Getting an iD-L

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the prompt responses, everyone! My iD L is already on the way, hopefully it arrives early this week.

So if the screen turns off, I couldn't see everything and I have to reactivate the screen by pressing any button just to check on my tama?

So if the screen turns off, I couldn't see everything and I have to reactivate the screen by pressing any button just to check on my tama?
That is correct. It will still beep at you if it needs attention but you won't be able to see anything unless you activate the screen. Any button will do.

That is correct. It will still beep at you if it needs attention but you won't be able to see anything unless you activate the screen. Any button will do.
Well, I see. I really liked how I could check on my Tama by just looking at the screen on my V6. Oh well, the price to pay for a coloured screen.

I know that this doesn't have an actual pause feature (but is possible by staying at the time screen), but does this one have a mute function?

BTW, OldSchoolTama, I've been reading your log and I love it! It just makes me more excited for my own iD L. Do you actually make care misses on the purpose of getting all 32 adult characters? Is there any other way you could make them "appear" other than making care misses?

Well, I see. I really liked how I could check on my Tama by just looking at the screen on my V6. Oh well, the price to pay for a coloured screen.

I know that this doesn't have an actual pause feature (but is possible by staying at the time screen), but does this one have a mute function?

BTW, OldSchoolTama, I've been reading your log and I love it! It just makes me more excited for my own iD L. Do you actually make care misses on the purpose of getting all 32 adult characters? Is there any other way you could make them "appear" other than making care misses?
Yeah, I prefer being able to just glance at my Tamagotchi's screen to check up on it, but the 'screen saver' function on the iD L is quite necessary to help save battery and whatnot. You get used to it after a while.

You're right about the pause feature. Pressing A and C at the same time while on the time screen will effectively pause it. As for turning the sound off, that's possible too. Just make sure no icons are selected and then press A and C at the same time. A screen with two options should pop up: the first means "on" and the second one means "off." Pick the second option to turn off the sound.

Thanks! I'm glad you're excited; it really is a neat Tamagotchi! Yes, I do purposefully make care misses to get all 32 characters. It pains me to neglect my little ones but I don't think there is another sure-fire way to be able to get all the characters like that. Although...

Technically, there are a few characters who have certain tricks you can do in order to get them, and there aren't really care misses involved. Sometimes you will get a character by default if you do a certain thing, regardless of how many care misses you make. You can find a great explanation HERE.

I've seen somewhere that there was a black iD L that was released. Was this one true?

UPDATE - According to the shipping tracker, my iD L's already out for delivery! The wait is killing me, lol :D

UPDATE: It's here, YAY!

dsc0520vb.jpg

(yet another) UPDATE: I just noticed that the gray area in the front is very prone to fingerpints! And the screen looks so fragile lol, I'm going to buy it a screen protector later today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been enjoying the iD L so far!

I have another question - I know that the Donuts Park varies depending on the time of the day, it can be a Tama Marche, Tama Market or just any regular park but what are the exact times?

You are probably referring to the Tamagotchi iD L "Spot." More information regarding this black iD L can be found HERE.

Donuts Park Events

Glad you're enjoying your new iD L so far! Maybe you can start up a log so that you can chronicle your discoveries. :)

Oh man this is getting me so excited! I'm a guy, and I went with the green iD L and a white one also. I'm getting two as I want to play with one, but keep one in a box for my collection. Spent my birthday money on it, but it sounds like it's worth every penny! I'm so excited for the features and extended characters compared to the tama-go.

I'd say green and white were the most neutral for guys. It's true, they should stop making it so marketed towards girls... but hey... I guess business is business and those at Ban Dai only read the numbers xD

Can't wait for mine!!! :lol:

Oh, you're going to love it. Be wary of the thickness, though. It's as big as the v6 but it's like two v6s stacked on top of each other.

The buttons are a huge improvement. They are larger, no longer rubbery and more responsive. They "click" when being pressed.

The only issue I'm having so far is that since it's larger, it barely fits in my pocket and most of the time, the buttons get randomly pressed; so whenever I take it out of my pocket I'd end up in some menu LOL :p

The packaging mainly adds to the girlish factor, but the Tamagotchi itself looks pretty much neutral. I "tested" with a group of friends and the only ones who thought they were girly is when I told them I find it girly.

The rest whom I haven't told were pretty much indifferent. xD

I posted my iD L picture at the top. Post it here as well when you get yours! I'd like to see how the green one looks like. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, I'm gonna post a photo of mine when I get it! And wow I didn't expect it to be THAT thick... but anything thinner than the Tama-Go is a blessing to me right now. THAT thing is huge. It's just a desk tamagotchi to me. I also think I'm getting a V6. I've been pondering actually buying one, I've heard from some people its not that great, but from others that its good. I'd just like to have tone to play with, honestly just so I can have a portable sized tamagotchi, one I can actually carry around. I haven't played a tamagotchi since the first one came out, but I stayed collecting. I don't want to open the original ones I have still-packaged! I only started playing again recently, and I started with the tama-go. Just not happy with the size lool! Out of the connection series, I'm want to get 2 V6's, keep one for my collection and keep one to play with. I'm guessing you have the v6... do you like it? I play TamaTown with my Tama-Go and it seems like TamaTown would be waaaay more fun with a v6 lol

I have a V6 and I actually like it :D I agree that it is a little demanding, but not as demanding as the baby stage of any Tamagotchi. Yes, the skills needed to be maxed out, but as long as you provide at least an hour or two a day to play the built-in games, you'll be fine. I had to take the battery out of my V6 now since I'm taking care of my iD L and I don't have the time to raise more than one, but I will be definitely restarting it as soon as time allows.

