Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People were taking about cravings and they described them for me. It's really confusing. I don't know if I get these or not. They say it's like when you can taste and feel the food and it's like you really want it. I might get these all the time, but I'm not sure! I am SO confused!!!
///Matchy :mametchi:
I get cravings and I haven't had my period yet. That's just strange!!!!

I'M CONFUSED!!!!

~Ruby~

I get cravings and I haven't had my period yet. That's just strange!!!! I'M CONFUSED!!!!

~Ruby~
Actually, it's completely normal. Sometimes, when your brain is low on certain chemicals, you crave certain foods that contain it, and they're often unhealthy foods like chocolate.

A little tip: I've heard that if you're craving foods that are high in carbs, hug a stuffed animal for 10 seconds and it'll help you stop. o___O It's because hugging creates feel-good chemicals, and some of those are ones that your brain needs when you're craving carbs. *nodnod* I think so, at least.

People were taking about cravings and they described them for me. It's really confusing. I don't know if I get these or not. They say it's like when you can taste and feel the food and it's like you really want it. I might get these all the time, but I'm not sure! I am SO confused!!!
///Matchy :)
Hi Matchy,

I am pretty sure that if you've had cravings you would know. Not having them isn't a bad thing - it means you are less likely to indulge in food that isn't good for you because your mind and body is telling you to do so! Not having cravings also doesn't mean you aren't mature etc. We are all different. :)

Yup, they sure do. Cravings do come at other times than your period, especially if you haven't had your favorite food in a long time or something.
Ok, thanks.

I always want chocolate.

XP

Yeah, that's the most common thing people crave. xD
Yep.

I can't keep a couple chocolates in my room for more than a couple days.

Do you have any advice on how to keep those cravings down?

I'm trying to quit eating so much candy for my good health.

So far it hasn't worked out so well.

tamaw/pants, the link provided on the previous page basically outlines what your body actually needs when you get cravings. A good way to stifle cravings is to give your body what it is asking for (which is not necessarily the chocolate you are craving). When it has what is required, the cravings will subside. :)

tamaw/pants, the link provided on the previous page basically outlines what your body actually needs when you get cravings. A good way to stifle cravings is to give your body what it is asking for (which is not necessarily the chocolate you are craving). When it has what is required, the cravings will subside. :)
Ok-ey-dokey.

So what it's saying is that if I do have a sweet crave, it doesn't mean a bunch of junk. It means sugars in fruits and stuff?

Ok-ey-dokey.So what it's saying is that if I do have a sweet crave, it doesn't mean a bunch of junk. It means sugars in fruits and stuff?
You are right that it doesn't mean eating a bunch of junk but if it is a sweet craving you suffering then you want something that is high in protein instead (according to that website). Dairy products are a good source of protein.. i.e. eggs, cheese, yoghurt etc.

does it stink(as in smell) when u have your period? ive heard that when u use scented pads it makes it smell worse... does anyone know :( ... yah i dont have mine but i should next year couse our puberty teacher told us 2 years after u start wearing a braw... wahhh :( :( i dont want 2 have a period(not 2 be imature...) i dont even know how 2 tell my mom that i need to start shaving *sobs*

Blood, like most things that come from your body, does smell. It is not uncommon for you to be sitting there and be able to smell your period. However, noone else can smell it... only you.

Does menstrual fluid really smell bad?

*Edit - having said that, blood is a natural product and will start to decompose over time so if you don't change regularly (e.g. you leave a pad on for 12 hour) then you will probably notice that it starts to smell really off and this is when others are likely to pick up on a not so nice scent!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back