Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey my best friend told me that somthing is rong with her period.she says that she has black roundish thing coming out with her period... :D :) :D

hey my best friend told me that somthing is rong with her period.she says that she has black roundish thing coming out with her period... :D :) :D
Blood clots can often appear to be almost black in colour and can range in size. The larger ones can be quite painful to pass as well. :D However, they are a normal part of menstruation. ;)

Im sorta scared bout mine but i want it to happen so i can get it over with and know whats coming. last year(6th grade) guys had to learn about what happens to us girls and we had to learn about them and thre guys were totally immature. Period sounds a bit scary but sex ed is kinda interesting but i totally would have preferred it if i hadnt been my guy principal talking to me about my body. it was weird.

Shilo_Tama, what is it about getting your period that you find scary?? It is something that happens to just about every women and although we all tend to whinge and moan about it (it certainly is not that convenient) it really isn't that bad for the vast majority.

I get terrible pains,But my mum said it runs in the family.

I get really bad Stomach cramps,So bad I can't move.

I puke up anything I eat,Even Drinks which is bad :D

And my period is really bad,I get though about 10 pads a day when I have theese weird bouts.

Its the sick I hate though >_<

-fp

My discharge has become a lot heavier lately. It has also turned light brown. It is shortly after my second period but It is normally yellow or white never brown. Is this normal or should I speak to my doctor? I am really afraid to have my doctor examine *gulp* down there...
That is Unlikely :D

It sounds like it is just discharge which can come in a lot of wierd colours,most people get them after a period but sometimes,It might be a sighn of an infection.But If you are worrie ask your Mum to have a look and if she says you might need the Doctor,Just tell her what happened and she can tell the doctor instead of him looking.

-fp

My discharge has become a lot heavier lately. It has also turned light brown. It is shortly after my second period but It is normally yellow or white never brown. Is this normal or should I speak to my doctor? I am really afraid to have my doctor examine *gulp* down there...
I have that too sometimes. Its just after your period has finished a few more drops of blood come out.

I get terrible pains,But my mum said it runs in the family.I get really bad Stomach cramps,So bad I can't move.

I puke up anything I eat,Even Drinks which is bad :D

And my period is really bad,I get though about 10 pads a day when I have theese weird bouts.

Its the sick I hate though >_<

-fp
Hi fp,

I can totally relate to this. :) I found also that regular pain killers didn't work for me either. I had to go for some extra strong stuff and early otherwise I'd end up sick too.

When my period came, that night I'd take pain killers before bed (otherwise I'd wake up and end up dry retching or vomiting the painkiller in the morning). I'd take painkillers every 4-6 hours for the first few days prophylatically. That way I didn't have any pain.

The heavy bleeding was still very much an issue.

Going on the contraceptive pill may be useful for you as it was for me. I was put on the pill well before I was sexually active to reduce the volume of blood losts and reduce the number of active bleeding days (which was usually 7-9 days).

It did take some time, but it definately has worked. I now bleed for a maximum of five days and no longer need to take pain killers at all. I am also not working my way through entire packets of pads either.

This is something you may wish to discuss with your doctor, especially if you period is interfering with your ability to function normally. The other good thing about the getting on the pill is that you are able skip periods so you only have bleed once every three months and you don't have the risk of osteoporosis that comes with Depo Provera.

Hi fp,
I can totally relate to this. :D I found also that regular pain killers didn't work for me either. I had to go for some extra strong stuff and early otherwise I'd end up sick too.

When my period came, that night I'd take pain killers before bed (otherwise I'd wake up and end up dry retching or vomiting the painkiller in the morning). I'd take painkillers every 4-6 hours for the first few days prophylatically. That way I didn't have any pain.

The heavy bleeding was still very much an issue.

Going on the contraceptive pill may be useful for you as it was for me. I was put on the pill well before I was sexually active to reduce the volume of blood losts and reduce the number of active bleeding days (which was usually 7-9 days).

It did take some time, but it definately has worked. I now bleed for a maximum of five days and no longer need to take pain killers at all. I am also not working my way through entire packets of pads either.

