Getting a boyfriend or girlfriend

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm in 6th grade and I'll be 12 in July. I have a huge crush. Am I to young to have a BF?

Also, what do you think the minimum age level for having a BF or GF should be? :puroperatchi: Thanks so much to everyone who replies to this topic! :marumimitchi: I love to hear everyone's awesome opinion.

Everyone I know is going to say "well it doesn't matter the age" yadayadayda. And honestly it doesn't matter about the age in fact- girls got married and pregnant at 12 a few hundred years ago- but it's a maturity thing.

I can't tell you how old you must be but my rule is don't date unless you want to get married. Those girls got married at 12 because they were ready to get married, start a family, and they had to grow up faster because they died younger. We live well into our 70s and 80s and you have a huge amount of time you should not spend worrying about "dating relationships".

If you want statistics only 3 percent of highschool relationships stay together... and based on the current divorced rate only 1.5 percent stay together for the rest of their lives. And you're in 6th grade. Try to beat the odds if you must but it's close to nothing so why not spend it on things that will last longer than a week long "relationship"?

There isn't much of an age, just if your parents give it the okay. If they say yes, and you want to, then it's plenty fine.

[SIZE=7pt]If you are ready for it, just know a few things. [/SIZE]

You should let your parents know about this whole boyfriend-girlfriend thing.

They are there to help if you need it.

And if you are allowed, why not?

Just take it slow. Really slow. You're still young, so be nice and mature about it. :)

I think anywhere in middle school is an okay time. (6-8th grade).

I'm in 7th grade, and currently have a boyfriend. It's been a month already. <33 My Austin

But, don't be pressured just because many people around you are starting to date, wait till you feel you're ready.

I know I am ready though <3

[SIZE=14pt]...I swear, there was already a topic like this. D: Oh wells...[/SIZE]

Anyway when you decide to date, it's all up to you. It all depends on if you really like this guy, or if he's just a dude you wanted to crush on. And trust me, most relation don't last long at your age. Even my age. x.x"

But before you ever go out with a guy...Ask yourself these questions...

~Would you really EVER marry this guy?

~Do you REALLY love him? Or is it just a crush?

~Are you able to work out tough times with this guy?

And I really want you to think about it.

Because, most people just date because it's cool, or most people have crushes on other kids because they want to be able to say "OH I LIKE THIS GUY/GIRL. THERE SO CUTE", or to feel Love, that really isn't there. :/

So think about it~

Last edited by a moderator:
dudee;

i am turning twelve in july also!

cool cool.

:]

ANYWAYSSSSSSSSSSS,

my parents think that i should be about 13 to date,

but i do it anyways!

maybe you should talk to a perent/guardian about how they feel.

that should help you with your question.

i personallly don't think it is too young,

maybe you could just start out at the level of " going out"

and holding hands hanging out...

stuff like that.

maybe a little peck on the cheek.

=]

just make sure you don't go to far!

i hope i helped!

love,

Bailey.

At least 13. Your still in the puppy love area, where, you can hold hands, or whatever, but having a "BF" is still a bit er, above your age group.

arounf dmiidle school, i guess. but if your parents don't set an age, neither should you. you should wait till there's someone worth dating, be twelve or twelve hundred.

Age isn't a factor, it's maturity. You shouldn't get Girlfriend/boyfriend mixed up with just an elementary school crush based on appearance alone.

Maturity is what matters.

People at the age of 11 or 12 don't need a boyfrined or girlfriend.

People should be patient and wait until there mature enough to have a boyfrind or girlfriend. Also, when you're 10, 11, or 12 it's usually never 'true love'. It's usually just a crush.

Tw/p is right, that IS what I'm going to say.

It's true, age is but a number. What matters is if you're prepared and if you think you are really ready for that kind of relationship. ^_^

Chatterbox

This is the way i look at it,...

I kinda agree with my cuz,

My mom wont let me get a b/f till im 16.

do i agree w/ that, NO! lol ( dont have to worrie about it cause im a tomboy and not the type of girl that guys like)

Well, i think if your tuely INLOVE with that sertion someone, thin sure, go for it

But if its puppy love, thin, i wouldent really go for it, cause your to young to worrie about all that b/f g/f stuff.

One of my best friends gets a boy friend right after she brakes up with another one,...