Well, yes the iD L is large but is a lot smaller than the Tama-Go! It's what "prevents" me from buying it LOL, I didn't even know why it's called Tama-"Go" yet it is not portable.

BTW just a heads-up, if you know at least basic Japanese, you'll find it cool when the iD L asks for your name the first time you start it. It's what the Tamagotchi will use to call you out when it needs attention - like this one I did on mine:

47510810150769637921058.jpg

The little one shouts out, "Ichiro!" each time it beeps. :D

Another question - to make a care miss, I would leave out the hunger/friend meters empty and the attention icon unattended until it disappears, right? How do I get a second care miss after that? Does the attention icon light up again after some time or do I have to send the meters full/empty cycle again?

I have a V6 and I actually like it :D I agree that it is a little demanding, but not as demanding as the baby stage of any Tamagotchi. Yes, the skills needed to be maxed out, but as long as you provide at least an hour or two a day to play the built-in games, you'll be fine. I had to take the battery out of my V6 now since I'm taking care of my iD L and I don't have the time to raise more than one, but I will be definitely restarting it as soon as time allows.

Well, yes the iD L is large but is a lot smaller than the Tama-Go! It's what "prevents" me from buying it LOL, I didn't even know why it's called Tama-"Go" yet it is not portable.

BTW just a heads-up, if you know at least basic Japanese, you'll find it cool when the iD L asks for your name the first time you start it. It's what the Tamagotchi will use to call you out when it needs attention - like this one I did on mine:

47510810150769637921058.jpg

The little one shouts out, "Ichiro!" each time it beeps. :D
it sounds sooooo cool! I don't know any Japanese... But I'm sure I'll get by with the guides available online. Its shipped so I should be getting it within a week! CNT WAIT!

Well, do you prefer any Japanese name? Let me know so that I could provide you which characters to use when you get to start your iD-L.

The iD L allows up to 5 Japanese characters (hiragana) so that means a total of 5 syllables. :D

Where did you get your iD L from? :)

Another question - to make a care miss, I would leave out the hunger/friend meters empty and the attention icon unattended until it disappears, right? How do I get a second care miss after that? Does the attention icon light up again after some time or do I have to send the meters full/empty cycle again?
That is correct; the attention icon turns off after 15 minutes. This is considered a 'care miss.' What I usually do to get more care misses is I empty out the hunger meter. After getting one care miss, I fill up the hunger meter with one bowl of food. That way, you don't have to wait until the entire meter empties out again. The one bowl empties, I wait till the attention icon turns off, and repeat as necessary. I don't touch the happy meter. Also, it's recommended that you should not let both meters empty out - might make your character sick or worse.

Well, do you prefer any Japanese name? Let me know so that I could provide you which characters to use when you get to start your iD-L.

The iD L allows up to 5 Japanese characters (hiragana) so that means a total of 5 syllables. :D

Where did you get your iD L from? :)
Not to put a damper on things but this thread is getting to be a bit off-topic. If you have any other questions about the iD L, please do post them here (or if not, you can also make a request to close the topic). Otherwise, may I suggest that you two continue your lively conversation via PM? Thanks so much! :)

Not to put a damper on things but this thread is getting to be a bit off-topic. If you have any other questions about the iD L, please do post them here (or if not, you can also make a request to close the topic). Otherwise, may I suggest that you two continue your lively conversation via PM? Thanks so much! :)
Sorry about that, OST.

Anyway, I have another question. You have a Palm Treo, right? I found a local listing for a Treo 650 and I'll be meeting with the seller tomorrow to pick it up.

I've read that it supports an SD card so I got all the iD L download files sent to my SD.

I tried doing a bit of research but I couldn't find any built-in file manager on it that will let me browse the SD card and beam the files over to my iD L. Is there a way how? I'm planning to test it tomorrow when I meet with the seller to make sure it works before I take it.

I don't quite get what you mean...I'll describe the process that worked for me.

First, check to see if your Treo accepts the kind of SD card you have. (SD is 2GB and lower, SDHC is 4GB and higher.)

Next, make sure that the files on your card are extracted (on Mac, simply by clicking the folder that it is in extracts them, making them JPEGS.) and NOT IN FOLDERS. They must be out in the open.

Next, put your SD card into the Treo. For me, I used a Palm Zire, and the way I did it was that I went to the camera, to where you can view pictures, then I opened up where my SD card was. From there, all I had to do was select the item I wanted to beam, tap "Media" at the top left corner, select beam, and then it beams over to my iD L. (on the iD L, you go to the heart icon, then the fourth option.)

Hope this helps somewhat. :p

Thanks for that information! A few more questions:

1. So that means that the only way to browse files on the Treo is by the camera app?

2. Not in folders? I had them sorted into folders in my SD card (meals/wallpapers/games etc), so does it mean that I should put them all in the root directory of the SD card?

Thanks for that information! A few more questions:

1. So that means that the only way to browse files on the Treo is by the camera app?

2. Not in folders? I had them sorted into folders in my SD card (meals/wallpapers/games etc), so does it mean that I should put them all in the root directory of the SD card?
1. That's how I did it, however, you might want to play around with it to see what works for you. (I used palm Zire)

2. Yes. You can try and see if the treo recognizes your folders and you can browse around it, but from my experience, you have to have them out into the root directory.

I got my Palm Treo this afternoon and it worked with the downloads! :D

Thanks for all your help!

Another question - I've got some living room wallpapers downloaded as well. Suppose I purchase one and use it; is there a way I could "roll back" to the default living room wallpaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back