Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what is a yeast infection? and how do you get it? are there any signs that everyone should know about?
a yeast infection is...yeast in your vagina. lol. that's the best i can say it. um..you know that stuff they put in bread to make the dough rise? yes...

the signs i had were a greenish yellowish discharge, itching, frequent urination, burning, white...chunky stuff (it's gross), discharge smelling like beer (sometimes bread). and that's all. i'm not sure how i got it. i take care of myself pretty well. usually you get it if you don't take care of yourself well. like changing pads, tampons, and liners frequently, and -cleaning yourself- all of which i do, so i don't really understand how i got it. but i really want it gone. i want to have kids someday, and if i don't go to the doctor, i might become *gasp* infertile O_O

What I imagine they'll do is give you a pap smear. It's not as much painful as it is awkward. I unfortunately have to get one on Tuesday to be able continue my birth control.

Also, if you think your boyfriend gave you an STD, most likely meaning you're already having sex, you might want to tell your parents. It'd be a lot worse for them to hear about that from a doctor than from their daughter.
what is a pap smear?

we didn't have intercorse. just oral sex. but the STD i thought i had can be transmitted through oral. so...i was a little worried. thanks for the link too. he wouldn't have to be treated if we didn't have intercourse right?

I found a way to make yest infections go away and stay away!!!(I think, maybe)

It's a vitamin that you take every day, it's in Mom's car so I'll tell you what it's called tomorrow!!!

LIVE IS SOLVED!!!!(I think, maybe)

what is a pap smear?
we didn't have intercorse. just oral sex. but the STD i thought i had can be transmitted through oral. so...i was a little worried. thanks for the link too. he wouldn't have to be treated if we didn't have intercourse right?
If he were to give you an STD, you'd both have to be treated.

-edit- I read something wrong.

If you didn't have intercourse, he shouldn't have to be checked if it's just a yeast infection. If it's something else, he might get checked just to be safe.

A pap smear is where your doctor inspects your vagina by using a speculum to open the entry-way and take samples of fluids off the inner walls. They also check to make sure your overies are healthy and in the right position.

Here's another link that can give better information than I can ^.^

Familydoctor.com: Pap smears

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, people. This is supposed to be a KID-FRIENDLY site. ;) Can you think of nothing better to talk about than sicko things that young children should not know about until they turn like 10! Who ever started this... Ask your mom or doctor about this. Not tamatown. :p :) :( :p

Okay, people. This is supposed to be a KID-FRIENDLY site. ;) Can you think of nothing better to talk about than sicko things that young children should not know about until they turn like 10! Who ever started this... Ask your mom or doctor about this. Not tamatown. :p :) :( :p
This topic is used for education. If you don't like it, get out and stay out. People younger than 10 get their periods. They have questions. Talking to parents is awkward. People ask others online because it's anonymous and they get correct answers from people with experience.

Nobody is forcing anyone to ask/answer questions and if you feel uncomfortable reading this type of thing, don't come in the thread.

I found a way to make yest infections go away and stay away!!!(I think, maybe)
It's a vitamin that you take every day, it's in Mom's car so I'll tell you what it's called tomorrow!!!

LIVE IS SOLVED!!!!(I think, maybe)
Ok, I've got it!!!

Brand: Nature's Way

Name of Vitamin: Primadophilus

Type: Bifius(there are 2 types)

I hope this helps!!! I'm taking it and I don't feel that I have to put Oxistat on!!! ^_^

I went to the doctor today, and my pap smear was different. uh...my friend told me that they use a cotton ball to look, but my doctor just used a q tip and took a sample, and hardly even looked at all. I do have a yeast infection, and she said she gave me pills to fix it with. She says that there are creams too, but since I have my period, she gave me pills, because she said the creams are harder to use when it's your period (don't understand the difference, but whatever.). Pap smears are incredably awkward though. I couldn't imagine how it would be wtih a man doctor. My doctor was a woman. But she's also very kool and funny, so I guess the worst outcome possibly with a pap smear would be a mean, weird, creepy, man doctor o_o happy i got this taken care of, and it's not an STD! :eek:

whats a pap smear and what is it for?
my friend's sister sent me a text yesterday when i didn't know what it was that said,

A pap smear is a swab of the vaginal wall to test the cells for 2ncer and signs of stds
i dunno what "2ncer" is (lol) but with mine, they just took a lil sample of my skin cells with a q tip and tested it and it turned out i had a yeast infection.

I have to go to the bathroom like every 5 mins... is that a sign of puberty???? i am confuzzled

could be a urinary infection. might wanna tell your parents. it's not really serious, but it can get rather annoying.

i went to the doctor and they said that it might be a sign of puberty. but now i have to take this antibyotic(sp?). it looks like blood! yet, it tastes good.

I don't think it is. I never had that possible symptom. I had all the others though! :furawatchi: It could be, but if you would tell me your age and any other symptom(s) of puberty you've been having that would be helpful.

I went to the doctor today, and my pap smear was different. uh...my friend told me that they use a cotton ball to look, but my doctor just used a q tip and took a sample, and hardly even looked at all. I do have a yeast infection, and she said she gave me pills to fix it with. She says that there are creams too, but since I have my period, she gave me pills, because she said the creams are harder to use when it's your period (don't understand the difference, but whatever.). Pap smears are incredably awkward though. I couldn't imagine how it would be wtih a man doctor. My doctor was a woman. But she's also very kool and funny, so I guess the worst outcome possibly with a pap smear would be a mean, weird, creepy, man doctor o_o happy i got this taken care of, and it's not an STD! :furawatchi:
Cotton balls? o.o' That's awkward.. I've never heard of them using cotton balls before. Only Q-Tips.

My doctor is a man, and oddly enough it wasn't too bad o.o' It was actually more awkward with the woman doctor because I had just met her that day. My doctor is one of the most gentle people I've ever met, and he's always willing to help in any way he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back