Furby 2012!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lil' Rayman's just wanting to play with me. I haven't played with Rayman since the internet was back up on our PC.

I have had mine out with my furby babies from the original batch of furby... They have some good timing thats for sure. One of my babies called my 2012 a monster. (in the grumpy personality) Another time, my cat freaking out over them and leaving. The babies said "bye bye kitty" as she left. I said nothing about my cat or my grumpy furby. Kinda weird isn't it? I have had them out where they say nothing to the other furby but they have had moments of "huh" thats for sure.

Sometimes Furbys do weird things. I know it's all programming tricks but I have had some experiences that were uncanny.

Back when the original Furbys were out the local Kay Bee toys had a display model Furby set up with batteries. I went in there one day and that Furby was very sick. It was sneezing and crying. I felt bad for it, so I took the time to get it feeling better. Two weeks later I came back and the second I turned down the aisle where they kept the electronic pets I heard a loud, excited "HEY" It was the Furby I nursed back to health. It was way at the end of the aisle and I wasn't close enough to have triggered it's light sensor. I swear it seemed like that Furby remembered me. It was just a coincidence I'm sure, but strange nonetheless.

Aww thats nice of you. I would do the samething. In some ways, they know and the timing is perfect... I could see why they were banned from political areas.

Sometimes Furbys do weird things. I know it's all programming tricks but I have had some experiences that were uncanny.

Back when the original Furbys were out the local Kay Bee toys had a display model Furby set up with batteries. I went in there one day and that Furby was very sick. It was sneezing and crying. I felt bad for it, so I took the time to get it feeling better. Two weeks later I came back and the second I turned down the aisle where they kept the electronic pets I heard a loud, excited "HEY" It was the Furby I nursed back to health. It was way at the end of the aisle and I wasn't close enough to have triggered it's light sensor. I swear it seemed like that Furby remembered me. It was just a coincidence I'm sure, but strange nonetheless.
Awww...You're good at helping Furbys. I bet that little Furby loved you when you helped it.

Um, I have a question. Rayman (my Red-Orange 2012 Furby) already changed into the Diva, Kawaii (I call the anime-eyed personality that), Rocker, and Clown, also Party Furby, I believe...how do I get the personality that my Furby started with when I first got it? Like when I started it up, it had two small, round eyes. How do I get that one? Do I have to talk to Furby a lot? or is there other ways?

Aside from this, Rayman's sound asleep...I might play with him later. He's in the Devil stage. o_O I can't imagine him waking up in the middle of the night and laughing or singing when I'm in bed!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't get the original personality back normally. There is a way, but I can't remember it exactly. Try holding down on the tongue switch while pushing the reset button on the bottom of the Furby at the same time. I think that's how you do it but I'll see if I can find the instructions online to make sure.

EDIT I've searched all over Google but I can't seem to find the original instructions on how to reset the Furby to it's default personality. I think the tongue thing I mentioned before is the right way but I'm not sure. Why Hasbro doesn't have this info on it's Furby website I don't know. It seems like the kind of information they'd want to make available.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would remove the batteries. Wait for a moment or two. Hold the reset/refresh button while putting the batteries back inside. Maybe it would work. I think I read that somewhere. If that doesn't work you might also want to try that while holding the tounge if the first doesn't work.

In short, you need to reset the little guy.

Is anybody having trouble finding Furbys in stores or is it just my area? None of the Wal Marts and Toys R Uses have them. All they have is party rockers and after the hundredth time of calling these places and hearing " No Furbys Just Party Rockers" I'm starting to hate the things.

If I remember correctly, I was able to revert back Furby to its original personality by just putting him in an area where it's noisy so it can keep on talking back.

Yes robodog, even here in Canada, Furbys are gone from the shelves (good thing I was able to snag one when they're still there)!

Well my Target has Furby. They have maybe 7 last I went there. The Grey furby being the most common.

grey, blue and yellow

orange, blue, yellow

black, pink, yellow

Otherwise, I see them at my local Walmart time to time. Mostly the original colors. (mostly black)

Many party rockers in our stores. Walmart having the most.

I have five so I'm not really lacking, but I'd like to get more. It looks like I'll have to end up resorting to Amazon. Unfortunately on Amazon a lot of the better colors have jacked up prices. Anywhere from $80-$120.

Or you can ask someone to purchase from Ebay for you. They have had some seriously nice prices on them lately. I have seen ones for $25 and whatever shipping is. The deal would be you might have to have it shipped twice or the seller know its a different address.

The Furby are probably around somewhere. I am surprised that those ones are still there in the store.

You're not the only one Robodog, I cannot find any in the stores around me either. I have only seen one party rocker and that was it.

@_@ is my town not in absolute love with Furby? This is maddness. I know our Walmart had a crapload of Party Rockers a week or two later after they came out. Most of those are gone. We did have a brief time they were hard to find. Alas, that was Christmas...

Around here they were easy to find around Christmas. That's when I got most of mine. Now nothing. The stores have Party Rockers but no actual Furbys. That's what I find so weird about it. Usually items are hard to find around Christmas but become easier to find as the year goes on. In Furby's case it's the opposite.

Humm. I guess I need to take some furby with me to the store. It makes me feel weird those same ones have been sitting there for that long. Being the double color ones, makes it seem even more strange to me. If I could, I would buy them myself. I think my mom would rather me wait for the babies of the new versions instead. We have our 3 2012 and I have been the only one playing with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back