Friends or Tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So. I have a unique problem, that I want settled.
I have some friends who pretty much think that anything having to do with fantasy, or video games, is "gay". Now, by "gay" I do not, by any means, mean homosexual. It's just what they call it. Anyway, none of them know that I am a common RPer, and I play a lot of video games, and raise Tamagotchis. And, in my mind, I kinda' know that if they find out, then, they probably won't look at me the same way.

Should I be ashamed of my Tamagotchis? Should I choose to tell them/not tell them?

What do you guys think, and do you have a similar situation?
You're in a pretty awkward situation, aren't you?

You seem to really enjoy video games and Tamagotchis, so by all means DON'T give them up! Don't stop doing something that you like and decide that it's "un-cool" just because someone SAYS that it is! That's peer pressure, doing something or believing something just because your friends do. And it's NOT cool.

Real friends respect your interests and beliefs, even if they're not their own. Oh, and by the way...you mentioned that none of these people even KNOW that you like to play video games. So they most likely don't even realize that they are hurting your feelings! Next time that they say video games are "gay" (I hate it when people use that word to mean "dumb" or "un-cool" ;) ! It's just mean!) or whatever, smile and quietly mention that you like video games. They'll probably be a little embarrassed that they've been ripping on you all of this time, but they'll most likely come out and apologize. Take my advice :eek: .

OMG! be proud of your tamas! They are THE BEST. k? My friends got me INTO tamagotchis. And EveRYBODY plays video games. In some way or the other, they do. Maybe your friends will like your tamas! Maybe they could tama-sit for you :) (well, if you trust them with your little guys ~tee hee~) And if their like, "OMGeez u R lyK, SoO GaY!" be like, "you 2, homo." then laugh. That ALWAYS works. Unless your friends are one of those people who screw the world everyday.

Anyway, good luck :angry:

don't feel bad. be happy. if you want to live your life that way, then do that. you only have one life..

I have the same problem but I am just going to stay positive and be on the tamagotchi side. Some of my friends think I'm 'lame' and 'desperate' for playing with tamagotchis. but I don't care I will always love my tamagotchis.

well said memetchii! my friends dont like tamas but they respect my liking for them. they sometimes joke around about them, but i just ingore it. sometimes they ask how my tamas are doing. its all kinda random

So. I have a unique problem, that I want settled.
I have some friends who pretty much think that anything having to do with fantasy, or video games, is "gay". Now, by "gay" I do not, by any means, mean homosexual. It's just what they call it. Anyway, none of them know that I am a common RPer, and I play a lot of video games, and raise Tamagotchis. And, in my mind, I kinda' know that if they find out, then, they probably won't look at me the same way.

Should I be ashamed of my Tamagotchis? Should I choose to tell them/not tell them?

What do you guys think, and do you have a similar situation?
Well then, If your friends don't like you for having tama, They arn't your friends now are they?

Right there, short-n-sweet, The Truth!

Love

#Phantom#

my friends respect my liking towards tamas, and all of them know that I have them - I cannot really hide them, or better to say, I could not hide them even if I wanted to. I play them at university too to keep up the good care, so there's not really a way of hiding them. okay, some friends say I'm silly, but they always do it in the positive way, and others say I'm childish, but change their minds right after hearing about how "difficult" and also interesting their care became since the first edition. my boyfriend also respects my "silliness" of playing them, and he is also interested in their growth (okay, he would not play them, but that's something different), he often glimpses at them to see what they do.

I think if your friends are real friends they should and will respect your liking towards tamagotchis, and if they say it's either gay or childish than they must not mean it that way - or else I would not say they are true friends, for friends are the ones who like you just the way you are, together with your bugs :)

omg. No offense, but if they are your real friends then they wont judge you. If they do, find someone else who doesn't think that tamagotchis etc are gay.

luv miss peacemaker <_<

Well it depends if you don't like them calling vidio games and fantasy "gay" but i think you should not tell because if he says tamagotchis r "gay" (which they r not!) there is going to be a problem.

Some 5 years ago, I was watching TV with my childhood playmate and I asked her what Nicktoons she didn't like.

"Pelswick...and Invader Zim."

She didn't like Invader Zim while I loved it!

It struck me and I sorta don't give details about my fandoms anymore XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back