became more well-known and successful. You can't honestly believe that Bandai created the first handheld virtual pet, can you?

Like Barbie Dolls. Barbies were first created not long after Mattel's co-creator saw these plastic dolls in Europe, called "Lili Dolls". It was decided that little girls would like them, so they were introduced into Mattel as "Barbie Dolls". Now how many people have heard of Lili dolls? Compare that to the number of people who know what a Barbie Doll is. Original Barbies and Lili Dolls had virtually no differences. Imagine what would have happened if Lili Dolls were introduced instead of Barbies? Lili would be swimming in cash!

I'm sad to see the abundance of ignorant jail threats and lack of intelligent conversation backed up with facts.

What I'm saying is that maybe, just maybe, your beloved Tamagotchi is a "fake"?

But you know what they say. Mimicry is the best form of flattery. ;)

I guess a lot of these fakes are produced in China, were the real Tamagotchis are also made. It's probably difficult to discover all those fake businesses, so some make it to ebay anyway. Just be carefull and don't buy a Tamagotchi where you can't see a picture in the auction. When you're still in doubt just post a link on Tamatalk, a lot of members know what a real one is supposed to look like.
i thought real tamas were made in japan :wub:

i thought real tamas were made in japan :unsure:
Nope, China.

Incorrect. The tama go does not have a crackly/zig zag border.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually want this fake tamagotchi called a honey lover, because apparently they can reproduce, since you get a boy and a girl. I think it could be interesting trying to take care of them. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back