Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. XD I eat alot. its like..... I have no stomach. XD Its funny because I dunno why it happens.
~Surfer_Girl, The girl who never gets fat, I dunno know why. XD~
You weight gain has to do primarily with your metabolism. Metabolism is a generic term for the process which make your body break down food and either use it as energy or store it as fat. The talk about metabolism in terms of speeds... there is a thing called your Basal Metabolic Rate which works out how fast your body is going to use energy at rest and hence your general energy demand. If your BMR is high then you will use energy faster at rest than a person with low BMR. That means you are less likely to have excess energy (in the form of fat) hanging around because your body is using it!

The best known way to increase BMR is to exercise regularly. Excerise itself will help burn excess but it also affects your metabolism too :ichigotchi:

Here is an easy to read site about metabolism: https://kidshealth.org/parent/general/body_...metabolism.html

Knowledge... Hurting.....head..... Too much learning! lol jk. I exercise everyday. ALOT. probably run around the block 3 times a day. So I dont get it still. XD Im gonna eat a pear now.

~SG~

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowledge... Hurting.....head..... Too much learning! lol jk. I exercise everyday. ALOT. probably run around the block 3 times a day. So I dont get it still. XD Im gonna eat a pear now.
~SG~
What's not to get? You've probably got a high basal metabolic rate (BMR) and on top of that you exercise regularly so you make sure you've got no excess energy stored as fat and you boost your BMR up even higher! :ichigotchi:

I think your right Bellsprout. It just that your using to much long words. Lol. Well I eat to much and exercise. high huh? 2.2? It is low. this is confusing me alot. lol XD. Anyway you probably should stop alwise my brain is gonna hurt. XD

~SG~

*Gulp* I have a BMI of 34... how will that affect me in the future?
I don't know how old you are so I can't comment for sure however, in adults, long term obesity can lead to ALL sorts of problems but the major concern is the cardiovascular system ie. your heart and blood. Adults with long term obesity tend not to be very mobile. Their heart has to work harder for them to do basic things so it is more inclined to give up if something goes wrong. Blood pressure also has a tendancy to rise which means that fats that build up in the arteries can break of because of the force of blood and lodge in the brain causing a stroke or in the heart causing a heart attack OR even in the lungs which is called a pulmonay embolism. None of those things are very pleasant.

As an adult reversing the effects can be slow, costly and very difficult. The body isn't happy about moving around a whole lot so exercise is not easy to obtain... there are also problems like joint wearing from the weight which make it also painful.

The Good News:

Fortunately you are young so you have plenty of opportunity to change if you wish to! :ichigotchi:

I recommend you have a good read of this: https://kidshealth.org/teen/food_fitness/dieting/obesity.html

It is very basic and in simple language. Pay particular attention section below and including "How Can Obesity Affect Your Health?". They will answer your questions in a very basic sense.

*Gulp* I have a BMI of 34... how will that affect me in the future?
If you want to lose weight, I have a diet you can try ^.^ I've been on it for a little over a month and I've lost 13 lbs. I'm also on special diet pills so that does effect it somewhat, but you might give the diet a try. *nods* It's a bit strict, but it works pretty well in my experience.

There's four main rules.

Rules:

1.) After eating a meal consisting of proteins you should wait four hours before eating any carbohydrates.

2.) After eating a meal consisting of carbohydrates you should wait four hours before you eat a meal containing proteins or fruits.

3.) After eating a meal consisting of fruit you should wait two hours before you eat foods containing carbohydrates.

4.) If a meal containing protein or carbohydrates consists of over 30% fat, you should wait seven hours before eating anything at all.

They might not make sense with such little explanation, but if you're interested, I can give you more in depth reasoning and explanations of why these rules are the way they are. It's an interesting diet. I like this one, because it explains why you shouldn't eat these types of foods together, instead of just saying, 'you can't eat it together because it's bad.'

If you'd like to lose weight, I'd give it a try. I can give you a lot more information on it if you want.

If you want to lose the weight, do it when you're still young. Trying to lose extra pounds as an adult is a lot more difficult than when you're young.

Well, I do feel alright, I usually don't feel tired till about 10:00PM at night and I play some sports. I play Basketball, Softball and I swim. From my side profile you wouldn't think I'm obese. I used to be huge. Last time my BMI was 40 for me so I guess 34 is an improvement. (I did it at a friends house about 6 months ago) Now instead of XL clothes I fit into Medium! Still, I am trying.

Thanks Bellsproout and Sweet kandi!

Well, I do feel alright, I usually don't feel tired till about 10:00PM at night and I play some sports. I play Basketball, Softball and I swim. From my side profile you wouldn't think I'm obese. I used to be huge. Last time my BMI was 40 for me so I guess 34 is an improvement. (I did it at a friends house about 6 months ago) Now instead of XL clothes I fit into Medium! Still, I am trying.
XL to Medium! That's a huge improvement! :( Keep up the good work, you should be very happy! :(

Sounds like you've got a lot of the right things happening. Losing weight can be a slow process and it is sometimes easy to give in to being lazy and not going for that run or falling for that craving. But if you persevere you will get results as you have been doing obviously! You will probably notice that as things progress you will feel better and better (not only about yourself but also healthy wise) and the chances are you may have noticed already!