Her grades, aint that good. Also about of people think she's a Hoe-boe : D lol ( i dident really want to cuss)

So yea, if you want to take a shot, go for it

I'm in 6th grade and I'll be 12 in July. I have a huge crush. Am I to young to have a BF?Also, what do you think the minimum age level for having a BF or GF should be? :) Thanks so much to everyone who replies to this topic! ;) I love to hear everyone's awesome opinion.
Ok. Here goes some stupid advice by the not popular tomrules74185296.

My age range for the BF & GF thing is 12-15.

I'm 12, and I am dating. But really slowly. REAL SLOW.

If you are going to date this guy you have A HUGE CRUSH on, make sure that the "CRUSH" you have isn't just a think that lasts for only a week. Make sure you REALLY like this kid, someone you could date for awhile. If you are going to do this when you are 12 like me, please TAKE IT SLOWWW!

Now, if you choose to date him sometime, please attract his attention, or something like that, so he feels like he likes you and wants to ask you out. Its kinda un-ladylike kinda to ask a boy out. Thats why I like being a boy.

Before you make this decision, please ask yourself.

Do you really like this guy?

Is it worth dating him?

Do I really like him?

and questions like that.

Ok, hope this helped...

~tomrules74185296

Any age when you can maturely handle a relationship.

But I'd say you should be in at least Jr. High to be dating.

well i new somone who said they were going to get married and they did

my tech techer!!!

he was 4 and so was his wife

I'm 13 (turning 14 in July) and my dad+brother really dislike the whole boyfriend-girlfriend thing. He thinks that i'd be too into that one guy instead of school work. i understand him [even my friend agrees with him! she's waiting til' after university until she's getting into "serious" relationships]. do you think my dad+brother are being a little harsh?

my mom doesnt mind though :eek: she just wants me to wait until grade 11-12.

Everyone I know is going to say "well it doesn't matter the age" yadayadayda. And honestly it doesn't matter about the age in fact- girls got married and pregnant at 12 a few hundred years ago- but it's a maturity thing.
I can't tell you how old you must be but my rule is don't date unless you want to get married. Those girls got married at 12 because they were ready to get married, start a family, and they had to grow up faster because they died younger. We live well into our 70s and 80s and you have a huge amount of time you should not spend worrying about "dating relationships".

If you want statistics only 3 percent of highschool relationships stay together... and based on the current divorced rate only 1.5 percent stay together for the rest of their lives. And you're in 6th grade. Try to beat the odds if you must but it's close to nothing so why not spend it on things that will last longer than a week long "relationship"?
well actually those girls got married and had children when they were twelve becuase they did not have a choice in the matter and even if they did no twelve year old is ready for marriage or children.....they still are children. So I really disagree with that statement.

well I'm fourteen, almost fifteen and in ninth grade and I didn't start dating until this year. Well.... I did go out with this boy in sixth drade for like two weeks but it was becuase I felt really bad for him and I didn't want to hurt his feelings by sayign no when he asked me. But I didn't start dating until this year becuase I wanted to make sure I was ready to actually be in something that wasn't just a stupid one week long thing. And right now I'm in a pretty serious relationship, and I have been for while and I'm really happy with it. I can honestly say I'm very in love with him (no "you're to young" comments please). But most of the people who will read this will be younger than me so this is my advice to you.

When I was about eleven or so I really liked this boy and I thought that I love dhim, but looking back now I realise that i didn't love him, I was just really enfatuated. So I was wanting to feel emotions that I just didn't have yet, so that was actually an experiece that i learned a lot from. That's why I decided to wait to date people until I felt more ready and it really paid off. So honestly, I say wait a little bit and don't date someone until you have been friends for a long time and know eachother like that first. That way you will already know eachother and it can become a really great meaningful thing that you two share.

But if you are going to date now, go REALLY REALLY REALLY SLOW. You should not have a physical relationship yet, that will end up seriously hurting both of you if it goes to far at a young age. I guess holding hands and maybe some kissing is ok, but just don't take it beyond that and don't get really emotionally involved yet. Just keep it on an elementary level, and it's totally fine to just not date at all right now and if people ask why just say you want to date a little later and you would rather have fun being a kid and doing kid stuff right now.

i do realise that maturity and are two different things but honestly you will get a lot more mature as you get older and so your relationships will too. And when you first start dating you really shouldn't jump into something you're not ready for.

but yeah waiting is really worth it.

sorry for any typos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back