Friends or Tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like a lot of people have said, if they are your real friends, they wouldn't care. I'm sure that they will not tease because that's how you are and you are who they are friends with. I hope it goes well!!

Loola~

yeah im in the same situation. But i wear my tamas hooked on my jeans, or on a special neck-strap everywhere. If somebody says to me, " You still play with tamagotchis? They're like so childish!" I just say, " What it's fun!" ;)

and they never bother me again. I still get funny looks sometimes. But i guess that's because i look four years older than i actually am. :blink:

What your doing is basically letting your friends decide what you like and dislike. I think you should go up to them and say , "hey, I like tamagotchi , video games , and etc.. and if you guys think thats 'gay' , then go ahead". Being true to yourself is always the right way to go , and you can always make new friends who will probably like the same things as you. Don't let these people drag you down :)

I wish you the best of luck.

Sincerest Regards ,

[SIZE=9pt]GotchiPal[/SIZE]

Well,, I'm 13 now, and for my 13th birthday I was always telling my friends that I was really excited for my birthday present. I wouldn't tell them what I was getting b/c it was a v4.5. Telling them ruind my life but i got over it and made new friends that also play tamagotchi.

Dont tell them. Everyones different. I play with tamagotchis and I think im the only one in the hole school. Im nearly 13 so my friends think im too old ffor them. But unless you want to be bullied for the rest of your life, dont tell them. Im the only one in the school who plays tamagotchis and pokemon and stuff and Im quite a nature lover and do anything to help wildlife like buy badges from a charity for saving wildlife. People think im weird by doing this but i REAALLY dont care. I write storys for when im older to sell (i accidently told my friends and they laughed and told every1 doesnt bother me but it can get annoying) Im not making the same mistake again. I like being different and im proud of what i am you should be so to. But keep a little secret to yourself everyone does including your friends. Hoped I helped :p

Only one of my friends knows that I like Webkinz and Tamagotchis. He doesn't mind, it's just one of my interests.

My school is like a popularity contest so I'll keep it a secret except to my one and only best friend. Maybe you should do the same.

Tell ur best friend. If hes a good friend, he won't mind. But if he's not, then he'll probably laugh and run away. Thats a hard decsion.

One other person I know is always bad mouthing Webkinz and saying they're stupid and pointless but if you tell your friends u play

with them and they don't mind, you have awesome friends.

Sorry for the long post...

Hope I helped :p

don't be ashamed of them! true friends wont care, my besties dont have/raise tamas but they dont tease me or care that i do. i think they would only care if my tamas got in the way of our friendship (ie. if i started not coming to sleepovers or wtevr cause my tamas matchmaker was coming today.) These friends you speak of if they are true friends they wont care about your tamas, your RPing or your video games.

No,if you like and enjoy something you don't have to give it up just because of someones opinion,it dosen't matter what they say just keep playing with your Tamagotchi's and what is so "gay" about an RPG? just keep it a secret and they won't find out.

they arent ur friends if they dont like u playing with tamas why should they care anyways just because u play with them doesnt mean they have to too.boo them if they think ur weird forget them and maybe find new friends that think tamas r cool.AND GUESS WHAT?.....UR FRIENDS R GAY HAH! u should tell them that LOL

So. I have a unique problem, that I want settled.
I have some friends who pretty much think that anything having to do with fantasy, or video games, is "gay". Now, by "gay" I do not, by any means, mean homosexual. It's just what they call it. Anyway, none of them know that I am a common RPer, and I play a lot of video games, and raise Tamagotchis. And, in my mind, I kinda' know that if they find out, then, they probably won't look at me the same way.

Should I be ashamed of my Tamagotchis? Should I choose to tell them/not tell them?

What do you guys think, and do you have a similar situation?
B) B) just ingore what ur friends say, if they were ur REAL friends they wouldn't be calling u anything and they wouldn't mind if u liked tamagotchies so my advice is if they r teaseing u just either walk away or ignore. :wacko: :wacko: :ph34r: don't let them hurt ur feelings if u like tamas thats no problem!! :kuribotchi: :( i would try and find some new friends if ur old ones aren't gonna respect u. :) :) :furawatchi: :furawatchi:

My friends dont really care about what I like, and I don't really care about what they like. I only pay attention to my friend's personalities, and I never assume anything about them just because they like something I don't. I don't like anime and manga, for example, but all except for one of my friends do. But I'm not ashamed to call them my friends and hang out with them (and giggle at them once in a while in a friendly way =P). If anything, it might make your friends closer to you because they will probably still have you as a friend even if they think something you like is weird. =)

I know how you feel. I struggle with the same thing. I'm always embarrased to show others my Tamagotchi, or even ask for one (Mom is pretty cool about it, though). My stepdad and she are always telling me how lots of intelligent, successful adults collect toys, play World of Warcraft, ECT., but I still am afraid that others may think I'm juvenile.

