Furby 2012!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^It's a gen1 witch's cat. I have one too, named Koh-Koh.

To me old ones are more fun. Yeah, you can talk to the new ones, but all they answer is "Uh-huh" "Yeah" "Okay" and other things... they are a bit too... human? I'm not sure where I am getting, while the originals are more like pets. I think it's something about the voice...

I understand what you mean. plus the personality swapping of the new ones makes it seem like it has MPD or something.... I like how the old ones go to sleep after a while, too, and then are not disturbed until you tilt them, heard the new ones only sleep when you put them in the dark.

I dunno, the new Furbies seem like a step backwards, especially the Party Rockers.

heard the new ones only sleep when you put them in the dark.
The new Furbys (Furbies?) don't have a light sensor, so they can't tell if they're sitting in a dark room or not. All four of my 2012 Furbies fall asleep so long as I don't shake them around, no matter if they're sitting in the dark of my room at night or in the bright lights of my office. Where the light sensor was on the old ones is just decoration on the new ones.

Really? Huh. I kept reading things where people stuck them in dark places to make them be quiet and sleep.

But really? They don't tell light anymore? Aww. :(

Yeah... I don't understand why companies don't want to use IR in their products anymore. They were a great solution in the old furbies...

New ones communicate either by sounds or some waves. Yeah, more realistic, okay, but functional? Not really.

Well, the old furby creator wasn't monitoring the works on the new furbies, so that explains things. It's like how The Sims brand is now without Maxis (or was, because Maxis came back). Maybe even worse?

Anyway, not that long ago I exprienced that shutting down suddenly thing. Was kind of scary...

Comatose Furby? All my old ones had that. I heard you can take it apart, but I found rocking the base up and down for about a minute jarred them back awake. Something to do with the motor? I also took some lubricant used for metal, plastics, etc, and sprayed into the gears from the ears, eyes, and mouth. That helped a lot, now the eyes don't stick when blinking and glide smoothly, same with the beak.

Other times I thought it went comatose, but it was playing a game. For the life of me I cannot remember it, then it said "Done!" and acted as normal.

I found a decently priced green Furby Baby on Ebay. I think I'll get it. we have a pink and yellow but... eh. Green is my color.

Also debate getting a Shelby. Never had one before, but they're expensive as heck. Would it be better to get a new one or a used one out of box? I would at least like the instructions, but people throw them away. I can't understand throwing that stuff away, the collector in me knows it's worth more complete... with anything really. Was as bad as this one store getting used games, then tossing the case and manuals away and just selling the cartridges. Needless to say, they didn't last long, and this was after the company took it and didn't allow it to be franchise anymore. Shame, really.

I hear you on the Sims, though. When Maxis was out of the picture, I don't know, just seems kinda... meh.

Welp, looks like I'll find out soon enough on the Shelby. Dad surprised me by buying a lot of 3 Shelbies; he managed to negotiate a price on Ebay. I get to pick the one i want and probably will resell the other two. Never really seen these colorations before, too. Going to spruce them up a bit, too, make sure they work and are lubricated properly and all so they don't go comatose.

No, it's not comatose, it's a quirk most 2012's have. They just suddenly fall asleep and wake up in the middle of interacting with them.

But my coffee g4 original furby doesnt wake up at all if i move him, he only wakes up when i press the reset button, but then he comes back immediately to sleep. My tie dye also falls asleep right away, but it can be woke up normally, and after few tries I am able to play with it. No luck with the coffee though...

That's weird. Did you use fresh batteries? Try a hard reset?

I was looking at the 2005 Emoto-Tronic Furbies last night. Never seen them before and don't remember hearing about them getting released back then. However in 2005 I had finished high school, visited Europe, and then started college right after so more than likely I didn't pay any attention...

Are they any good? They seem to be decently priced on Ebay, however I notice their beaks seem to get worn easily, ripped, etc. I assume a cheap rubber was used to make them. So looking around, it seems difficult to find one where the mouth looks good and isn't torn. Any way to keep the rubber fresh and prevent tearing? Some sort of oil that can be used? Are these Furbies worth it? At first i thought they were ugly/creepy, but watching some videos of them, they're kinda neat.

Yes, I did use fresh batteries. That furby was already stated to be broken due to battery corrosion. My uncle took it and made it work, but apparently not well enough...

The emototronics are quite cool, but grumpy. They have cute voice.

I really need to avoid Ebay, lol. I managed to find a 'cheap' 2012 'frost' Furby for under $50 ($44, and that's with shipping added, the Furby itself was only $32), then was looking at the 2005 emoto-tronic versions, found a white one, was going to get it after the seller responded the condition of the beak... only to come home from work for it to be sold. So i decide to look for another one and BAM, literally just listed, a like new one with a spoon and instructions, all grey with blue tummy and head tuft, and lovely green eyes, all in PERFECT condition for $30, free shipping. There was a make offer, but I just jumped on it, seeing as the same coloring was going for 40-50 and since so many of these guys have messed up beaks.

Oh god you all have gotten me hooked on these. D:

I know the feeling... I wasn't particularly interested in furbys, but I liked to stalk this very topic. In the end I succeed to beg my mom for the 2012's one, and then she also allowed me to buy some old ones. Old ones are cheap on allegro, they usually cost no more than 20$.

And this way I have 7 furbys in total, 4 original adults, 1 baby, 1 emototronic and one 2012.

My dad and I had Furbies already from way back that we kept, one regular, one baby, and a Gizmo. Now I have added another baby, another regular, and on the way to me are some shelbies, an emototronic, and a 2012.

I'm also trying to figure out who talks to who. I know the original, the baby, and shelby all talk. Does the emototronic talk with them? Another of itself? And i assume the 2012 only with itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emototronics don't talk with any other version because their own type of communication is weird. (they don't have IR also, obviously).

But when it comes to the new ones, actually they can "talk" with any other versions, because they react to any random noises. They may also start dancing to other furbys talking.

That actually sounds kinda cute. The new ones do actually talk to each other though, right? Like how the originals spoke to each other?

If there's no IR, i wonder how the emototronic ones communicate to each other... (To another emototronic I mean)

I've tried so many times, but I can't get my emototronics to talk to eachother.

Maybe they're just not social. XD

I think the Emototronics may communicate through voice commands since they do respond to certain spoken phrases from what I heard. Never having had one I don't know for sure. There's also the chance they give off an almost silent electronic signal that allows them to interact. I think the 2012 Furbys do this and it allows them to interact with the app and each other. I've heard that some people with good hearing can actually hear the signal. I've heard of a few people who complained it bugged them.

I have good hearing and can hear the high pitch noise TVs give off as well as those high pitch whistles used in electronics to keep cats and such out of people's yards, so i wonder if I'll be able to hear that signal....

And ah okay, guess I don't need more than one emototronic then. :p They're not badly priced either, if you can find one with a decent mouth, which i did. In fact he looks like he was literally just removed from his box.

Yes, it's correct- emototronics react to commands, and commands only.

The instruction says that you have to press their bellies together and pet their backs or something... I don't remember, something weird like that.

Yeah, I am able to hear that noise. But I think they just react to the voices themselves to be honest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back