Well done! :(

XL to Medium! That's a huge improvement! :( Keep up the good work, you should be very happy! :(
Sounds like you've got a lot of the right things happening. Losing weight can be a slow process and it is sometimes easy to give in to being lazy and not going for that run or falling for that craving. But if you persevere you will get results as you have been doing obviously! You will probably notice that as things progress you will feel better and better (not only about yourself but also healthy wise) and the chances are you may have noticed already!

Well done! :(
Thanks! :(

Well, I did used to feel tired all the time. I couldn't even be bothered to walk to my school (6 mins walking) but now I do.

I used to regard myself as a fat freak and it was only when kids started making oinking noises at me I decided I'll do something!

Now if you saw a piccy of me 6/7 months ago you'd see a big difference. I may still be a bit overweight for my age but it doesn't bring me down!

Losing weight can take a while but as I worked out the results a worth the wait!

My BMI was 17 :(

me is underweight :(

I'm 164 centimetres, and 46 kilograms

(Tall and skinny XD Like my Mummy was ^.^)

It's really hard for me to find well-Fitting clothes, cuz pants that fit well around my waist are much too short, but the ones that fit me well in length, are much too baggy, and always fall down D=

Which is strange cuz I eat TONNES of junk... and hardly any healthy foods :(

You should see what I ate today!

Breakfast: a bowl of cheerios (with sugar sprinkled on top)

Lunch: Hot chips with chicken salt and tomato sauce

Dinner: Pasta with parmesan cheese (i think thats healthy :p )

Drinks: Milk, water and coke

Snacks that I ate inbetween meals: a caramel kitkat chunky, 3 icecreams, a milky-way and a weird Candy-Drink thing :(

I think I should start to eat a bit better :p :(

And to Answer the question of this topic: Yes :p I have had my period before :(

Aaand.. It's that time of the month... (If you know what I mean)

>.>

<.<

And to Answer the question of this topic: Yes :( I have had my period before :( Aaand.. It's that time of the month... (If you know what I mean)

>.>

<.<
I know what you mean.

btw, I found something that can predict when your next period might be.

Click away! And then look on the right side of your screen for "When's the last date of your period?" And fill in the info! The ! days signal days you might get PMS. Flowers signal days you might want to expect your period.

i don't know how tall i am in cetimeters. i am 5 foot 3 inches. can someone figure it out for me? i weigh 90 pounds and i am 12 years old. what is my BMI? i think i am 126cm. how many kg am i?

Hmmm... just realised the two calculators I provided are for adults... No wonder you guys are all underweight!! lol...

BMI Calculators for kids!!! (For individuals up to 18 years old)

For those in Australia and countries who measure weight in kg and height in cm go here: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/obesity/youth/bmi.html

It calculates for both adults AND children

For those who measure weight in pounds and height in feet and inches go here:

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bmi-calculator/CC00043

That's awesome ^.^ I think in men's shirts I went from XL to either Large or Medium. In girls Hot Topic shirts I'm an XL, mainly because of my chest. I don't know what size I'd wear in girls shirts from other stores though. lol

I'm not very active, heh. I suppose I should work on that. Good luck with your weight loss ^.^

That's awesome ^.^ I think in men's shirts I went from XL to either Large or Medium. In girls Hot Topic shirts I'm an XL, mainly because of my chest. I don't know what size I'd wear in girls shirts from other stores though. lol
I'm not very active, heh. I suppose I should work on that. Good luck with your weight loss ^.^
heh my neither, Im a PC hog, Tho I aint really fat Tho some fat in my tummy

I don't have it yet (puke)

but some of my friends do and they say at first it's scary!!!!!

Next year were gonna watch a movie about everything!!!!!

Important Reminder!

The guides have looked over this topic a lot concerning the person asking about pictures, and the person who posted the topic. Bell Sprout is also keeping a close eye and answering questions for people who want to know more about it.

This thread is here as an edcuational tool and is being closely watched by a guide(s). Nobody is forcing anyone to answer and if they don't want to read the topic, they should stay out of it. Talking in this topic and sharing information is the person's choice knowing full and well what they're saying.

Some people find it easier to ask others who don't know them and can't actually see who they are questions about personal and natural things. Some get comfort in knowing that it happens to everyone and they can get their questions answered while still keeping their identity anonymous.

It's already been closed once for an investigation of sorts, and was reopened to be here for girls who have questions about their bodies from other girls/women who have experience in the subject.

This may sound rude, and it's not meant that way, but if people are concerned about safety, don't post information that you think is personal. The people who do post know there are some risks. Posting ANYTHING on the internet holds risk. So in reality, the people who think this is just some horrible personal thing that shouldn't be discussed for safety reasons shouldn't be on the internet at all. There will always be risk of something happening no matter what topic they're in or who they're talking to.

People make the choice to come and post here. If it bothers some people, they don't need to post, but for the people who want their questions answered, it's not fair to try and close down their source of information and stories of personal experiences from many women all over the globe.

*Edit: As per my original note, any further complaints about this topic WILL continue to be removed. If you feel it is too personal, you are under no obligation to respond. This topic is an educational tool which many members have contributed towards and benefited from. Please see the reopening statement*[/b]

I need metabolism pills. This kid a babysit is a sucker for energy.

I think if I had some sort of focus pill (Have problems with focusing for over 30 min. with this job), I would operate a little better.

Oh, good site

https://www.caloriesperhour.com

and

https://www.dietfacts.com

2 good sites for diet.

I used the BMR, RMR, calculator, and it said I have very low levels of energy.

See? See? I do need metabolism pills!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back