As for your friends, you may have to look closely at exactly why you're still their friend. It seems you may not have a lot in common.

:angry: friends are supposed to support you.

its their problem if they think its "gay". :angry:

WHO GIVES A TAIL FEATHER 'BOUT THEM?! :eek:

:angry: awckwarddd.

In my opinion, I think you shouldn't tell them, but don't hide your tamas, either. When they come over, don't stash them away. Care for them and such. If your friends make fun of you, just shrug it off, and they will eventually stop. This doesn't mean they're not your real friends (though it could), it just means they have different likes and dislikes. *shrug*

Aw that must be terrible it's true if they can't accept you for who you are they arn't your friends. Just play with your tama don't be ashamed! Lol what I do when I feel ashamed of my tamagotchi is I look at it and try and make myself feel guilty about being ashamed of it and think about how it thinks of me then it makes me love it even more and makes me want to continue on with it ^o^ its a very nice trick

Aw that must be terrible it's true if they can't accept you for who you are they arn't your friends. Just play with your tama don't be ashamed! Lol what I do when I feel ashamed of my tamagotchi is I look at it and try and make myself feel guilty about being ashamed of it and think about how it thinks of me then it makes me love it even more and makes me want to continue on with it ^o^ its a very nice trick

friends r just as important as tamagotchies but just remeber if ur friends abuse u for liking tamas just totally ignore them. most of my friends HATE tamas and i mean HATE them whenever i talk about them at school they just go WHATEVER, and really hurts my feelings so i walk away and thats exactly what u should do.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: hope this is good advice for u :) :) :) :) B)

:huh: :eek: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
;) Maybe my views about conforming to a group's beliefs are a bit extreme but....

f*** your so called friends. Like many people have said, if they don't like you for who you are, they don't really like you. So why are you pretending? Why only enjoy yourself in the dark corners of you mind? Are you really such a sheep? Just going along with the herd? :p That's disgusting.

Most of the friends you'll make in this part of your life won't matter to you in a few years anyway. It's really not worth it to deny yourself of being yourself and not living your life as you because of a group of people you want to fit in with. You don't need a giant group of friends to be happy. I have fewer friends than I have ever had right now but because I live by my own terms I'm the happiest I've ever been in my entire life. Even in the face of adversity, if you live true to your heart with true friends you will feel more confident and be able to conquer more obstacles than you ever thought possible.

What is worth more to you? Their opinion or your life? It's a tough decision but you'll have to choose somewhere down the road. Do it now and get it over with. Start finding out who you are instead of how better you can fit in. ^_^

Hello!

If your friends say that RPing and fantasy are gay, they are probably contradicting themselves. How many of them watch TV shows with supernatural elements? How many of them ready fantasy novels? Probably most of them. That, and, your friends probably have no imagination at all. All the fantasy stuff you're interested in can really help with the formation of stories and things for English. They'll be stuck with everyday life situations for storylines, and you'll have awesome fantasy stories!

It's only natural for people your age to reject anything 'childish.' They want to grow up quickly, and be adult. But what's the rush? Being a kid is much more fun than being adult!

I remember feeling a bit childish over my Tamagotchi obsession, and I took mine to school. I bought it when I was sick and decided to take it to school. At recess I whipped it out of my pocket, and all my friends saw it. Suddenly one grabbed it out of my hand thinking it was really cute! Another time I was waiting for Mum to pick me up from school with a friend in 9th grade, and I pulled mine out. She then squealed so loud, and pulled hers out! ;) She's a weird one that one!

I still fiddle around and look after Tamagotchi. Suki the Mimitchi I have now is extremely spoilt. I actually sent photo's of her to a male friend (my ex / best friend) and he said that it was cute, and that I am awesome. :eek:

It just comes down to peoples reactions. If your friends reject you because you like things which are different to them, then that's a pretty sad excuse for a friend. I love all my friends because they are all so different, and your friends should do the same.

Sorry for the long reply, just putting things into perspective. Who knows, one of your friends might have a Tamagotchi of their own! :)

Well who cares what they think? If they were your real friends they would still be your friend even if they knew all of that stuff about you. Thye must be serious people who don't like made up stuff. Hmmm they sound like lots of fun :p
Do NOT be ashamed of them. If you enjoy them don't let those people tel you diffrent.
I totaly agree. if they where your friends they would listen and understand. once i was feeding my tamas and this girl who was younger then me came up and said "tamagotchis are for babys!" then started laughing at me! I almost stopped playing with them but i thought "why let a brat stop my fun?" so I still go on them all the time ;) :D :furawatchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back