Furby 2012!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Furby no longer "learned" anything new for the past 3 months, so when its batteries died out I didn't replace them for the meantime.

Looking to get my interest back with the litter again sometime in the future.

I have 2. Noo-Loo is teal (white fur over blue fur), and Toh-Loo is hot pink. My favorite personality is the lovey dovey (the one with hearts in it's eyes) and the valley girl. Now I can't wait for fall.

I love the furby :wub: to get one of the new generation will wait for September, when they get here in Italy ^_^

I wasn't a big fan of the original furbies but I love the new furby and how expressive they are. Tough guy and sweet are my to favorite personalities I own three and one party rocker. Looking forward to the new stuff coming out.

Last edited by a moderator:
furby-2013-italiano-hasbro.JPG

Italian Packaging *O*

Cool. They are having more languages in each update. So lots of people can play around the world.

I have that purple, white and my aqua color.

I've been having trouble finding new Furbys lately. Are the stores bare everywhere or just in my crappy location?

People just buy them and buy them and buy them. its furbymania all over again.
Agreed. And pretty soon when everyone is done with them, they'll be sold for cheap. Difference is as I've noticed, these new Furbies seem to break much easier.... I've bought used ones online before and had to return at least 3 or 4 of them because they were sold to me broken in some way, be it leaked battery acid that caused it to not work anymore at all, grinding gears and getting stuck in various positions and no longer moving, heck one even had the speaker installed backwards! So the sound was coming out its back instead of the front, was really strange. I ended up reselling it and I did note the speaker issue but it sounded fine, just was kinda... weird.

The original Furbys were not without issues. I had several that had grinding gears or that started making a garbled electronic noise instead of talking or started moving out of synch. A lot of people became angry at Tiger Electronics. People got attached to their Furbys and when they broke they wanted them repaired. But Tiger would only replace the broken Furby with a new one not repair it. There was a petition going around at the time to get Tiger to repair broken Furbys. Nothing ever came of it though. I was horrified to find out that broken Furbys sent back usually ended up in the trash. This includes my beloved Tiger striped Furby who I had to return after he stopped working a few weeks after I got him. I hate the idea of him ending up in a garbage dump somewhere or an incinerator.

Wow... The prices are starting to lower on these furby 2012. About $30 in some cases... Going to go the way the Fijits did. They need some new products or something. A new Furby theme might be fun too.

There's supposed to be an announcement of new stuff in the fall. It was posted on the facebook page that we should look out for new colors and creatures and Hasbro has recently trademarked the name Furblings. Maybe these are a new generation of Furby Babies.

I heard of the babies comming out in the fall. I hope they release something during the summer to hold the fans over. Maybe a game or two to play on the app would be nice. For those without the app, a fun board game, maybe one that interacts with the game. Something like candyland or monopoly would be cool. More accessories too would be nice. As far as I recall only glasses have been made. (then those people make custom online or for their own furby)

Are the new Furbys really as flimsy as i've heard? i really like the look of them but for that £60 price tag I don't want to end up with something thats going to break in a few days?

I wouldn't say so, but Midorime has had her share of iffy Furby land at her door. The ones in my family haven't had any issues. Even with young children playing with two of them at once, they seem fine.

hmm, thank you. I think i'll just order from Amazon so I can return if there is problems. ^_^

The new Furbys are sturdy as heck. I think they use a better grade of plastics than they use on Hasbro's other electronic pets, the FurReal Friends. The FurReal Friends I've encountered are made of really cheap looking and feeling plastic. I have three FurReal dogs I paid about $60 each for and you can feel through the fur how thin and flimsy the plastic is. You can hear it bending and creaking at the slightest touch in places. I'm not sure how sturdy the new Furbs are internally ( mechanics wise I mean ) though I've had no problems with my five, but externally they're pretty solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I just got the bad luck then. :( And I don't know how to properly repair the new Furbies, but I can repair the old ones, mostly the Shelbies. Fixed up some Shelbies I am selling right now, just one needs a new speaker....

I will say though the new Furbies look like a weird pear with ears when you take the fur off. What worries me the most is if the LCD lights go out, then you won't be able to see the pixel eyes.

The eyes going out will probably be a problem eventually. I guess it's a trade off. It makes them more expressive but ten to twenty years down the road it will end up being problematic. You could probably judge how long they'll last by comparing them to 90s Tamas. How big a problem is pixel loss on them? If most of them are okay then most Furbys' eyes will probably last just as long.

The eyes going out will probably be a problem eventually. I guess it's a trade off. It makes them more expressive but ten to twenty years down the road it will end up being problematic. You could probably judge how long they'll last by comparing them to 90s Tamas. How big a problem is pixel loss on them? If most of them are okay then most Furbys' eyes will probably last just as long.
Depends on how they're taken care of I guess. I have various pets with pixels looking as sharp as they did when they were first manufactured, and others that are so dim you can barely seem them. (And they were sold to me that way without the seller telling me about it, it was a huge hassle to even get a partial refund back due to costing too much to send back.) I'm guess that sure, these were made more sturdy, but I've seen a lot of broken ones, too. I guess because kids of today figure hey, it can be replaced, no worries, and just go out and get another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back