This is something you may wish to discuss with your doctor, especially if you period is interfering with your ability to function normally. The other good thing about the getting on the pill is that you are able skip periods so you only have bleed once every three months and you don't have the risk of osteoporosis that comes with Depo Provera.
Thankyou For the Info :D

It only happens If im really upset or angry and then I eat and then think about why im deppressed again and then everything starts :D

But Isn't the Pill to stop you having a baby if you...Do It??

-fp :)

But Isn't the Pill to stop you having a baby if you...Do It??
-fp :D
Most women take the pill for contraceptive purposes but the pill can also be used to regulate the durations and volume of menstrual bleeding in women with heavy, painful and/or irregular cycles. Each pill has a combination or hormones and works to mimic the menstrual cycle but in a controlled way. i.e. the quantity of each hormone your body received is regulates by what pill you are taking rather than you body. A lot of menstrual problems arise from hormonal imbalances. The pill allows regulation of those imbalances (in simple terms).

Loestrin 24 Fe is one such example of a pill that serves the contraceptive purpose but is also designed with hormonal regulation and iron retention in mind.

Delaying Your Period Through Oral Contraceptives is a good down to earth article that discusses menstrual manipulation through contraceptives.

Most women take the pill for contraceptive purposes but the pill can also be used to regulate the durations and volume of menstrual bleeding in women with heavy, painful and/or irregular cycles. Each pill has a combination or hormones and works to mimic the menstrual cycle but in a controlled way. i.e. the quantity of each hormone your body received is regulates by what pill you are taking rather than you body. A lot of menstrual problems arise from hormonal imbalances. The pill allows regulation of those imbalances (in simple terms).
Loestrin 24 Fe is one such example of a pill that serves the contraceptive purpose but is also designed with hormonal regulation and iron retention in mind.

Delaying Your Period Through Oral Contraceptives is a good down to earth article that discusses menstrual manipulation through contraceptives.
Ok Thanks Again ;)

I talk to my Mum about it and see if I can use it ;)

-fp

I took the Loestrin fe birth control pill from the time I was 13 until I turned 20 this past year. It reduced my bleeding time from 8-ish to only 5 days, and I stopped going through a Super absorbency tampon every hour. I used to have extremely painful cramps with my period, so bad that I would stay awake all night long tossing and turning because it hurt so much I couldn't sleep. Once I started taking the pill, my cramps nearly dissappeared. I started taking the pill to lessen the severity of my period, and it definitely helped.

I only stopped taking the pill this year because I don't really like the idea of being on a medication for over 6 years. My periods are heavier now that I have stopped using the pill, but thankfully not as heavy as they were years ago. I may go back on the pill after awhile, or just continue being very responsible about things, we shall see. Going on the pill is often a very good choice if your period is severe. I would recommend talking to your Mom about it if this is the case. ;)

wow..u had to wear a skirt on ur period!!!???wer u ammbarassed?i would b!!!!!i ha to wear a pad for a whole day in school!!(thankfully the hours ar: 8:30-1:30) ;)

I wore my SHIRT...........I wear skirts ALL the time during puberty, mainly so I dont have to pull down my pants in front of girls in the locker girl, I put my gym shorts on under my skirt, then take off the skirt....^.~

I think my period's coming... These are my signs:

*Moody

*Cramps

*All of a sudden feeling crabby and tired

*I sweat all through the day and it shows up in the armpit area on my shirt for all to see

How do I get rid of the sweaty part? ;)

The best thing to stop the sweat is a strong antiperspirant...not just deodorant. I use Mitchum brand or Dove, they both work very well. Get a clear gel or invisible solid stick form, I don't like to use spray-ons.

I wore my SHIRT...........I wear skirts ALL the time during puberty, mainly so I dont have to pull down my pants in front of girls in the locker girl, I put my gym shorts on under my skirt, then take off the skirt....^.~
ok i have NO clue wuts rong with my hearing....i thought wen my mom said "shout" i thought she said "snout"....and now im having trouble seeing too????(and to stay on topic)i also have to wear 1 pad like at school cuz i lost my portable pad holder...geerrrrr

Purses are a wondeful thing! My discharge is back to normal fyi. :D

EDIT-misspeled purses said puses :p !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back