Furby 2012!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess the Furby grew on my dad and now he bought one. The bright yellow one. Ugh i hate yellow, but hey, after all these years being alive, I found out that dad likes yellow.

...all it needs is red cheeks and it could pass off for being a Pikachu.

Well now you have two to communicate with. Yay! I dare you to cut out some felt and somehow stick it to the cheeks without glue. Maybe the tail a bit more shaped too.

Well now you have two to communicate with. Yay! I dare you to cut out some felt and somehow stick it to the cheeks without glue. Maybe the tail a bit more shaped too.
I was thinking of doing that. XD

Also wanted to ask, when i got my Furby, it was used, and so will be with my dad's but I'm wondering: does anyone's Furbies have droopy ears? I dunno what they did or if it's a manufacturing thing, but the right ear (when facing you it's the left side) always droops, like it's looser than the other, and when the Furby sits up, it always goes back. Anyone else have this on one or both ears? Not sure what's causing it or if the previous people who had it tugged on the ears or something....

Maybe some of the stuff that connects the droopy ear is loose. Maybe there might be ways to tighten the things for the ear to not make it droop?

What kind of Furby do you have?

and When did it happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
2012 Furby, the aqua frost coloring, or teal frost, or whatever it's called. Bought it as a return item a guy was selling it on Ebay as. So it's an open box item someone had, didn't like it, returned it, he got a hold of it and then resold it.

Checked the fur around the ears, nothing seems to be in the way or should be causing it. When sleeping the ears are tightly down, can't move either of them back.

2012 Furby, the aqua frost coloring, or teal frost, or whatever it's called. Bought it as a return item a guy was selling it on Ebay as. So it's an open box item someone had, didn't like it, returned it, he got a hold of it and then resold it.

Checked the fur around the ears, nothing seems to be in the way or should be causing it. When sleeping the ears are tightly down, can't move either of them back.
Remove the fur and check the ears on the inside. Something could be loose.

Very afraid to do that. >~> Is that even safe to do?
Yes.

Unlike the originals, 2012 Furbys were made with easy fur removal in mind.

Take a look at the battery compartment. Unscrew the two screws to access the batteries. See the 8 screws surrounding the battery holder? Unscrew those and remove the plastic ring.

See the thread loop at the tail switch? It's only hooked on, just use the screwdriver to unhook it.

Now you can pull the fur away.

I've decided to break down and buy a couple Party Rockers when they come out. But I'm unclear on what features they have. According to Wal Mart and Toys R Us's description they respond to touch and sound in addition to rocking and tail pulling and they speak both Furbish and English. But the Hasbro Toy Shop website doesn't mention anything about touch sensors and says that they only speak Furbish. And apparently Toys R Us was offering pre orders but are now sold out. They're $24.99 there and they're $19.99 at Wal mart.

Most of the places that are offering preorders for the Party Rockers only have four available. I'm wondering if the other two shown in Toy Fair pictures are due to be released later on as a second wave.

I only see the 4 on ebay... So I don't know the 2nd set or just ones that didn't make it. I guess they are out in limited numbers someplaces. I am looking at the boxes, they remind me of take-out size boxes. They must be fairly small. I want one. XD.

Yeah sometimes things shown at Toy Fair don't always make it to market. Back in the tail end of the original Furby's production there were several special edition Furbys that were shown that were never made. The two other Party Rockers may not have made the cut. I do kind of hope we see them later on though.

I probably won't get any Party Rockers until later. I want to purchase another regular Furby first so I'll have an even four before I start collecting Party Rockers.

Those others look better then the one with a horn for its mouth. I would prefer one of those. I just wonder if out stores have them or not. Its cold/windy to go check. I hope we will have them when we go to our Walmart. Ebay isn't being very fair for prices. I can see up to $35... Since they have them and whatever shipping is but wow... Some of them want the equilavent of a regular furby of 2012.

I agree. I don't really like the one with the horn for a mouth. I'm on the fence about buying that one. If I do it'll only be because I decide I want the complete set. And even if I do that one will be the last one I purchase. The other two that they didn't make look a lot cooler. I hope they come out later on.

Spending the price of a 2012 Furby for a Party Rocker does seem a little silly. But some people like to be among the first to own something and are willing to overpay in order to do so. Those Ebay sales are probably targeting those types.

Hm, maybe Shelby size? Since they're small and all....

Anyone have pictures of the other two you're talking about?

Speaking of which, trying to repair this Shelby i picked up for 5 bucks at the swap meet. Managed to fix the back sensor issue and the shell 'catching' and not going down, even while sleeping, but the mouth and shell are out of sync--the shell moves when the mouth is to move, and vice versa. Going to have to take it apart further to see what's up, I heard this happened with old Furbies and there's a 'switch' or screw or something you turn to sync it. I wonder if the Shelbies have it...

The Party Rockers are small. They fit in your hand. That is a selling point for me. I can sneak it if I am careful with it. Hahaha.

The least favorite one is either the horn for a mouth or the one with the big mouth... Maybe that one. I like the pink the most and the party one 2nd best.

I can find the youtube video. It has the best visuals and size.

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Good luck trying to find the Party Rockers in the store. I went out on the 15th (their supposed release date) and there was not a single Furby to be found in any of the stores I checked. The local Walmart, Target, ToysRUs, and Kmart were all completely out-of-stock of any Furby. I thought maybe it was because we had a recent blizzard that closed down roads for a few days, so no stores could receive deliveries. But given what I've seen on Furby's Facebook page, and what I've heard, Furbys are just in high demand all over the United States. Enough so that stores are saying they're not getting them in anymore. Kmart even stopped listing the Party Rockers on their website.

Which is a shame. I really want the Twittby (that's the one with the horn for a mouth. I think he's adorable!), but I'm not about to pay double or triple the price for him on Amazon. Plus, I guess I just kind of miss the fun of finding a Furby in the store.

Ouch, that's... awful D: I think the little blue one with the shy look is kinda cute....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back